New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

Heard news from komoco that the latest they have to register their car is by 18 Dec . So I Guess that for CnC should be almost thereabout bah so can safely say that we will definitely get the car before year end for those who got their coe on the 2nd bid nov and first bid Dec .

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Heard news from komoco that the latest they have to register their car is by 18 Dec . So I Guess that for CnC should be almost thereabout bah so can safely say that we will definitely get the car before year end for those who got their coe on the 2nd bid nov and first bid Dec .

I assume you are referring to the ioniq? 

Probably the aircon compressor kicking in... you shouldn't be leaving the engine to idle with the aircon running lar...

So basically this isn't the compressor, but the petrol engine. When this happen , your number for l / 100km goes up very fast !! Not sure if it's accurate.

Couple of things I've learned. 

1. The big battery discharge overnight if it's above 50%.  

2. The big battery charge the small battery when you leave the car overnight. 

3. The petrol engine kicks in more frequently when you cold start in the morning. 

4. Using ODB2 reader, the small battery varies between 12 to 14V, when it falls close to 12V, the big battery will automatically recharge the small battery when you off the engine. (Typically between 13.x to 14)

5. If you leave something connected to cigerette lighter or leave the radio or aircon on when you switch off engine, sometimes small battery goes flat. (I have not been able to identify the exact conditions.) . Happen to me twice. 

Hi,

Just a quick update , have the car for 7 months. Fuel consumption on 18 inch tyres, between 18.5 to 20 km per litre.

Just completed 10,000km servicing. Complained of steering noise at low speed. the fault isolated to the steering rack assembly. Was

informed by sms that the parts have arrived and to make appointment for replacement. Generally happy with C & C servicing.

With the new VES the rebate has dropped to 10,000, mine was at 27,000+. Notice the new Niro has 2 versions now. I guess with the price

increase, the cheaper version will come with lesser accessories to make the price more palatable.

Anybody knows the difference between the 2 versions. The EX is priced at 120,999 and the SX is priced at 126,999.

Cheers

• Praise 2

Looks like even if I have nothing connected, I even disconnect the car camera provided by C&C, but the battery still went flat after 1 week to 1.5 weeks if I didn't drive. Of course, I can just press the button and recharge it but it's kind of annoying.. Anybody had the same problem ? 

Back wheel has a loud clicking noise (like something stuck) when I came back from oversea after 10 days.  Noise disappear after I drove for about 10 mins, but kind of scary....

So basically this isn't the compressor, but the petrol engine. When this happen , your number for l / 100km goes up very fast !! Not sure if it's accurate.

Couple of things I've learned. 

5. If you leave something connected to cigerette lighter or leave the radio or aircon on when you switch off engine, sometimes small battery goes flat. (I have not been able to identify the exact conditions.) . Happen to me twice. 

Hi,

Just a quick update , have the car for 7 months. Fuel consumption on 18 inch tyres, between 18.5 to 20 km per litre.

Just completed 10,000km servicing. Complained of steering noise at low speed. the fault isolated to the steering rack assembly. Was

informed by sms that the parts have arrived and to make appointment for replacement. Generally happy with C & C servicing.

With the new VES the rebate has dropped to 10,000, mine was at 27,000+. Notice the new Niro has 2 versions now. I guess with the price

increase, the cheaper version will come with lesser accessories to make the price more palatable.

Anybody knows the difference between the 2 versions. The EX is priced at 120,999 and the SX is priced at 126,999.

Cheers

Hi,

Cheers

$6000 is pretty small difference... I wonder what difference can there be... probably only one or two items of real importance...

Looks like even if I have nothing connected, I even disconnect the car camera provided by C&C, but the battery still went flat after 1 week to 1.5 weeks if I didn't drive. Of course, I can just press the button and recharge it but it's kind of annoying.. Anybody had the same problem ?

Back wheel has a loud clicking noise (like something stuck) when I came back from oversea after 10 days. Noise disappear after I drove for about 10 mins, but kind of scary....

Probably something stuck on the wheel like branches or leaves which drop off after a while...

I too have the steering clicking sound audible at parking speeds and Kia w/shop will change the steering rack too. My car is only near 7 months new! What about other Niro owners? Suggest they check this clicking sound asap in order to get the rack replaced under warranty.

