Anyone try Cathay Pacific before?

abby1234

Hypersonic

CX service not too bad la

took CX cos of air fare cheap to hkg (when booked last min)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

At least they are better than Qantas.

I never forget the day when I took the nite flight to Australia, the ang mo steward actually asked me to take the plain water from the water dispenser behind myself when I asked for water the second time. 

I still remember what he said.  He held my cup and finger pointing behind - you take this cup and take the water from there if you still need water.

That was 20 years ago and I have not  been flying with them since.  What a bad service!

• Praise 2

Don't fly Cathay Economy Class, they treat you like dirt.

i flew CX last month to HK, and than use Dragon air for transfer to some China city,

I would say the service is not bad. and the price is certainly cheaper than SQ. 

• Praise 2

I took CX last month.  Ok leh. 

However, there's no toys or stuff given to children on broad and they don't have Seafood meal in the special meal.  

Yes, some things CX does not have compared to SQ

- toys

- wet towel

- meal menu

To me, not really critical. Airfare cheap more important.

Btw, CX now having promo for SIN-BKK, $158, 2 to go.

• Praise 2

- toys

- wet towel

- meal menu

Me too.  $ is the big factor.

Ya, my BKK trip via CX last month was S$167.30 per pax.                                        

• Praise 1

Details leh.

My wife uses a vacuum cleaner to suck up dirt,

I was thinking how bad can dirt be treated?

:D

Supersonic

Are you saying that they sucked him when he was on board?

Me too.  $ is the big factor.

Ya, my BKK trip via CX last month was S$167.30 per pax.                                        

Sounds like a good deal. 

I think CX is using the new A350s for SIN-BKK route too.

Are you saying that they sucked him when he was on board?

Only the person that complained can tell you that.

You mean that CX was dusty?

If you mean that, I have to agree.  The cleanliness is not there.  I saw my chair got breadcrumb and a string of noodle on the floor.  Thus I think the flight which I was taking was a turnaround flight.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

You mean that CX was dusty?

If you mean that, I have to agree.  The cleanliness is not there.  I saw my chair got breadcrumb and a string of noodle on the floor.  Thus I think the flight which I was taking was a turnaround flight.

Normal lor. 

I was on Emirates and and there was some leftover nut beside my seat. And the flight had no Wifi despite them advertising that their flights are all Wifi ready. Reason is because it is a new plane and they had yet to install the antenna.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 2

Normal lor. 

I was on Emirates and and there was some leftover nut beside my seat. And the flight had no Wifi despite them advertising that their flights are all Wifi ready. Reason is because it is a new plane and they had yet to install the antenna.

wifi on plane sounds scary, can people hack the system and hijack the plane?   [sweatdrop]

• Dislike 1

wifi on plane sounds scary, can people hack the system and hijack the plane?   [sweatdrop]

Unlikely, Wifi and plane controls are 2 seperate systems. But hacker may be able to create malware or virus and send to those logged into the wifi network.

- toys

- wet towel

- meal menu

I remember taking CX donkey years ago as a kid. Should've been early 80s. That time I think they had toys, colouring book etc. I think I even had an awesome model plane.
  • Praise 1

taking cathay to transit to hangzhou..... hope all goes well... if this time also delay i sure swear off cathay liao

ok really 8 zhi bu he..... received sms that flight delay 1hr..... worse than when i take budget.... 

I remember taking CX donkey years ago as a kid. Should've been early 80s. That time I think they had toys, colouring book etc. I think I even had an awesome model plane.

Guess nowadays kids all have their electronic devices to play with and also the plane's entertainment system to fiddle with. So I guess they decided to drop the crayons and colouring books. 

At least they are better than Qantas.

I never forget the day when I took the nite flight to Australia, the ang mo steward actually asked me to take the plain water from the water dispenser behind myself when I asked for water the second time. 

I still remember what he said.  He held my cup and finger pointing behind - you take this cup and take the water from there if you still need water.

That was 20 years ago and I have not  been flying with them since.  What a bad service!

recently i took our national carrier and request for a cup of drinking water via service button calls and also verbally to a female crew member. was ignored like as if i owe the them a living.

make me super pissed off.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1