New Kia Niro Hybrid

Aukang

Think the majority of buyers won't buy hybrid so I doubt if it will be anywhere near Vezel in terms of volume.

Well apparently hybrids will be the up and coming trends with more choices than the fugly prius, ppl will come to accept hybrids more and more....but ya la, i agree with you probably won't be like vezel volume wise but then again is the price is around vezel (and cheaper than QQ) then there is nothing to lose buying the Niro (for those who are not adverse to MIK that is). Treat the hybrid power unit as a bonus item. Afterall it still has a normal base 1.6L petrol engine so you have nothing to lose #justsaying

Wun lah. There's still a sizable herd out there who are kimchi-adverse, conti-adverse n will onli buy jap.

Talking about jap i actually like shuttle a lot. Pity there is no turbo version like Jade and Civic.

↡ Advertisement

Well apparently hybrids will be the up and coming trends with more choices than the fugly prius, ppl will come to accept hybrids more and more....but ya la, i agree with you probably won't be like vezel volume wise but then again is the price is around vezel (and cheaper than QQ) then there is nothing to lose buying the Niro (for those who are not adverse to MIK that is). Treat the hybrid power unit as a bonus item. Afterall it still has a normal base 1.6L petrol engine so you have nothing to lose #justsaying

I also hope more buyers embrace hybrid technology cos it would be greener for the environment and we wouldn't be at the back and call of oil companies!

Agreed on more choices and hybrid being quiet and pick up I believe is superior to petrol cars at least from standstill should be pluses for buyers to seriously consider it. Could anyone who has test drove this or the Ioniq pls confirm on the pick up and quietness?

• Praise 4

You bought? Congrats if you did and keep us informed of the COE bid, delivery etc.

The CEVs rebate is $15k? or more?

Heard OMV c. $30k and CEVs c. $30k.

Fantastic value at $109k if that's the case - similar OMV to BMW 318i (list price $176k), Mercedes CLA ($169k) and Volvo S60 ($170k).

• Praise 1

Omv 30+k.

Parf expect $3k cos minimal arf payable.

Car should be late feb

I opt for later cos i didnt top up for gaurantee coe.

Usually rule of thumb is.. System will prompt hybrid system faulty is battery has issue

And also, our local driving pattern can hard uses EV mode all the way. So even if batt cant hold charge, within mintues u would have brake and it charges batt again

first buyer.... 110k....

at this price point... i won't be surprise if this model pick up and become a volume seller... 

just imagine the below...

Yysiong posting this car getting 1000km on a single tank.

10 years battery warranty by AD (ppl are skeptical of buying from PI cos of support, but now it is fully backed by AD )

and most important of all, almost same price point as vezel, its even cheaper than the KM hrv...

if this is available 2 months back, my money may go to this kia Niro also... 

• Praise 2

Heard OMV c. $30k and CEVs c. $30k.

Fantastic value at $109k if that's the case - similar OMV to BMW 318i (list price $176k), Mercedes CLA ($169k) and Volvo S60 ($170k).

Just to put in perspective, those premium makes normally knock off at least $10k from their list price in various forms, overtrade, outright discounts, service credits etc. In the case of CLA and 318, think their CEVs is $5k so that easily accounts for $35k ($25k CEVs diff and $10k OT) and also being premium makes, their margins are normally much higher than B&B Japs/Koreans.

A better comparison would be against the Prius who is also a having a $31k OMV and $30k CEVs and selling at $130k though some posted could get at $125k?

Point taken on value for money Niro [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

Actually why people buy hybrid ah? Good fuel economy?

Ya.. Now Ron95 ard $2.06/l...imagine govt increase tax further and oil price rebound beyond $100? Are we looking at Ron95 $3/l?

You bought? Congrats if you did and keep us informed of the COE bid, delivery etc.

The CEVs rebate is $15k? or more?

CEVS $30k bro. Thats y SE says scrap value ard $3k.

Think the majority of buyers won't buy hybrid so I doubt if it will be anywhere near Vezel in terms of volume.

Actually if u seen the car, you will be amazed by the tech.

I want a prius, but BM quote $130k PI quote $112k. Interior is basic except the centre console which really wow many

And, price $110k.. Why not? A petrol vezel is $105k.. Hybrid maybe $2k more

Wun lah. There's still a sizable herd out there who are kimchi-adverse, conti-adverse n will onli buy jap.

Ya man.

Many ppl trust jap car becos of perceived reliability

But then look now.. Who buy jap tv, phones or laptop?

So, its a matter of mindset.

Join us @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/232098710574216/

More people, more active, more fun!

Just to put in perspective, those premium makes normally knock off at least $10k from their list price in various forms, overtrade, outright discounts, service credits etc. In the case of CLA and 318, think their CEVs is $5k so that easily accounts for $35k ($25k CEVs diff and $10k OT) and also being premium makes, their margins are normally much higher than B&B Japs/Koreans.

A better comparison would be against the Prius who is also a having a $31k OMV and $30k CEVs and selling at $130k though some posted could get at $125k?

Point taken on value for money Niro [thumbsup]

Prius 125k is when coe 46k...

I had hunted leng kee and ubi SE on prius, lowest i got is 129k, and they need 7 year loan.

What for? Prius is alr taxi,and.uber/grab fav. I dun want ppl nxt time walk pass my car and see if i have the uber/grab logo or not lo

Kia ubi got display n test drive?

I doubt. Understand that there are currently 4 cars, of which some are allocated for journalists test drives. One was at car show, one at leng kee. Maybe the car show one will be available at ubi.. But all test drive booking for niro seems to be at leng kee...
  • Praise 2

What for? Prius is alr taxi,and.uber/grab fav. I dun want ppl nxt time walk pass my car and see if i have the uber/grab logo or not lo

Nobody can guarantee Niro will not become next taxi/uber/Grab if it is good.... [smash]

• Praise 3

Got this specs sheet at the motorshow so sharing with all here.

thanks for sharing... 

More people, more active, more fun!

Prius 125k is when coe 46k...

I had hunted leng kee and ubi SE on prius, lowest i got is 129k, and they need 7 year loan.

the auto cruise control means that the car will speed up and reduce speed accordingly?

thanks for sharing...

the auto cruise control means that the car will speed up and reduce speed accordingly?

Yes.

Nobody can guarantee Niro will not become next taxi/uber/Grab if it is good.... [smash]

Hope not. Taxi/grab/uber priority is mileage, which so far prius has the best mileage. LCR actually favor vezel/shuttle hybrid more looking at the fleet out there
  • Praise 1

The Niro is interesting & I quite like it. With 250Nm torque, it shld be a good nippy drive. Specs is very good n definitely doesn't look awkward like the Prius. Hope to see some on the roads soon to judge its 'real world' looks. Under bright lights in the motorshow tend to look good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1