Driving against traffic incidents! How to avoid?

RadX

Seriously, expressway has traffic monitoring camera.  How come ppl in control centre nvr call 999?

Long time ago, i ride bicycle through Crawford underpass toward city.  There is a SLK crashed on the upslope immediately after underpass.  Debris from the crash spread through all lanes except lane 1.  I call 999.  Within 5 mins, i saw TP motorbike heading towards crash site.

↡ Advertisement

"On Dec 28, 2016 at about noon, an 85-year-old man allegedly drove against the flow of traffic along Bedok North Street 1 towards Bedok North Avenue 3. The driver is currently assisting with investigations."

is there a typo?

If I'm not wrong, drivers above certain age needs to pass a yearly medical test before being allowed to drive. Some 85-year-olds can be much fitter than people half their age, especially if these seniors enjoy racket games.

Either he really wants to see his KIA car lives up to it's acronym expectation or he may just be cursing the rest of the incoming cars for driving in the 'wrong' direction....

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Nao hia... Why so many kam lans cannot understand road direction ah?

Best one is the Ikea video the car went wrong direction still can high beam others LOL

https://www.facebook.com/BehChiaLor/videos/1831464780442941/

First one is quite common and not cannot understand road direction la. Those are the kind who cannot afford to pay for petrol after taking loan to buy car so got to take shortcuts whenever they can to save petrol.

• Praise 1

There's almost a million registered vehicles in SG.

The vast majority of drivers don't have issues with road design... though I do think some junctions and road stretches can be improved.

Now we have a few of these blur fcks (both young and old) driving down the wrong way... in stretches of highways where you'd think it's damn impossible to do so... unless someone was depressed, had a death wish or just plain couldn't give a fck.

That last type we've all seen plenty of times in carparks. They continue with impunity cos they feel there's no consequences to their actions. Unless it hits them in the wallet for even these "minor" infractions in the carparks... they're just going to continue doing shit like this in highways.

Also, training of drivers has to be improved. Make the practical on-road examination more stringent. There's just too many stupid drivers nowadays.

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 3

SINGAPORE - A man was charged in court on Thursday (Jan 12) with driving a car in a dangerous manner along the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) at about 1.40am on Jan 5.

Brandon Ng Hai Chong, 30, allegedly drove against the flow of traffic.

His lawyer, Mr Luke Lee, told District Judge Carol Ling that his client has a medical condition and has been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome.

He said Ng had also been diagnosed with depression and is regularly seeing a psychiatrist.

Mr Lee said this is the fourth time he is representing Ng but did not reveal details about the earlier cases

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-who-allegedly-drove-against-flow-of-traffic-on-aye-charged-with-dangerous.

SOP mitigation.. if courts accept that as a factor to lower punishment.... so can have new law that says anyone seeing psychiatrist = complete ban from driving?

• Praise 1

Everybody kanna charged in court bound to blame depression these days.

If depressed, better straightaway suspend their licenses don't let them drive. What if he's a 18-wheeler driver and did the same thing in his long vehicle???

• Praise 1

I damn scare nowadays to drive midnight. All cars on expressway 90km/h > 

If one comes against traffic really hard to siam

• Praise 1

Everybody kanna charged in court bound to blame depression these days.

If depressed, better straightaway suspend their licenses don't let them drive. What if he's a 18-wheeler driver and did the same thing in his long vehicle???

Wow, driving a red bmw coupe with his kwailan face, I don't believe he got depression leh..

I damn scare nowadays to drive midnight. All cars on expressway 90km/h > 

If one comes against traffic really hard to siam

how about u keep left?

Wow, driving a red bmw coupe with his kwailan face, I don't believe he got depression leh..

I hope the judge thinks this way too.

Lock the fella up long long...

what abt those who love to travel against the slop at HDB MSCP? like coming down the up going slop to skip going one round. mayb they save 10 sec.  <_<  <_<  <_<

I hope the judge thinks this way too.

Lock the fella up long long...

actually... if u look at another picture..  

he is wearing a hublot big bang... 

now.. im not a psychologist... but who the hell glams up to go court??

what abt those who love to travel against the slop at HDB MSCP? like coming down the up going slop to skip going one round. mayb they save 10 sec.  <_<  <_<  <_<

these people.. are more irritating then dangerous bro..  wat i cannot stand are those people who put other ppls life at risk... 

actually... if u look at another picture..  

he is wearing a hublot big bang... 

now.. im not a psychologist... but who the hell glams up to go court??

these people.. are more irritating then dangerous bro..  wat i cannot stand are those people who put other ppls life at risk... 

[laugh]

Jam-Tangan-Ahli-Politik-Malaysia-15.jpg

• Praise 1

[laugh]

jokes aside.. if u know u are going to be guilty...  why show the judge u can afford the fine?? 

go .. be hum hum..  bow head.. apologize..  look/act sorry and poor...   

Edited by SuPerBoRed
↡ Advertisement