KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

Turbocharged

Try driving one with manual transmission and with signal stalk on the left.

I have owned 3 Italian and 2 French cars with this combi. The French indicators is not a stalk but a rocker switch that don't even self-cancel!

I survived.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

For me it's not so much about adapting but maximizing use of both hands. Like right hand do steering and signal lane change, left hand meddle with center console controls, handphone, Bluetooth earpiece, dig nose ...

Just like I use right leg for gas pedal and left leg for braking simultaneously.

I have owned 3 Italian and 2 French cars with this combi. The French indicators is not a stalk but a rocker switch that don't even self-cancel!

I survived.

You guys really atas. I'm low SES so only drove jap cars.
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Did I just see "Like right hand do steering and signal lane change, left hand meddle with center console controls, handphone, Bluetooth earpiece, dig nose ..."

Driving is driving. Leave your multitasking aside while driving for the sake of the safety of others.

Wanna meddle with phone while driving some more.. please pm me your car make and model and I will steer clear of you.

Turbocharged

Yeah lor... what's the problem leh? I've driven such cars before... ok leh... you just adapt...

Huh? I have driven left and right hand drive with both types... but all Euro make cars come with signal stalk on the left regardless of left or right hand drive leh... do the Japanese makes follow the signal stalk on the left in the European and US markets? Cos in Japan their signal stalks are on the left for Subaru... that's all the cars I have had some experience with in Japan... so I thought everyone stuck to one side now...

Maybe I can explain a little better.

Europe/US/South Korea are LHD markets. Their car makers set their indicator stalks on the left. When these cars are converted to RHD, the stalk remains on the left.

Similarly, Japs and UK are RHD markets and their stalks are on the right. The stalk remains on the right when converted to LHD.

There are exceptions: Subaru is Jap but stalk is on the left. Modern Brits are also on the left. Perhaps they think that their main target markets are not their home turf but larger LHD markets.

What I am saying is that to save costs, car makers do not customise their stalk cluster to LHD or RHD cars. They only make one and too bad if it's on the "wrong" side.

Turbocharged
(edited)

For me it's not so much about adapting but maximizing use of both hands. Like right hand do steering and signal lane change, left hand meddle with center console controls, handphone, Bluetooth earpiece, dig nose ...

Just like I use right leg for gas pedal and left leg for braking simultaneously.

I'll second TheOldJaffa. Please keep both hands on the wheels and both eyeballs on the road as far as possible.

You are joking about the SES thing right? Or you are holding on to some out-of-date pre-conceived notions? Is Fiat more atas than Mazda and Lexus less premium than the German Big 3?

Edited by Toeknee_33

Supersonic

i'll take your post with a pinch of salt. let's just say that you should not be meddling with the other stuff when you need to signal.

left leg is pretty much useless if driving auto, unless you referring to foot brake...

Hypersonic

It's ok one. My Alfa GT was manual and the signal stalk is on the left.

Don’t be mistaken. I am driving a Kona and a NV200 with this combination.

I am also curious what’s the big deal with the signal stalk on the left with some guys here.

The European Car manufacturer are simply too lazy to swap over, too much work for them perhaps? Hahaha...

Just let the driver adapt.

Turbocharged

A couple of pics! Had to use a laptop to upload as mobile version didnt allow!

There were 2 other Stingers awaiting collection too! 1 black and 1 Pantera Metal besides my Bumblebee.

Not hard to notice this bumble bee on the road.. Saw you on CTE earlier this morning.. Jin swee!

• Praise 1

Not hard to notice this bumble bee on the road.. Saw you on CTE earlier this morning.. Jin swee!

Wa I didn't get such luck. Was at CTE southbound at 7
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wa I didn't get such luck. Was at CTE southbound at 7

Was around that timing.. Traffic quite heavy at CTE AMK there..

1st Gear

Black in color w a P plate?
  • Praise 1

Maybe I can explain a little better.

Europe/US/South Korea are LHD markets. Their car makers set their indicator stalks on the left. When these cars are converted to RHD, the stalk remains on the left.

Similarly, Japs and UK are RHD markets and their stalks are on the right. The stalk remains on the right when converted to LHD.

There are exceptions: Subaru is Jap but stalk is on the left. Modern Brits are also on the left. Perhaps they think that their main target markets are not their home turf but larger LHD markets.

What I am saying is that to save costs, car makers do not customise their stalk cluster to LHD or RHD cars. They only make one and too bad if it's on the "wrong" side.

Oh I didn't know that... cos in 2002 when I drove in UK, the signal stalk was on the left... that was a Ford Mondeo... and in 2004, in Oz, the signal stalk was on the left for the Holden Commodore, and then in NZ, the Mazda 6 was on the right while the Ford Falcon was on the left... later years, I drove mainly in left hand drive ang moh countries, so I always think that signal stalk on the left is an ang moh thing... ha ha ha...

Aiyah... this week never drive CTE, missed the Bumblebee... cheers...

Please post review mate :D

haha will find time to do so soon!

can see my initial thoughts shared earlier in this thread

Initial thoughts:

1) Had to watch the speed. Just a bit of pedal pressing and easily up to 80km/h

2) Ride is comfy, suspension is good, plus the noise insulation is really good for a quiet cabin.

3) Only tried in Comfort mode yday. Will try out the rest over the coming weekend.

So far, no regrets! The Yellow is growing on me! Was initially deciding between this and Red but glad to go with the Yellow in the end!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3