First Day Of School Traffic

Theoldjaffa

I must commend those parent-volunteer traffic marshals. They do a good job of managing traffic around schools.

Unfortunately, when lta wardens come the congestion will worsen.

Today i saw a lta warden on motorbike taking video of the traffic (not the first time). When this happens the volunteer wardens stop work for some reason and needless to say traffic worsens.

I tried to get close to him to ask him to stop taking vid and help manage traffic instead but got blocked off. I dont know what these lta wardens do these days apart from become cameramen.

Well, you can be KL with traffic warden.

Lodge a complaint against this traffic warden. 

Saying that he has nothing to improve traffic around the areas.  Instead, he has worsen traffic condition with his inaction.  In future, LTA should sent someone who do their job (i.e.manage traffic).

• Praise 1

Actually i saw the photo on Malaysian FB group before. but with different story. [laugh]

Wake up call for me. Won't believe shi the from fb

• Praise 7

bro.. Joo chiat road lead up to marine parade closed from sat onwards for MRT construction... 

oh noooooooooooo...........

then siao liao lor....  :TT_TT:

I everyday in a rush, missed any signs saying this leh... Thanks for the heads-up. 

Like this i siong liao...

but of late, i noticed that on some days, the Still Road from Eunos heading towards East Coast Rd and Marine Parade Rd, on some days like not too jammed. Dunno whether have things improved (since 3rd day of school) there for me to dare to try it again...

The encouraging sign is that on 2 occasions, we had seen my girl's principal's car near ours, and the car went straight on Still Rd. My girl said by the time she reached school (i let her alight on Marine Parade rd to cross bridge and walk in), got see the principal's car...

if principal can brave still road (or telok kurau) and not late, then maybe i also got chance?  [idea]

oh noooooooooooo...........

then siao liao lor....  :TT_TT:

I everyday in a rush, missed any signs saying this leh... Thanks for the heads-up. 

Like this i siong liao...

but of late, i noticed that on some days, the Still Road from Eunos heading towards East Coast Rd and Marine Parade Rd, on some days like not too jammed. Dunno whether have things improved (since 3rd day of school) there for me to dare to try it again...

The encouraging sign is that on 2 occasions, we had seen my girl's principal's car near ours, and the car went straight on Still Rd. My girl said by the time she reached school (i let her alight on Marine Parade rd to cross bridge and walk in), got see the principal's car...

if principal can brave still road (or telok kurau) and not late, then maybe i also got chance?  [idea]

if rain.. dont try.. traffic is shix when it rains..  past few days i siam...  

still road is always a hit or miss la..  sometimes fast 2~3mins clear.. sometimes 10...  really heng suay one... 

also on still road...  many ppl... keep left and cut in last min at the bus yellow box... that cuts alot of time... but of cus.. inconsiderate la...  

still road is always a hit or miss la..  sometimes fast 2~3mins clear.. sometimes 10...  really heng suay one... 

also on still road...  many ppl... keep left and cut in last min at the bus yellow box... that cuts alot of time... but of cus.. inconsiderate la...  

Haiz... i also apprehensive of still road, so still dun dare try...

and LTA has to do this to me ....  [bigcry]

how about this small road Brooke Road. Does it lead out from East coast rd to Marine Parade rd? 

now must find plan B liao...

how about this small road Brooke Road. Does it lead out from East coast rd to Marine Parade rd? 

its does...  [laugh]

Go by Fort Road, Mountbatten and then up Amber road?

its does...  [laugh]

ok. this will be back-up... 

but it's a v small road huh? hope won't be blocked...

Go by Fort Road, Mountbatten and then up Amber road?

cannot leh...

coming from Hougang side...

• Praise 2

Morning, bro.

Today i plucked up the courage to try still road again. Had put off doing so and playing it safe by taking Joo Seng/Joo Chiat since the beginning, but decided to give it a try since the safe choice is going to cease this Sat.

And I was pleasantly surprised that it was quite ok - it took me about 5 min to get from the traffic light leading to Joo Seng, to the traffic light outside TaoNan, which is even faster than if I take the Joo Chiat route, which would range from 6-12 min normally.

But today the traffic was not jammed up before the East Coast Rd junction, so that helps. Betw East Coast Rd and Marine Parade Rd stretch, most cars were going straight, presumably to TaoNan, so those who need to turn left (like me) did not have to queue really long - the only problem was there were lots of parents/students crossing at the traffic light so there was a short wait there.

This must be a huge huge difference (improvement) from the nightmare 2 days when school started. I wonder what has changed that resulted in this...

But as you said, this might be the best-case scenario, and things could get really ugly on a bad - or wet - day. I might just try this out as Plan A and use Brooke Rd as Plan B.

Hypersonic

i would have thought the name still road had clearly implied the traffic conditions there

Twincharged

Recently I got season parking at my workplace. For the first time ever my car is a regular car. Used to drive ROPC.

Wah the jam is so bad even at 0650. What time do people start work anyway? Start to miss the mrt cos even though jam not so stress.

Thinking of starting out even earlier but then it would be like being a slave to the car and if I keep going earlier then benefit of owning a car is not so great. Last time when I did shift and I did drive to work, i need to reach my workplace at 0645 so again where got traffic?

Just some two cents after years of off peak car ownership with no real encounter with driving during peak hour rush on the road.

So finally what time does peak hour start in the expressways anyway? 0645?

• Praise 1

Recently I got season parking at my workplace. For the first time ever my car is a regular car. Used to drive ROPC.

Wah the jam is so bad even at 0650. What time do people start work anyway? Start to miss the mrt cos even though jam not so stress.

Thinking of starting out even earlier but then it would be like being a slave to the car and if I keep going earlier then benefit of owning a car is not so great. Last time when I did shift and I did drive to work, i need to reach my workplace at 0645 so again where got traffic?

Just some two cents after years of off peak car ownership with no real encounter with driving during peak hour rush on the road.

So finally what time does peak hour start in the expressways anyway? 0645?

Wah...how long have you been out of Earth? Welcome back. LoL...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3