Nike will not be supplying to mom-and-pop stores

Jman888

the wide ones usually have  an "E"  beside the size....i think there are even wider than "E" sometimes.

those with flat foot tends to need wider forefoot width

Amazon shoe size has a normal and sometimes a wide.

I suppose that's to fit some people feet that is a little wider.

thanks for the headsup! I only seriously start research/shopping when my shoes start to feel worn.

Kayano 23 is out at the boutiques already. I am using a 21. My first pair of Kayano. 

I used Nike Air Pegasus for a long time, from like 11 or 12 until 29. Gave up on Nike after that cos for Pegasus 28 and 29, quality not good (glue giving way) and support lacking (like one layer of foam or rubber taken out to cut cost).

Am also trying out a pair of New Balance 1040.

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement

Amazon shoe size has a normal and sometimes a wide.

I suppose that's to fit some people feet that is a little wider.

Ya, in Singapore we just use length for sizing. I just look for size 11. But in amazon, ontop of length, they have width size , like 2E.
  • Praise 1

the wider ones are 4E. its usually stated on the box. 

noticed New Balance seems to have more 4E variants available compared to Asics and Nike.

Edited by Blueray

a tip, especially for "serious" sports shoes (and not fashion wear).....once you tried and bought locally for the best fitting model and sizing, just stick to the same brand/model and just buy them online using the same sizing information for that same model.

"Serious" shoemakers like Asics/Mizuno/new balance etc tends to have a few lines of shoes that cater for different sports and feet type. They usually just upgrade the same line via yearly releases. Just get one that is from the same line (even newer generation) and you will not go very far wrong.

Eg. for me, for running, I have settled down for Asics Kayano.... so far I have used Kayano 15...then 17...currently am using 19 and will be going for the 21 soon (latest 22)

p.s. I don't consider Nike as "serious" sports shoes maker.

Kayano is like Asic top end. new model almost close to $300, unless get past season. Their pricing is one reason why I never owned a Asic for my years of running.

Nike is more famous for been being sport fashion, but they do have some gems in running shoes. I had the lunarglide once and it was one of the first few lightweight low profile shoes in the market then. Wouldn't mind owning one again if they have it again and cheap.

Edited by Ender

I always have to ask for the largest size they have rather than looking for design of the shoe. Seldom those boutique shops will bring in my size of shoes. Always need to go to those small shops in Peninsula and maybe warehouse sale. Even Mustafa also no have. Looking for size US14, UK13, Eur 48 size here. [grin]

Buying online for my shoes has been a hit and miss.

• Praise 1

no lah, don't get from the official Asics store.

Even getting from Queensway (despite the cartel-like pricing there) is about $200 there abouts for the latest season.

Gel-Kinsei is their top end model... that kind of pricing I also take a step backwards to reassess if I need that kind of support....lucky thing is Kayano serves me fine for my mild flat foot and over pronation.

Kayano is like Asic top end. new model almost close to $300, unless get past season. Their pricing is one reason why I never owned a Asic for my years of running.
Nike is more famous for been being sport fashion, but they do have some gems in running shoes. I had the lunarglide once and it was one of the first few lightweight low profile shoes in the market then. Wouldn't mind owning one again if they have it again and cheap.

• Praise 1

Get past season lor.... I always get past season from Amazon (get last year's season, not 2-3 years ago).

Checking back my past purchase prices (those that I can find).

2011- Kayano 17 - USD 62. Think there was no free shipping for this at that time so I had to pay another 15 bucks or so to get it over to SG.

2014 - Kayano 19 - USD 73. All in price with free shipping to SG.

• Praise 2

With brand authorised distributor not supporting the local retailers, many will have to close shop. We will probably see more big brands follow this trend.  On the other hand, they may want to stop the pirated goods, that mean only real stuff are sold in their own stores.

Better to light a candle than complain about the dark.

Shops can just order online and sell in their shops.

Might even be cheaper.

:D

• Praise 2

a tip, especially for "serious" sports shoes (and not fashion wear).....once you tried and bought locally for the best fitting model and sizing, just stick to the same brand/model and just buy them online using the same sizing information for that same model.

"Serious" shoemakers like Asics/Mizuno/new balance etc tends to have a few lines of shoes that cater for different sports and feet type. They usually just upgrade the same line via yearly releases. Just get one that is from the same line (even newer generation) and you will not go very far wrong.

Eg. for me, for running, I have settled down for Asics Kayano.... so far I have used Kayano 15...then 17...currently am using 19 and will be going for the 21 soon (latest 22)

p.s. I don't consider Nike as "serious" sports shoes maker.

The cushion of asics is definitely better, I have two different designs, I don't really like one of them but the other one is still ok ok

Nike fits well but the cushion is not as good

Maybe I will go try other designs :D

• Praise 1

the wider ones are 4E. its usually stated on the box. 

noticed New Balance seems to have more 4E variants available compared to Asics and Nike.

Emart used to carry the NB 4E variants.

don't see them now a days.

• Praise 1

Yeah have been buying Nike for a long time

I love their light weighted range

For sports shoes I try not to buy too old one as their glues won't stick after a while

I prefer the cotton type of socks cos the feel is more snug. But they are harder to come by.

So now using the thinner dri-fit type which lets you "feel" more of the shoe.

Perhaps that is what you are experiencing too.

Cannot wear too thick coz will be very hot, thin ones are better :)
  • Praise 1

Please don't pichar lobang..... :ph34r:

Boots/running shoes chui = sit out exercise/training/outfield buah long long.... :grin:

more powerful than geng Attend C.... :D

HarleyBoots006.jpg

wah....Harleys! My Harleys after nearly 20 yrs still usable accept when the sole came off....this wan koyak wan!

I used Nike Air Pegasus for a long time, from like 11 or 12 until 29. Gave up on Nike after that cos for Pegasus 28 and 29, quality not good (glue giving way) and support lacking (like one layer of foam or rubber taken out to cut cost).

Yo buddy, I have the Nike Vomero 11. Trust me, you wouldn't want the Pegasus after running on the Vomeros.

I only buy Free Runs and Vomeros, nothing in between.

• Praise 1

Cannot wear too thick coz will be very hot, thin ones are better :)

Thick socks have cushy feel and also helps to pad the feet a bit from impact during runs.

Thin socks seems to be the in thing nowadays though.

You mean you can really tell your feet is hot one meh ?  [:p]

Thick socks have cushy feel and also helps to pad the feet a bit from impact during runs.

Thin socks seems to be the in thing nowadays though.

You mean you can really tell your feet is hot one meh ?  [:p]

for one thing... it will sweat more and stink more.. [crazy]

also runner's foot if you dun keep dry.

my feet gets itchy when it get sweaty and hot.

I hate those non-cotton socks when I wear boots. cannot absorb sweat and feels like sand paper to the skin.

for one thing... it will sweat more and stink more.. [crazy]

also runner's foot if you dun keep dry.

my feet gets itchy when it get sweaty and hot.

I hate those non-cotton socks when I wear boots. cannot absorb sweat and feels like sand paper to the skin.

yeah, that's why I prefer to jog around home.

finish jog, warm down, shower.

grabbed the pic off the internet :D 

...but my safety boots (RSN issued) have the rubber soles disintegrate like this the day before my ICT.....heng I test wore them. Of course kenna left right centre by home CO for messing up the doorway floor... :we-all-gonna-die:

wah....Harleys! My Harleys after nearly 20 yrs still usable accept when the sole came off....this wan koyak wan!

↡ Advertisement