New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

Yes, I was given a courtesy car. Sorry I overlooked to mention this in my earlier post. But, car given me was a gas guzzler n noisy. Any way, better than without one. Thks for your concern. Regards.

Because I actually quite like Niro,

Looking for hybrid cars...All saloon, Only Niro is SUV...

After this saga, would you still recommend your friends Niro ...

I Plan to drop by showroom later ...will highlight y case...

Keep us posted on the progress

Apply pressure for remedy

To see their reaction

↡ Advertisement

I Plan to drop by showroom later ...will highlight y case...

To see their reaction

Looking for hybrid cars...All saloon, Only Niro is SUV. I was happy with the Niro before the problems surfaced. But I am lucky to have puchased the car through the sales person who has been following up on the problem and updating me on the progress.

Don really see Niro...Any idea how many Niro on the road liao? I also don't really see many on the roads, unlike their Forte or the Honda Vezel. Maybe cos of the pricing, very low PARF at 10 th year, or hybrid system many may not have knowledge or reliability and confidence in such new drive systems.

Apply pressure for remedy Will definitely take up this issue seriously if problem persists after this repair. Am sure KIA, C&C as well as KIA-Korea will not want such issues to affect their reputation for reliabilty.

I will update you mbrs on status of this case.

Went to showroom just now.,it was quite pack ...

Niro is nice ... but not proven, lack of track record ...

Se said ~few hundred on the road

I Plan to drop by showroom later ...will highlight y case...Apply pressure for remedy

To see their reaction

• Praise 2

Went to showroom just now.,it was quite pack ...

Niro is nice ... but not proven, lack of track record ...

Se said ~few hundred on the road

Edited by Jameshong

Possible. Fyi, there are close to 600 members in the Kia Niro Club SG's facebook now.

Ioniq look nice and sporty but the rear headroom is the one defer me away..

Are all actually owners of the Niro?

Are all actually owners of the Niro?

Think they are mostly owners. Maybe some potential buyers. So looking at 600 members now, i guess at least 50% and over are owners.

Se said ~few hundred on the road ð..

I guess your se exaggerated the volume nos to impress you.

But so far I have seen only one other niro during my daily travels around sgp.

A few hundred niros on the roads? I have seen more blue as well as yellow ioniq cabs though I think these two cos have not yet put hundreds on the roads for hire.

Ya, I think so, I noticed his hesitation...

His extrapolation: he claimed he sold ~20 units and there are ~20+ Se around ...therefore few hundred 。

His extrapolation: he claimed he sold ~20 units and there are ~20+ Se around ...therefore few hundred ãð¤¥

His extrapolation: he claimed he sold ~20 units and there are ~20+ Se around ...therefore few hundred ãð¤¥

Most join as to hear real life experience only...

My Guess 20~25% owner

I see more Ioniq than Niro on the road ...

I also notice more Ioniqs on the road...

hi all, any idea how heavy is the Niro stock alloy rim? Was thinking if it would be beneficial to change to those original Enkei 6.5Kg rims to lighten up.

My personal opinion/advice is not to change the stock rims as Kia-C&C may not honor warranty should any component of car develop a fault in the course of use, eg. brake/suspension/extreme high fuel consumption/etc though fault might not be attributed to change in the rims. Stay with the stock rims till expiry of warranty period. Further, stock rims come with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System which I have found to be very useful.

Also how much wt can be reduced with slightly lighter rims plus how much can be gained in terms of 

acceleration, road holding, fuel consumption, etc.? 

My 2 cts opinion.

This is brand new car ,

KIA should give you minimum a courtesy car!!!!

Pls let us know ...

service credit or fruit basket, definitely maybe. Courtesy car most likely no.

My one month old Niro already have problems and now the car has to be kept in KIA's workshop for one to two weeks (I was informed) pending delivery of the spare part from Korea.

First problem was with the rear brake disks uneven wear. This KIA replaced both rear brakes pads after second attempt to cure problem.

Second problem is more serious. After the first 1000 km express 1 hour service in the morning, I drove car home, no problem. But later in the afternoon when I drove car, the warning sign "Check Brakes" appeared in the cluster together with warning chimes. Called KIA to inform them of problem. Was told to bring the car to their workshop. Did so but from about 2 pm till almost 7 pm they had not pinpoint the problem. told me one of the electronic brake systems was suspect and that I had to leave the car in their workshop as too dangerous to drive it. They would order the suspect component from Korea.

Imagine my disappointment and frustrations. My 1 month old car having problems and I am concerned that I may have got a "lemon".

Any Niro owners having similar or other problems. Please share.

No hear anything from other Niro owner?

My personal opinion/advice is not to change the stock rims as Kia-C&C may not honor warranty should any component of car develop a fault in the course of use, eg. brake/suspension/extreme high fuel consumption/etc though fault might not be attributed to change in the rims. Stay with the stock rims till expiry of warranty period. Further, stock rims come with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System which I have found to be very useful.

Also how much wt can be reduced with slightly lighter rims plus how much can be gained in terms of 

acceleration, road holding, fuel consumption, etc.? 

My 2 cts opinion.

Thanks for the reply. I din know it comes with TPMS feature.

No hear anything from other Niro owner?ð³

Seems like isolated case ...or simply too few Niro owner around??ð³

Niro owners only active in facebook chat and so far no report of such issues.
↡ Advertisement