2017! Are we in recession?

RadX

Staying too long may also mean settled in the comfort zone..

I'm still with the same company after like 15 years. Now want to jump ship also not confident.

Yes..should have left long ago.

If you are still adding value, job is stable, colleagues are ok, salary is enough, don't look back liao. You are not going in that direction :)
↡ Advertisement

I'm still with the same company after like 15 years. Now want to jump ship also not confident.

Did they ill treat you?

Why need to move if not?

Is comfort not good.

I love comfort, give me that anytime.

You join a new place, only to settle in to be comfortable as well isnt it?

Muayhahahaha.

Another thing.

Headhunters are in the exact same category as property agents.

Never ever listen to them.

Make your own judgement calls

Did they ill treat you?

Why need to move if not?

Is comfort not good.

I love comfort, give me that anytime.

You join a new place, only to settle in to be comfortable as well isnt it?

Muayhahahaha.

Another thing.

Headhunters are in the exact same category as property agents.

Never ever listen to them.

Make your own judgement calls

I think many "headhunters" are just recruitment agents. It's like how many banking officers call themselves bankers.

Some of my peers say they are headhunted to join this company. I smile at their naivety.

To me, being headhunted means being specifically selected to join the company, no need multiple levels of interview. No need go through any agencies. Just straight from the company to the candidate for that particular high level role.

headhunt?

if the salary package is $250k (minimum, base salary) ...

yes that's headhunt

headhunt means the candidate is already shortlisted

need to be interviewed by the ceo/coo/cfo or chairman of the company

headhunt position is not published in jobsdb one la ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

I think many "headhunters" are just recruitment agents. It's like how many banking officers call themselves bankers.

Some of my peers say they are headhunted to join this company. I smile at their naivety.

To me, being headhunted means being specifically selected to join the company, no need multiple levels of interview. No need go through any agencies. Just straight from the company to the candidate for that particular high level role.

headhunt?

if the salary package is $250k (minimum, base salary) ...

yes that's headhunt

headhunt means the candidate is already shortlisted

need to be interviewed by the ceo/coo/cfo or chairman of the company

headhunt position is not published in jobsdb one la ... lol

250kpa is low level job leh...t2 say one

still need to headhunt?

If there's still room for u to move upwards, there's no need to look elsewhere

Now times are bad, changing job may not be a wise move especially if u r in a stable business

• Praise 1

Oh. So that's what it means.

I thought headhunter is someone like a bounty hunter except he kills the fellow and takes his head.

If you leave now, just for sake of leaving, you will eat go back grass one. Seen this too many in my ex company. SO make sure your current company allows eat go back grass type.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Once you are in comfort zone, you will not be to adapt to different environment.

If you decide to move, really suck it up & don't turn back.

I was in the same company for 10.5 years.  The job was challenging as there will be new CFO every 3 years.

CFO "kick" me out to move to a higher position in affiliated company.  After 1+ year, i moved to another affiliated company in China.

Once you are in comfort zone, you will not be to adapt to different environment.

I was in the same company for 10.5 years. The job was challenging as there will be new CFO every 3 years.

CFO "kick" me out to move to a higher position in affiliated company. After 1+ year, i moved to another affiliated company in China.

So you're in China now?

even if a fresh grad gets 3.5k starting pay at age 25/6, there's no way he can reach 6k by 30 (unless he's a super capable one)

for average guys....

26yo - 3.5k

27yo - 3.67k (5% increment)

28yo - 3.86k (5% increment)

29yo - 4.05k (5% increment)

30yo - 4.25k (5% increment)

31 yo - 4.68k (5% increment, 5% adjustment for promotion)

at this rate, probably 40yo then can get 6k (staying at same company)

unless got company willing to pay 10% or more increment every year

That is the problem with most companies here. When they recruit, they pay 20-30% to attract someone to cross over but internally, they give peanuts. When they eventually try to match up, they could only think of promotion. So promotion is justification for salary adjustment?

Can they promote you yearly if your performance is outstanding throughout? So what is the next best move for you? Find another job to achieve that 20-30% raise.

Many companies are also finding ways to reduce manpower cost at the mid and bottom because those many decision to this cut are at the top. The simplest way is FT. For performance, it is the mid managers problems.

Unless you are on top, otherwise, just think/do what is best for you. Stay professional because your track records go a long way including your clients. Gone are the days company has proper HR set up and they talk about Job matrix and career path. Most even considering outsourcing HR. Who started all these?

• Praise 4

That is the problem with most companies here. When they recruit, they pay 20-30% to attract someone to cross over but internally, they give peanuts. When they eventually try to match up, they could only think of promotion. So promotion is justification for salary adjustment?

Can they promote you yearly if your performance is outstanding throughout? So what is the next best move for you? Find another job to achieve that 20-30% raise.

Many companies are also finding ways to reduce manpower cost at the mid and bottom because those many decision to this cut are at the top. The simplest way is FT. For performance, it is the mid managers problems.

Unless you are on top, otherwise, just think/do what is best for you. Stay professional because your track records go a long way including your clients. Gone are the days company has proper HR set up and they talk about Job matrix and career path. Most even considering outsourcing HR. Who started all these?

Yes agree, truth and reality hurts. It doesnt promote growth with the firm.

Instead of rewarding internally, many companies choose to grow at breakneck speeds by getting from outside. Do these people at the top care?

No lah they dont. Money in the pocket, just hire and fire lor.

So simple....CEO 101. Lame......

This world is too complicated already

Lots of simple basic values are applicable from home to office and office to home.

Edited by Throttle2

Yes agree, truth and reality hurts. It doesnt promote growth with the firm.

Instead of rewarding internally, many companies choose to grow at breakneck speeds by getting from outside. Do these people at the top care?

No lah they dont. Money in the pocket, just hire and fire lor.

So simple....CEO 101. Lame......

This world is too complicated already

Lots of simple basic values are applicable from home to office and office to home.

Top management who do hire & fire will not stay long.

Someday these top management will be fired once KPi is not met.

Talent management is actually the buzz word now.

I was in the same company for 10.5 years.  The job was challenging as there will be new CFO every 3 years.

CFO "kick" me out to move to a higher position in affiliated company.  After 1+ year, i moved to another affiliated company in China.

so now u CFO of the china company ?  My friend told me china accounting is very different. 

Company earn $1 , CFO takes the next $1. :grin:  I name them UFO ...... Ultimate Finance Officer 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1