Advise please - accident on my parked vehicle

Emitchan

Hi,

My parked car was involved in a hit&run accident and was captured by my dashboard cam, therefore I  have submitted to the TP for investigation and left my car unrepaired. I have received the closure of the investigation from the TP with a letter stating the vehicle was charged. I went on to call my insurer and asked whether can i proceed with the repair of the car damages, their answer is you cant UNLESS the other party makes a report to his insurer first, and even if the 3rd party makes a report to his insurer now his insurer may not be paying for the damages because its more than 24 hours - it will depends on the insurer T&Cs, to share its more than 2 months.

So my question is - If the 3rd party decides not to make a report, can i still claim?

Secondly, if he makes a report to his insurer and his insurer does not want to be involve, does it means it will be a lawsuit?

Thirdly, it is a commercial van that hit my car, with the license plate am i able to find out which company owns this van?

Troubled.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hi,

My parked car was involved in a hit&run accident and was captured by my dashboard cam, therefore I  have submitted to the TP for investigation and left my car unrepaired. I have received the closure of the investigation from the TP with a letter stating the vehicle was charged. I went on to call my insurer and asked whether can i proceed with the repair of the car damages, their answer is you cant UNLESS the other party makes a report to his insurer first, and even if the 3rd party makes a report to his insurer now his insurer may not be paying for the damages because its more than 24 hours - it will depends on the insurer T&Cs, to share its more than 2 months.

So my question is - If the 3rd party decides not to make a report, can i still claim?

Secondly, if he makes a report to his insurer and his insurer does not want to be involve, does it means it will be a lawsuit?

Thirdly, it is a commercial van that hit my car, with the license plate am i able to find out which company owns this van?

Troubled.

If you had intended to claim, you should have reported the incident to your insurer within 24 hours. More than 2 months, I think the insurer can don't help you with the claim. 

Edited by Nzy

Within 24 hours or nxt working day, you did not report to ur insurer so your insurer is using this thingy to like sort of delay ur claim?

no sir, i reported to my insurer within 24 mins attached with a police report becos hit and run. but its the other party who did not report and even with the completion of the police investigation, i am still unable to repair becos the other party still have not reported to his insurer.

does that means i am only providing the video for TP to charge the driver - and the driver can pay the summon and does not need to report to his own insurer and I will never get to repair my car claiming from him?

no sir, i reported to my insurer within 24 mins attached with a police report becos hit and run. but its the other party who did not report and even with the completion of the police investigation, i am still unable to repair becos the other party still have not reported to his insurer.

does that means i am only providing the video for TP to charge the driver - and the driver can pay the summon and does not need to report to his own insurer and I will never get to repair my car claiming from him?

Liddat easy for you liao.

Cos since TP concluded the otr party is guilty of hit and run. U need to engage a lawyer cos ur insurer wont help you. Lawyer will take ur case cos bao jiak de.

But is the damage very serious?

Also is the company still functioning?

Liddat easy for you liao.

Cos since TP concluded the otr party is guilty of hit and run. U need to engage a lawyer cos ur insurer wont help you. Lawyer will take ur case cos bao jiak de.

But is the damage very serious?

Also is the company still functioning?

i dont know whats the company, cant see from the small black box. car still can drive. video capture clear and bright on the vehicle that banged onto my parked car.

Edited by Emitchan

Try going to 3rd party claim WS since you're doing 3rd party claim with the Police investigation conclusion. Maybe 3rd party claim WS will take up the case as they'll sue and claim back from that company or the driver.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Troubled.

The 3rd party claim is done by the workshop, not by your insurer. 

It doesn't matter whether the other party made report to his insurer or not. He will be fully liable if he didn't make report.

His insurer cannot refuse to be involve unless the other driver is proven to be drink driving, driving without valid road tax or driving license etc.

My car was rear-ended by another car about 2 months ago. I was given 3 choices when making accident report

1) Claim own damage

2) Claim 3rd party.

3) Claim own damage with recovery

Option 1, no need to explain.

Option 2, workshop will file 3rd party claim to the other parties insurance. It will take about 2 weeks for the approval from the other side. Before that no repair can be done.

I choose option 3, 

I claimed my own insurance first and go ahead with the repair. I need to pay the excess to the workshop upfront first and my insurance company will cover the remaining cost of repair. They will then follow up with the other insurance company after the repair.

After repair, workshop will follow up to help me to claim the uninsured losses (excess paid upfront and loss of use while car in workshop etc) from the other insurance company. Was told that the third party recovery will take about 4 months to complete.

