Nike will not be supplying to mom-and-pop stores

Jman888

I have not bought NIKE stuff for many years.

Running shoes only ASICS

badminton shoes Mizuno

somehow feel that NIKE shoes feels very cheap and low quality

I also wear Asics for running, but price also getting more and more ex.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For me is:

pre1995.jpg

:XD: :xd: :XD:

Yeah...... Still remember the saying. Can run means can run, dun blame it on the shoe. Can swim means can swim, dun blame it on the swimming trunk.
  • Praise 1

another issue with retailers selling multiple competitive brands is they go by the promotion incentive, just like Best Denki or HN, they will push brand that offer them higher incentive during a promotion. So for brands that dun provide such incentive will be left aside.

PI got real, AA stock, or fake [laugh][laugh]

I got a pair of Mike shoes.

Seriously, my pair of charpalang brand shoes from qoo10, $18 thia, already worn almost 2 years liao. Happy like bird.[laugh]

I go Queensway for Janggut Laksa.. damn shiok..as for shoes.. always kena Robert there..but also think Nike bully also la.. sianz now I suddenly have craving for laksa..see la

I also like the laksa there. 

Pls la, shoes to last max 6 mths!

After that the support lao Hong nia! When I buy online I get the end season models and are 50% off so have never bought from sg.

No affect me at all here as I import my stuff direct fr usa

U must be damn fat.

Mine nvr lao hong le

talking about Nike, did anyone realised that for the same model there are two manufacturing sites: Vietnam and China.

SG shoes are typically MIC, While Japan / Taiwan ones are MIV.

most of their clothes are made in malaysia.

Running shoes only ASICS

badminton shoes Mizuno

my pair of diadora badminton shoes still in wearable condition .... after almost 20 years !! (although i dun wear them ... still in my shoe bag)

On the contrary with their own store maybe the markup not so high and they are seeking increase in sale volume.Look at Bata and i not think their price is too high.

Running shoes only ASICS

badminton shoes Mizuno

You are right, Nike shoes generally have lower quality and comfort and do not last very long from my experience. They are able to charge a more premium price due to branding and the whole exclusivity thing for certain models like Air Jordans.

I would say Under Armour products way surpass Nike's in terms of performance and fit. 

You are right, Nike shoes generally have lower quality and comfort and do not last very long from my experience. They are able to charge a more premium price due to branding and the whole exclusivity thing for certain models like Air Jordans.

I would say Under Armour products way surpass Nike's in terms of performance and fit.

i also never own any Nike or Adidas. They pay top $$ to get sports celebrities to endorse the brand. The quality will have to be compromised to come to that sub $200 price.

UA not cheap also but the cost goes into quality.

• Praise 2

I got a pair of Mike shoes.

Seriously, my pair of charpalang brand shoes from qoo10, $18 thia, already worn almost 2 years liao. Happy like bird.[laugh]

Didnt know micheal kors sells running shoes!

Ever since I began the habit of repairing my running shoes to extend their life, I find those original running shoes from Nike, NB, Mizuno or whatever uses lousy glue.. And to save cost, the spread of glue are usually dotted instead of spreading out like jam on to the bread, like the cobbler does it.

Won't be surprise that AA stock may be superior in quality.

they are not meant to last, more like fashion that you have to change every season [laugh]

they are not meant to last, more like fashion that you have to change every season [laugh]

That is what the companies wants. So can sucker in the latest trend setter. I remember I first bought the mizuno wave rider 9 or 10 more than 5 years back. Last I saw in the shop, the model is already at 19 generation. That is to say they are releasing a new gen less than a year. Roughly 6 months.

Old uncle like me who runs alot cannot afford to change every few month. In fact I have to stretched those off season shoes that have their glue lao hong to run the extra mileage. Stretch to 1000km, before I give them up.

Nike's revenue, profit beat estimates

REUTERS: Nike Inc, the world's No. 1 footwear maker, reported better-than-expected quarterly revenue and profit, fueled by higher demand across markets such as Western Europe and Greater China and lower costs.

Sales in North America, its biggest market, rose 3 percent to US$3.65 billion in the second quarter ended Nov. 30.

Nike has been facing intensifying competition from rivals such as Under Armour Inc and Adidas AG in North America.

A resurgent Adidas has been chipping away at Nike's dominant position through its popular Yeezy collection designed by rapper Kanye West and its retro sneakers such as the Stan Smith line.

The company's basketball category has come under pressure from Under Armour's NBA-star Stephen Curry's signature shoe line.

Nike's sales in Greater China rose 12 percent to US$1.06 billion in the latest quarter. Excluding the impact of currency changes, sales in the region jumped 17 percent.

However, gross margins contracted 140 basis points to 44.2 percent, due to increased product costs, a strong dollar and higher off-price sales.

Nike's net income rose to US$842 million, or 50 cents per share, in the three months ended Nov. 30, from US$785 million, or 45 cents per share, a year earlier.

Analysts on average had expected earnings of 43 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Analysts' average profit estimate had dropped from 52 cents per share in September, according to Thomson Reuters data.

Selling and administrative expenses fell 2 percent to US$2.51 billion.

In a break with tradition, Nike said in September it would stop issuing a forecast for its worldwide futures orders, a key indicator of demand, in the earnings release, and would give it during the earnings call.

Revenue rose 6.4 percent to US$8.18 billion, beating analysts' average estimate of US$8.09 billion.

The company's shares were up 1.7 percent at US$52.67 in after-market trading on Tuesday. The stock is the worst performing Dow Jones component this year with a 17 percent drop.

(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bengaluru; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)

- Reuters

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/nike-s-quarterly-revenue-profit-beat-estimates/3383244.html

• Praise 2

but honestly how many people still go to Queensway to buy sport shoes?

i would.

I bought my nike free 5.0 from them, that's quite a while back.

i also never own any Nike or Adidas. They pay top $$ to get sports celebrities to endorse the brand. The quality will have to be compromised to come to that sub $200 price.

UA not cheap also but the cost goes into quality.

why u guys say that?

Lol u know how much UA markets in USA? They been paying top dollar, so some sports celebrities have switched.

why u guys say that?

Lol u know how much UA markets in USA? They been paying top dollar, so some sports celebrities have switched.

oh then they will end up the same   [laugh]  [laugh]

It is the cheapo glue that oxidise and lao hong... The EVA material can actually last a few years before it starts to disintegrate. But online cheap, then just buy every time of sales

I glued my kid's shoe that day. But one drop off again zzz.

• Praise 1

not when you still have e mart credit!! [sly]

don't talk about emart credits lah.

This stupid ass frontier boots, the soles all disintegrating. I've used up my future credits cos they only allow exchange if your boots are 2 years old.

I bought in 2013, now 2016 ICT the sole dropped off.

Each time change is 70+ credits

↡ Advertisement