First Day Of School Traffic

Theoldjaffa

Really arrh? was cemetery? I just went there for lunch just now. Next time 7th mth i better go other places [sweatdrop]

Looks like tmr i need to go at 6.30 to avoid jams liao lor... [laugh]

Wah faint liao...

first week already so bad.

Next week got JC starting, if it'll be worse to begin with, then really need learn helicopter liao...

yes...my late uncle lived in blk 1 since the 70s and one my schoolmate lived in a kampung house located in the cemetery. The newer block next to blk 1 built in the 90s or late 80s were all graves. They were all Chinese cemetary just like Bishan.

i stay in the west and work in tuas

but will detour to koon seng road tomorrow morning to save some time

:D

I will also go Koon Seng road to koon seng (hokkien for sleep first).

Tired lah

yes...my late uncle lived in blk 1 since the 70s and one my schoolmate lived in a kampung house located in the cemetery. The newer block next to blk 1 built in the 90s or late 80s were all graves. They were all Chinese cemetary just like Bishan.

wah... i sometimes eat at blk 2 or blk 3...

didn't know there also got graves...

i was telling u to take koon seng.. join joo chiat rd.. and hit left to marine parade anyways ..  

ps.. if u miss the right turn at koon seng.. DO NOT take the east coast road to join joo chiat.. you will kenna another jam.. 

from what i can tell.. marine parade road still jam.. but.. its the shortest distance to be caught...

if you dont turn to the school's carpark.. and drop her off at the same spot as today.. think u can save her some time.. 

Thanks, bro.

Today took your advice, went Koon Seng.

And indeed it was v smooth, bypassed all jams (and i did take a peek, it was jammed as yesterday, further down after Koon Seng turn, on Still Road.

a good 15 min earlier than yest, and i only left home i think 1 min earlier!

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

All thanks to you. If not, even if i continue exploring all options, it might be a while before i find out about this route.

• Praise 3

1st week of school almost over ....

hopefully there is a pattern established on the traffic leading to schools ...

• Praise 1

1st week of school almost over ....

hopefully there is a pattern established on the traffic leading to schools ...

i'm still bracing myself for more surprises, as JC only starts next week - there is one just behind my girl's school  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Hope no significant impact.

• Praise 1

Thanks, bro.

And indeed it was v smooth, bypassed all jams (and i did take a peek, it was jammed as yesterday, further down after Koon Seng turn, on Still Road.

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

All thanks to you. If not, even if i continue exploring all options, it might be a while before i find out about this route.

np np

safe driving!  [laugh]

• Praise 1

wah... i sometimes eat at blk 2 or blk 3...

didn't know there also got graves...

Thanks, bro.

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

those area from block 1 and to the rear arent a cemetary as far as i can remember! Its the area to the left of block 1 if you are facing nex from block 1. Attended a cousin's wedding back in 82 and hanged out with the neighbourhood kids for the weekend....they went out looking for eels in the drains surrounding the cemetary at midnite....kns....i didnt want to eat the eels that they barbecued after thinking where the eels got the nutrients from!
  • Praise 1

those area from block 1 and to the rear arent a cemetary as far as i can remember! Its the area to the left of block 1 if you are facing nex from block 1. Attended a cousin's wedding back in 82 and hanged out with the neighbourhood kids for the weekend....they went out looking for eels in the drains surrounding the cemetary at midnite....kns....i didnt want to eat the eels that they barbecued after thinking where the eels got the nutrients from!

pls.. last time at tekong.. when lao lee came for a visit.. and those warrant officers.. went to the swamp ... sashimi-ed the xi hum there for him...  and he ate them... 

i...  :a-confused:  [furious]  following two weeks...  damn scared got news he fall sick.. 

btw.. those xi hum were the sizes of your clamped up fist...  can u imagine the nutrients? :XD:

pls.. last time at tekong.. when lao lee came for a visit.. and those warrant officers.. went to the swamp ... sashimi-ed the xi hum there for him...  and he ate them... 

i...  :a-confused:  [furious]  following two weeks...  damn scared got news he fall sick.. 

btw.. those xi hum were the sizes of your clamped up fist...  can u imagine the nutrients? :XD:

bro, i think he meant the eels were from the longkangs surrounding the cemetery, so got chance the nutrients of the eels came from the surrounding of the longkangs leh, which is from the C......

He did fall sick la.

That's why his son, xiao lee, has this phobia and always says mai hum for every dish. Even for dishes with no hum.

• Praise 1

He did fall sick la.

That's why his son, xiao lee, has this phobia and always says mai hum for every dish. Even for dishes with no hum.

hahaha true true  [:p]

pls.. last time at tekong.. when lao lee came for a visit.. and those warrant officers.. went to the swamp ... sashimi-ed the xi hum there for him... and he ate them...

i... :a-confused:[furious] following two weeks... damn scared got news he fall sick..

btw.. those xi hum were the sizes of your clamped up fist... can u imagine the nutrients? :XD:

you must be the camp commandant....thats why you scared! Anything happened to him then the commandant will have his head rolling first...

I must commend those parent-volunteer traffic marshals. They do a good job of managing traffic around schools.

Unfortunately, when lta wardens come the congestion will worsen.

Today i saw a lta warden on motorbike taking video of the traffic (not the first time). When this happens the volunteer wardens stop work for some reason and needless to say traffic worsens.

I tried to get close to him to ask him to stop taking vid and help manage traffic instead but got blocked off. I dont know what these lta wardens do these days apart from become cameramen.