Financial assistance for tertiary school fee

Yeobt

i hope somebody can share his experience with me on this.

i wanted to enrol my son to NAFA school for his diploma next year. I know we can use our ordinary acct for our child's education loan.

but my ordinary acct is drained and my monthly contribution goes to my housing loan. next chance is my special acct. so i wrote to

CPF board to see if i could use my special acct. replied from CPF below  :TT_TT:

815aebb1-2765-486e-8128-648ab8cb1aad_zps

so my question is, anyone tried seeing their MP and could get special arrangement? or heard of any successful story pertaining to this type of scenario?

my credit rating no as good, i think i cannot borrow from bank.  

thanks for reading.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

maybe you can approach CDAC for help......My son's poly fees was paid fully by one of these organisation. Paid 3/4 using my OA for the 1st semester but they change the amount 100% a few month later. Poly more ex than jc route!

I personally think it's very very unlikely that they will allow u to touch your SA. 

If u can touch your SA, either u have already saved the required amount and is >55, lying in a bed somewhere bedridden.

• Praise 1

you can forget about the cpf sa

even if they really allow this case which imho is impossible, the staff probably won't have any idea how to disburse the funds from the system and operational perspective

• Praise 2

i think there is next to no way to touch the SA..........once they asked if I wanted to transfer some savings from OA to SA because SA gave better interest rate...............and I had some extra savings sitting in the OA..............but they told me that OA transfer to SA cannot revert back one.................SA transfer to OA have to pay back with the different in interest..............and I think SA to OA only can be done for the purpose of paying for HDB installment........... [:)]

• Praise 1

maybe you can approach CDAC for help......My son's poly fees was paid fully by one of these organisation. Paid 3/4 using my OA for the 1st semester but they change the amount 100% a few month later. Poly more ex than jc route!

They say,"It's tertiary level."

I remember other than school fees more than JC peers, bus stamp also much more expensive.

• Praise 1

What is not widely known, is if your child is Singaporean, he would likely have some money in this educational account call PSEA (POst secondary School Account). This can be use to fund alot of instution school fees.

If your son has completed NS, he will also be given an additional $3000 into this account courtesy of MINDEF.

My colleague's son was surprise that he has almost $8000 (including the $3000 from mindef) in this account, when he paid for his NUS school fees. 

Sadly this account is not widely known, and the administrative staff at the institution do not volunteer this information. So some student ended up using their parents CPF. 

Read more about it,

https://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/post-secondary-education-account

The approved institutions, almost all gahment school. NAFA is on the list.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/post-secondary-education-account/usage

And the useful FAQ,

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/MOE/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx#TOPIC_5313

MINDEF say one, will give $3000 to PSEA upon completing NS

https://www.mindef.gov.sg/nsra#.WFvi0vp_cuU

Anyway if the PSEA account is left unused, it will eventually end up in your's child CPF.. In a way it's your child paying for his education.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 25

They say,"It's tertiary level."

I remember other than school fees more than JC peers, bus stamp also much more expensive.

Can approach CDAC...see what they can help. I am sure the Chinese community donates their monthly pay towards this account. I pay to Mendaki every month...not much...but they took care of my son's Poly fees that runs into thousands of dollars a year. No harm checking on this if they can help out.

i hope somebody can share his experience with me on this.

i wanted to enrol my son to NAFA school for his diploma next year. I know we can use our ordinary acct for our child's education loan.

but my ordinary acct is drained and my monthly contribution goes to my housing loan. next chance is my special acct. so i wrote to

CPF board to see if i could use my special acct. replied from CPF below :TT_TT:

815aebb1-2765-486e-8128-648ab8cb1aad_zps

so my question is, anyone tried seeing their MP and could get special arrangement? or heard of any successful story pertaining to this type of scenario?

my credit rating no as good, i think i cannot borrow from bank.

thanks for reading.

Does your child has any working sibling?

My eldest sibling use the OA to pay for my poly school fees when my dad biz failed.

I also took up tuition for 3years to earn my monthly allowance while studying.

• Praise 2

my only child, no other sibling.

don't know if can use my sister's (his aunt)  OA or not?

anyway, i just wrote to CDAC, see what they could help. :mellow: 

see MP for permission to use SA also cannot jalan? what can MP help?  [crazy]

don't know if can use my sister's (his aunt)  OA or not?

see MP for permission to use SA also cannot jalan? what can MP help?  [crazy]

Hope your son will get the support from CDAC.......my wife did all the leg works when we were applying from Mendaki. Need to be persistant as we had been contributing to Mendaki since their inception.....my wife was asked to join Sinda but she refused saying she is not Indian but Pakistani........but i always tells her they are the same. All the best bro!

• Praise 3

Hope your son will get the support from CDAC.......my wife did all the leg works when we were applying from Mendaki. Need to be persistant as we had been contributing to Mendaki since their inception.....my wife was asked to join Sinda but she refused saying she is not Indian but Pakistani........but i always tells her they are the same. All the best bro!

Same? Used to have colleagues...I bet they wish they could do this whenever they see each other and not miss...

Sorry to the TS for the OT. Hope you manage to resolve your concern ASAP.

post-163127-0-09361000-1482422314.jpg

post-163127-0-54164000-1482422342.jpeg

Edited by mersaylee
  • Praise 1

don't know if can use my sister's (his aunt) OA or not?

see MP for permission to use SA also cannot jalan? what can MP help? [crazy]

every school usually have financial assistance for students who can't afford to pay course fee. Talk the school before seeking other assistance.
  • Praise 1

Same? Used to have colleagues...I bet they wish they could do this whenever they see each other and not miss...

Sorry to the TS for the OT. Hope you manage to resolve your concern ASAP.

same lar...until Brits divided them across religious line to separate the hardliners from each side. Bangladesh was also part of pakistan until the civil war because the Pakistani see themselves as atas than the bangladeshi!

try to apply for scholarship or bursary.

CDAC will only help if you meet the requirement and qualified as their beneficiaries.

How come it is very difficult to get assistance from CDAC......i was ready to stop my contribution to Mendaki should my application fails. But the leg works and the taichi episode that followed was really cmi. It seems they really want to make it hard to get the help needed...must be very persistant.

How come it is very difficult to get assistance from CDAC......i was ready to stop my contribution to Mendaki should my application fails. But the leg works and the taichi episode that followed was really cmi. It seems they really want to make it hard to get the help needed...must be very persistant.

Not sure about poly, but for local uni fee, we could take tuition loans from banks. I believe poly also can since they are considered tertiary education.

The thing is the loan need guarantor, and I believe you don't qualified as 1. Maybe you can look for someone who can qualified as guarantor to help.

• Praise 1

Not that they want to make it difficult, in fact the family income cap has increase to $3300 to qualify as beneficiaries.

also the financial assistance does not include tertiary education in cdac. i think due to the age and nature of the course.

A person could be 40 yrs old to enroll in a diploma or degree course. As an adult there are options to look for assistance or even work as part time to support themselves.

↡ Advertisement