COE Bidding - 2nd Round of December 2016

wdldalian

The details of the December 2016 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens:        Monday, 19 December 2016, 12 noon

Tender closes:       Wednesday, 21 December 2016, 4.00 pm

Tender results:       Wednesday, 21 December 2016
(Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,089 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A : Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp))          1,844

Category B : Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp))        1,244 

Category D : Motorcycles                                                415      

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C : Goods Vehicles and Buses                            182

Category E : Open Category                                            404

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

my guess:

CAT A 47K

CAT B 48K

For CAT A, i am assuming  uber/grab and alike have secured sufficient car, they will still bid but not in huge qty  like before and  will be bidding less aggressively. Not surge in demand because while AD have cut price,  1k or 2k  is not  attractive enough to induce massive buying.  In view of the gloomy economy outlook, B&B car buyers will be more careful in committing large ticket items. 

For CAT B, demand has increased substantially but ADs have a limit to how much they would bid. They rather maximise profit.  Moreover , they will not try to secure all booking in one go, so price may not go above 50K .

But more importantly, COE in the longer run will likely  be on the small few k downward trend season to season. Baring no intervention from the government to relax loan or claw back COE for future use.   But I wont rule any of the two out in a couple of months time.  

• Praise 2

This coming Coe bidding will be quite interesting

If still drop few k then the nightmare for those who keeping saying miss the boat theory

If increase couple of k means the coe market is still stable

• Praise 2

my guess:

CAT A 47K

CAT B 48K

For CAT A, i am assuming  uber/grab and alike have secured sufficient car, they will still bid but not in huge qty  like before and  will be bidding less aggressively. Not surge in demand because while AD have cut price,  1k or 2k  is not  attractive enough to induce massive buying.  In view of the gloomy economy outlook, B&B car buyers will be more careful in committing large ticket items. 

For CAT B, demand has increased substantially but ADs have a limit to how much they would bid. They rather maximise profit.  Moreover , they will not try to secure all booking in one go, so price may not go above 50K .

But more importantly, COE in the longer run will likely  be on the small few k downward trend season to season. Baring no intervention from the government to relax loan or claw back COE for future use.   But I wont rule any of the two out in a couple of months time.  

MY GUESS

CAT A 50

CAT B 51

As for UBER/GRAB I think you are wrong, who knows if they have been bidding, maybe they go big time when COE is sufficiently low.

• Praise 2

this is fun. i want to believe some entry will happen but in general, both Cat will drop. further. lower mid $40k

Agree, this is fun and thanks Wdldalian for starting the fun thread again..

Your guess of mid 40k is my wish too but not my guess.

Edited by Ct3833

While very unlikely, I think CATB will drop lor.

Because hor, AD/PI not push sale lor despite the lower COE.  So it is like trying to collect bonus lor ...

Huat ah !!!

I guess either drop or remain around the same level as it is now.

• Praise 2

Agree, this is fun and thanks Wdldalian for starting the fun thread again..

Your guess of mid 40k is my wish too but not my guess.

I am not sure if you are also one of those waiting 'for the right time' to enter. If the COE for this round drops to $43k, do you think you will 'rush' in or wait? For me, I will wait and IF it falls below $40 in the next round, :a-confused: I am not sure about the rush liao. But anything around the low $30K, it will get some support I suppose. [:/] life goes on 

• Praise 2

I am not sure if you are also one of those waiting 'for the right time' to enter. If the COE for this round drops to $43k, do you think you will 'rush' in or wait? For me, I will wait and IF it falls below $40 in the next round, :a-confused: I am not sure about the rush liao. But anything around the low $30K, it will get some support I suppose. [:/] life goes on 

yes, 40k would be about time to go in. But I would think many would have gone in before 40k, so 40k might be difficult to come by though not impossible. before June i will have to take a plunge , so Mar or Apr would be my latest move.  I have another one due in Jan 2018, my plan is to renew COE  but i wont rule out refreshing it if COE continues to drop. One step at a time. 

• Praise 1

PA raised prices for both Cat A and Cat B cars today (unless my SE was smoking me). So I suspect there's enough demand to drive prices up this round but overall COE remains on a down trend. By mid-Feb I think prices will be hovering around 40k though there will be plenty of resistance at that level.

• Praise 2

Nissan pulsar launching in Q2 2017. Maybe by then Coe below 40k. Lol. Am I dreaming? Lol.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11822

PA raised prices for both Cat A and Cat B cars today (unless my SE was smoking me). So I suspect there's enough demand to drive prices up this round but overall COE remains on a down trend. By mid-Feb I think prices will be hovering around 40k though there will be plenty of resistance at that level.

• Praise 2

Usual cycle, COE dropped, AD slashed price, a lot more people buy and push COE up for a few rounds. Doubt it'll stay below $50K for both Cat. If they does this round also means price slashed not working and new low of $40K COE coming very soon in 1st quarter instead of 2nd quarter of 2017.

• Praise 2

Usual cycle, COE dropped, AD slashed price, a lot more people buy and push COE up for a few rounds. Doubt it'll stay below $50K for both Cat. If they does this round also means price slashed not working and new low of $40K COE coming very soon in 1st quarter instead of 2nd quarter of 2017.

Not possible to rise back above 50k. Especially when the quota of coe is going to rise in the next quarter with lesser renewals.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1