Enjoying the fantastic fc and the ease g this car.of drivin

What fc are you getting on av usage? I hv only managed between 17 & 18 km/L on mixed use.

Am reporting my niro fc after near 7 mths usage. Still getting around 18 km/L, maybe cos my usual journeys are short trips. However with more travels on express ways I have managed 19+ km/L. Is this good?

Another annoying sound that I have since owning the niro is the loud sqeaking/rubbing noise from like the rear brakes when at stop and slowing releasing brake pedal. If release the brake pedal quickly then no noise. Any owner experiencing this noise too? Shall be notifying Kia w/shop when I bring car in next week to replace the steering rack said to take one full day.

I too have the steering clicking sound audible at parking speeds and Kia w/shop will change the steering rack too. My car is only near 7 months new! What about other Niro owners? Suggest they check this clicking sound asap in order to get the rack replaced under warranty.

This was a problem with my old Hyundai Avante. Hopefully it doesn't happen with the Niro.

The FC is way far off than they advert.

FC is always way off. Anyway, I noticed that the Prius FC is way better. See the Taxi Uncle and Uber youngster drive like crazy but still showing between 4.5L to 4.8L per 100KM, but if I drive like that , Niro will be at least 6-7L per 100KM. 

If I drive carefully, best I can get is 4.8L per 100KM. dunno how people get 4.0 to 4.5 !!

Another annoying sound that I have since owning the niro is the loud sqeaking/rubbing noise from like the rear brakes when at stop and slowing releasing brake pedal. If release the brake pedal quickly then no noise. Any owner experiencing this noise too? Shall be notifying Kia w/shop when I bring car in next week to replace the steering rack said to take one full day.

Yes, I have the same problem... 

Enjoying the fantastic fc and the ease g this car.of drivin

What fc are you getting on av usage? I hv only managed between 17 & 18 km/L on mixed use.

Am reporting my niro fc after near 7 mths usage. Still getting around 18 km/L, maybe cos my usual journeys are short trips. However with more travels on express ways I have managed 19+ km/L. Is this good?

I guess this is great for someone moving from normal car (I had a advertised 14km/l and actual of approx 10-12km/l for Avante).. but high if you are comparing against Prius or Corolla Hybrid. I'm averaging approx 20km/l and I thought it's high...

Probably something stuck on the wheel like branches or leaves which drop off after a while...

Probably something stuck, but don't think it's leafs or branches.. Parked in MSCP . Maybe the brake or something mechanical... Will observe and see how, but kind of weird, especially when the sound lasted for quite a few mins.... probably less than 10 mins ....

Neutral Newbie

FC is always way off. Anyway, I noticed that the Prius FC is way better. See the Taxi Uncle and Uber youngster drive like crazy but still showing between 4.5L to 4.8L per 100KM, but if I drive like that , Niro will be at least 6-7L per 100KM. 

If I drive carefully, best I can get is 4.8L per 100KM. dunno how people get 4.0 to 4.5 !!

You've got to use ev as much as possible. For me, there's a few sweet spots where ev will be used if you depress the accelerator less (even when battery is lower than half). You have to learn where these sweet spots are and how to trigger the ev and maintaining it. 

Sure, it's not going to be as exciting as riding it like you stole it but the saving can make up for the occasional sprints that you make. I'm averaging about 23+km/L at the moment on 17" rims. Not much different but we'll see in the long run....

You've got to use ev as much as possible. For me, there's a few sweet spots where ev will be used if you depress the accelerator less (even when battery is lower than half). You have to learn where these sweet spots are and how to trigger the ev and maintaining it. 

I actually get better FC with use of Sports mode when moving off then without. Once moved off, get out of Sports mode back to normal. 

I actually get better FC with use of Sports mode when moving off then without. Once moved off, get out of Sports mode back to normal.

Having to keep switching is rather tiring and defeats the purpose of having a hybrid no?

Having to keep switching is rather tiring and defeats the purpose of having a hybrid no?

Take Uber ?

Didn't realise that the purpose of having a hybrid was "less tiring"...

Take Uber ?

Didn't realise that the purpose of having a hybrid was "less tiring"...

What I meant was buying a hybrid was to save fuel... but having to switch drive modes to save fuel on a hybrid sounds like the hybrid is not working as it should in terms of saving fuel??? And you have to remember to switch back and forth... buay sian meh? Tiring to remember leh... and to do it...
↡ Advertisement