My car's check engine light On and Off

Yeobt

thank you all for the valuable advice.

went to a reputable ws in the west yesterday, got it check, he touch touch and the check light gone. FREE.  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Did he use the scanner to reset ECU or clear error code? CEL will appear again if the problem is not rectified. 

↡ Advertisement

Did he use the scanner to reset ECU or clear error code? CEL will appear again if the problem is not rectified. 

no reset, touch only.

he says need to order the sensors to replace should the problem comes back again.  [:p]

My car AT light went on while driving along pie than went of again..anyone know why? or is it going to give me problem

My car AT light went on while driving along pie than went of again..anyone know why? or is it going to give me problem

Before heading to mechanic shop, check whether you have sufficient coolant and sometimes, even if you have coolant and if it doesn't circulate, you shall get the issue. Once had similar issue with Suzuki Swfit.

Neutral Newbie

Fuel is full, went for a dignostic today its the torque converter clutch. They quoted me 5k to overhaul the gear wor..

Hi guys, my Honda jazz 2009 1.5L is showing Engine warning light yesterday after I start.

First crank failed, but second crank can start, then the light came up.

After that I off engine and open bonnet to check if anything strange but nothing strange, so I start engine and light still on. After I off and start Engine again the warning light is gone, can drive and no issues.

The second day morning when I start engine (can start the first try), the light on again.

I off engine and open bonnet, open coolant cap look see, the water is full to the brim so I use cloth to suck off abit. After that start engine the warning light is gone.

Not sure what's the problem, should I continue driving or go workshop check? Warning light is gone after some time so not sure how

You need a obdii reader to read the code.

It triggered a code and will still be there, even if the warning light has gone off.

If no reader, go to workshop and check.

It's something intermittent, it will come back again later.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, my Honda jazz 2009 1.5L is showing Engine warning light yesterday after I start.

First crank failed, but second crank can start, then the light came up.

After that I off engine and open bonnet to check if anything strange but nothing strange, so I start engine and light still on. After I off and start Engine again the warning light is gone, can drive and no issues.

The second day morning when I start engine (can start the first try), the light on again.

I off engine and open bonnet, open coolant cap look see, the water is full to the brim so I use cloth to suck off abit. After that start engine the warning light is gone.

Not sure what's the problem, should I continue driving or go workshop check? Warning light is gone after some time so not sure how

Have you checked your EO level? It could be at the borderline level where the sensor reads intermittently. Check EO level first and if the level is ok, seek professional help from trusted workshops.

Supercharged

I don't think it is related to the engine oil or coolant level

get a OBDII reader to read the code as kb27 said

given the age of the car and the starting symptom you described, to tikam in the dark, I would say the culprit is the crank angle sensor.

Edited by Phang
  • Praise 1

I don't think it is related to the engine oil or coolant level

get a OBDII reader to read the code as kb27 said

given the age of the car and the starting symptom you described, to tikam in the dark, I would say the culprit is the crank angle sensor.

Checked engine oil and coolant, not the issue.

Went to a workshop, he used a reader and check, initially saw "P060A, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (A/T System) Internal Control Module Malfunction", then technician go disconnect, spray something and connect the PCM connector back. Re-test, looks ok,

But after driving off awhile, the D start to blink! And car like no power, still can drive. So i drove back workshop.

Technician recheck and saw this fault "P0705 Transmission Range Switch (Multiple Shift-Position Input)". They did the same step, disconnect the transmission range switch, spray and connect back. 

Went for a test drive with technician, everything looks ok. After returning to workshop, technician want to clear the error (?) and after that found out that while i change the gear to others, the D will blink. Sometimes will see the light jump to N and then D will blink.

But if i don't change from D to N or any other positions, everything normal while driving. But if i stop and change to N, intermittently the D will blink...

The workshop advice to change the Transmission Range Switch ($190!). Should I go ahead? Not sure if this workshop can be trusted or not :( intially go there don't have this issue one.

Supercharged

I know very little about automatic transmission, maybe other forumers will chip in

do you still have the intermittent starting problem now?

I know very little about automatic transmission, maybe other forumers will chip in

do you still have the intermittent starting problem now?

No more starting problem :(

Now the problem become "D" blinking, and when it blinks, the car like no power, but still can drive.

The "D" blinks only when I try to shift the gear from D to other positions and back, and not all the time can simulate the issue.

Twincharged

Checked engine oil and coolant, not the issue.

Went to a workshop, he used a reader and check, initially saw "P060A, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (A/T System) Internal Control Module Malfunction", then technician go disconnect, spray something and connect the PCM connector back. Re-test, looks ok,

But after driving off awhile, the D start to blink! And car like no power, still can drive. So i drove back workshop.

Technician recheck and saw this fault "P0705 Transmission Range Switch (Multiple Shift-Position Input)". They did the same step, disconnect the transmission range switch, spray and connect back. 

Went for a test drive with technician, everything looks ok. After returning to workshop, technician want to clear the error (?) and after that found out that while i change the gear to others, the D will blink. Sometimes will see the light jump to N and then D will blink.

But if i don't change from D to N or any other positions, everything normal while driving. But if i stop and change to N, intermittently the D will blink...

The workshop advice to change the Transmission Range Switch ($190!). Should I go ahead? Not sure if this workshop can be trusted or not :( intially go there don't have this issue one.

send to kah motor. i doubt will be much more expensive at least you know that they have warranty on parts.

send to kah motor. i doubt will be much more expensive at least you know that they have warranty on parts.

Ok thanks, but the earliest Kah motor appointment is Friday and i don't know if its still safe to drive until then..

Ok thanks, but the earliest Kah motor appointment is Friday and i don't know if its still safe to drive until then..

bro $190 just go ahead la. you go in KAH motor will not be this price already. My advise let your workshop do. 

Edited by StreamRSZ

I’d say check the transmission fluid and/or the gear linkage first before going about replacing parts.

Dirty or Low fluid level can throw that P0705 code. Loose or wearing out linkage may cause intermittent shift error.

The ATF oil pressure switch is a common problem that Honda cars have, The switch wear and tear causing D blinking light. Not only happens in Jazz, it happens in stream, civics, accord etc.

↡ Advertisement