Anyone try Cathay Pacific before?

abby1234

Agreed, cathay flights seems to have high chance of delays. Also dont know why le? Few years back i encountered flight delayed from sg to hk for almost a day! Still think SQ the best lo.

If u r not in rush for meeting then take Cathay, saves alot from takig SQ.

I take SQ just because i wanna support SQ haha

• Praise 1

For our Bangkok trips in recent years, we have always flown budget airlines, including Scoot and Thai AirAsia.  

The last time I flew on Cathay was to HK, but that was more than 5 years ago.  

Very good better than budget air for such price

Take the biz class to bkk only 500 plus

LoL.  Some people will say, since the flight is so short, why take Business Class? :)

You seem to have a penchant for biz class travel.  Why not start a thread on this topic?

I'm trying to figure out a few things, including how to make best use of my miles. 

LoL.  Some people will say, since the flight is so short, why take Business Class? :)

You seem to have a penchant for biz class travel.  Why not start a thread on this topic?

I'm trying to figure out a few things, including how to make best use of my miles. 

Business class pleasure is not only while on board... check in with the privileges and priority at the lounge and boarding so a 2.5 hrs flight is not really a short flight  [:p]

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 1

Business class pleasure is not only while on board... check in with the privileges and priority at the lounge and boarding so a 2.5 hrs flight is not really a short flight  [:p]

Yes, I don't disagree with you bro.  Hence my suggestion to start a thread to talk about this.   [;)]

I was on CX to HK and back last week. Going there on afternoon flight was good. Boeing 777, and a decent (not excellent) meal. Seat could slide forward a lot and recline was comfortable.

Coming back on the 2am flight was terrible. Was an old Airbus whose seats could only slide forward an inch in egg-shell, served a cold bun meal. 

The only consolation was departed both ways on time, and the fare was cheap.  

• Praise 1

I booked ticket to BKK the week after CNY. $213 all in by Thai Airways.

My colleague just fly there earlier this month by Thai air.

He said Thai air already using new A350 plane for the route.

My colleague just fly there earlier this month by Thai air.

He said Thai air already using new A350 plane for the route.

No leh. I saw the booking it's a A330 but actually I don't care la. Just get me there on time and decent pricing can liao.

Maybe depend on the timing of flight too.

I book 2 weeks ago.

No leh. I saw the booking it's a A330 but actually I don't care la. Just get me there on time and decent pricing can liao.

Maybe depend on the timing of flight too.

I book 2 weeks ago.

Maybe different flight.

Haven't flew Thai in recent years but i suppose service should be better than Cathay

The problem with Thai air is on a few occasions at suvarnabhumi airport they always alight the passengers on the Tarmac and have to take the shuttle bus to the terminal.

Never encounter that even on budget...weird.

• Praise 1

Business class pleasure is not only while on board... check in with the privileges and priority at the lounge and boarding so a 2.5 hrs flight is not really a short flight [:p]

Whatever you do, don't try BUSINESS or even First class. You will regret it as you unconsciously get accustom to the service level, it will be hard to get back to cattle class.

I personally feel premium economy is not worth the premium price since you are already in economy class. Just enriching the airline.

My personal take anything longer than 4 hours, business class worth it. Anything shorter than 4 hours economy class.

Cathay Pacific got promotion every Tuesday through the internet. So can get real good deals.

For me I use my travel agent who source tickets for me. Sometimes a business class ticket can be cheaper than an economy ticket with open dates. Some people get cheated thinking that budget Airlines are always cheaper. You will be surprise that at least my experience can be more expensive than regular tickets when buying close to your departure date.

In established Airlines such as CX SQ service levels are all about the same nowadays. Any unpleasant experience is often one off just wrong place and wrong time. The variable we can't control is the next door Passenger be it a crying baby or an alcoholic.

No Airlines like delays because for that Flight it cost more for them to fly. Gate fees and disruption to transfer. So if delay is more likely to occur with budget Airlines where they sometimes want to maximize seats.

If you have the money then no worries but if you are money conscious then you have to do legwork to find the best value tickets. Like everything in life nothing is free and good things usually happen after hard work.

• Praise 5

hahaha ... sibei good point [thumbsup]

Whatever you do, don't try BUSINESS or even First class. You will regret it as you unconsciously get accustom to the service level, it will be hard to get back to cattle class.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

I personally feel premium economy is not worth the premium price since you are already in economy class. Just enriching the airline.

My personal take anything longer than 4 hours, business class worth it. Anything shorter than 4 hours economy class.

Cathay Pacific got promotion every Tuesday through the internet. So can get real good deals.

For me I use my travel agent who source tickets for me. Sometimes a business class ticket can be cheaper than an economy ticket with open dates. Some people get cheated thinking that budget Airlines are always cheaper. You will be surprise that at least my experience can be more expensive than regular tickets when buying close to your departure date.

In established Airlines such as CX SQ service levels are all about the same nowadays. Any unpleasant experience is often one off just wrong place and wrong time. The variable we can't control is the next door Passenger be it a crying baby or an alcoholic.

No Airlines like delays because for that Flight it cost more for them to fly. Gate fees and disruption to transfer. So if delay is more likely to occur with budget Airlines where they sometimes want to maximize seats.

If you have the money then no worries but if you are money conscious then you have to do legwork to find the best value tickets. Like everything in life nothing is free and good things usually happen after hard work.

Haha, agree that it's hard to get back to cattle class once you've 'tasted' biz :))

And yeah there are good deals for biz class if you search hard enough.

Budget airlines? Don't be fooled by the Low basic fee:- once you add all the charges and meals and blankets etc it's actually the same as full-fare airline. So buy early if you can.

Edited by Old-driver

if buy budget airline ... must go all the way

1. hand luggage ... no need to pay for check in

2. no meal ... 2.5 hours trip no makan

3. bring empty bottle ... during embarkation can fill up water

4. can bring in potato chips too

5. watch movie from ipad or listen music from iphone

6. go for cheapest fare and early fly time [thumbsup]

maximize the maximization ... lol

with this in mind ... every 3 months can fly asia countries no prob including down under perth

flyscoot to perth ... 5 hrs ... every 2 months can fly down [thumbsup] ...

the duration is shorter to drive to kl with 2 hours jam in custom

get a small apartment and laopok porky for vacation home ... [sly]

Budget airlines? Don't be fooled by the Low basic fee:- once you add all the charges and meals and blankets etc it's actually the same as full-fare airline. So buy early if you can.

Edited by Wt_know

Haha, agree that it's hard to get back to cattle class once you've 'tasted' biz :))

And yeah there are good deals for biz class if you search hard enough.

I only fly budget unless the location full fare airline don't fly, like last year I fly to Krabi.

With all the luggage, seat selection, meals added, budget airline no more budget already. Worst case if fly is cancel, may have to sleep in the airport. At least for SQ , can very sure they will transfer you to a good quality hotel.

That's why even for BKK short trip, I always told my wife even there is some slight total saving on budget airline, I will not fly.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1