• Praise 2

The 3rd party claim is done by the workshop, not by your insurer. 

It doesn't matter whether the other party made report to his insurer or not. He will be fully liable if he didn't make report.

His insurer cannot refuse to be involve unless the other driver is proven to be drink driving, driving without valid road tax or driving license etc.

My car was rear-ended by another car about 2 months ago. I was given 3 choices when making accident report

1) Claim own damage

2) Claim 3rd party.

3) Claim own damage with recovery

Option 1, no need to explain.

Option 2, workshop will file 3rd party claim to the other parties insurance. It will take about 2 weeks for the approval from the other side. Before that no repair can be done.

I choose option 3, 

I claimed my own insurance first and go ahead with the repair. I need to pay the excess to the workshop upfront first and my insurance company will cover the remaining cost of repair. They will then follow up with the other insurance company after the repair.

After repair, workshop will follow up to help me to claim the uninsured losses (excess paid upfront and loss of use while car in workshop etc) from the other insurance company. Was told that the third party recovery will take about 4 months to complete.

Correction on the non-reporting of accident by the other party. Please refer to teh GIA website.

http://gia.org.sg/public%20type%20motor/non-reporting-of-accidents.html

Also the third party claim process.

http://gia.org.sg/public%20type%20motor/third-party-claims-process-procedures.html

Correction on the non-reporting of accident by the other party. Please refer to teh GIA website.

http://gia.org.sg/public%20type%20motor/non-reporting-of-accidents.html

Also the third party claim process.

http://gia.org.sg/public%20type%20motor/third-party-claims-process-procedures.html

Thank you Sx I think your post is the most informative.

I also thought about it, self-claim so that my insurer will try to claim back from 3rd party insurer so to recoup their loss. Is this the best option? Which means I have to upfront pay the excess first, but I already have the police letter and video to showcase the incident is entirely not my fault.

Another question, because the 3rd party did not make a report to his insurer, his insurer can now default him and not cover him at all? Does that means I cannot claim back too?

Thank you Sx I think your post is the most informative.

I also thought about it, self-claim so that my insurer will try to claim back from 3rd party insurer so to recoup their loss. Is this the best option? Which means I have to upfront pay the excess first, but I already have the police letter and video to showcase the incident is entirely not my fault.

Another question, because the 3rd party did not make a report to his insurer, his insurer can now default him and not cover him at all? Does that means I cannot claim back too?

You may want to check with your insurer what happen if you claim your own insurance first but the other party insurer repudiate liability due to non reporting of the accident.

Worst case, 

1) Your insurer might not be able to recover the repair cost resulted in claiming totally on your insurance.

2) Your NCD affected and renewal premium increase due to claim (will they waive due to not your fault?)

3) Your excess cannot get back.

i thought this is quite standard practice. you try to obtain particukars, otherwise proceed to make police report and send car to Vicom for inspeactiin. then claim from your insurance. another easier way is through your workshop.

not?

Hi all, I was stopped at traffic lights, then suddenly car hit us from the behind. After that police came, and reported the incident. Now I front bumper of my car was damage and rear part of my car is also damage. What should I do?  I have proton saga blm and third part insurance. The workshop guy told me about 5000 RM will be charge from us. 

Hi all, I was stopped at traffic lights, then suddenly car hit us from the behind. After that police came, and reported the incident. Now I front bumper of my car was damage and rear part of my car is also damage. What should I do?  I have proton saga blm and third part insurance. The workshop guy told me about 5000 RM will be charge from us. 

this is a singapore car forum, i dun think anyone is familiar with how insurance in msia works.

this is a singapore car forum, i dun think anyone is familiar with how insurance in msia works.

sell car lo...since de so cheap

now many ppl think MCF is MalaysiaCarForum leh..... [grin]  [grin]

we should have a CCB....China Car Bulletin for those ar tiong

@tianmo sure think dirty one....and cum here

sell car lo...since de so cheap

now many ppl think MCF is MalaysiaCarForum leh..... [grin]  [grin]

we should have a CCB....China Car Bulletin for those ar tiong

@tianmo sure think dirty one....and cum here

KNN....................since you want me cum................I sure must cum for you.................. [:p]  [laugh]

your CCB will be a WISH CUMS TRUE.............ah tiong become MOD.......... <_<  [laugh]

KNN....................since you want me cum................I sure must cum for you.................. [:p][laugh]

your CCB will be a WISH CUMS TRUE.............ah tiong become MOD.......... <_<[laugh]

Oh didn't know he's from there

↡ Advertisement