Driving against traffic incidents! How to avoid?

RadX

How about carparks? At IMM carpark, there are many vehicles too lazy to make a left turn (and go one round). So, they just turn right to exit the MSCP.

Glad to know TP got jo gang....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/one-driver-arrested-3-others-assisting-with-investigations-for-driving

One driver arrested, 3 others assisting with investigations for driving against flow of traffic in recent incidents

SINGAPORE - The Traffic Police have identified four out of five drivers who were allegedly driving against the flow of traffic recently, police said on Friday (Jan 6).

One driver has been arrested while three are assisting with investigations.

A 30-year-old man believed to have driven against the flow of traffic along AYE towards Tuas on Jan 5 was arrested for reckless or dangerous driving, police said.

The other three are:

An 85-year-old man who allegedly drove against the flow of traffic along Bedok North Street 1 towards Bedok North Avenue 3 on Dec 28 last year;

A 42-year-old male driver who alleged took a wrong turn against the flow of traffic along Cavenagh Road towards Bukit Timah Road on Jan 5;

A 28-year-old man driving along CTE towards SLE when he is believed to have lost control of his car, causing it to spin and hit the road divider, before it stopped in the opposite direction of traffic, on Jan 2.

Police are investigating another case of a vehicle allegedly going against traffic along Gateway Drive towards Westgate Shopping Centre on Jan 2.

The Traffic Police advised members of the public with information about such incidents to file a report with the Police at any Neighbourhood Police Centre/Post or online, so that the Police can look into the matter.

Traffic violations can also be reported via the I-Witness portal. Dashcam videos can also be submitted as evidence to assist police in investigations.

"Driving against the flow of traffic is a dangerous act and Traffic Police will take stern action against motorists who wilfully commit such an offence," it said.

"Should motorists encounter vehicles going against the traffic, they should alert the driver or rider by flashing their headlights, slow down, and take evasive action to avoid collision.

"Motorists should also alert the police as soon as they can safely do so."

• Praise 2

Finally, TP not sleeping in Ubi liao

Maybe @RadX create this thread, attract ST attraction..published on paper and TP cannot said don't know.

• Praise 1

Maybe RadX create this thread, attract ST attraction..published on paper and TP cannot said don't know.

It juz prove that Singapore also got ppl power [thumbsup]

Recently looked at a replacement car with nice conditions, colour, pricing etc. Almost immediately zoom down to sign on the dotted line...then asked for the plate number...

I didn't make the trip - indeed a SLJ.

Not in my book to pay LTA 1.3k for my own number retention either.

Change to

BeeEmEmmelu la

Either he really wants to see his KIA car lives up to it's acronym expectation or he may just be cursing the rest of the incoming cars for driving in the 'wrong' direction....ððð

Sometimes it's road design that make motorist thinking it's a two way road.

So motorist must really look at road signs and directional arrows on the road.

One example is some carparks have reverse direction for vehicles to keep right.

Or from one-way street entering into carpark, the entry gantry usually on the right side and exit further down.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Either he really wants to see his KIA car lives up to it's acronym expectation or he may just be cursing the rest of the incoming cars for driving in the 'wrong' direction....

To be frank, one car means siao lang, two cars means reckless.

But this many cars over such a short time? And with TP publicising that they're taking strong action in these cases to boot?

At that point we must start looking at road design factors. I have seen junctions which are deceptively curved so it's not completely incomprehensible that someone makes an honest mistake and starts going the wrong way then panics and doesn't know what to do.

Apart from 'getting' the 'errant' motorists, I want our absolutely beyond reproach gahmen to ownself check ownself and critically appraise road design of all involved stretches as well.

drive Kia wanna follow Merc style? [:p]

Both CnC loh.

Cuckoo N Clown. :D

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Both CnC loh.

Cuckoo N Clown. :D

maybe all the CnC SEs tell the new owners at handover: "go forth & drive like u the King of the Road!"

maybe all the CnC SEs tell the new owners at handover: "go forth & drive like u the King of the Road!"

That's why I drive like Eff You See...

...king of the road. :D