KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

Just checked the specs, its a 3.3L V6. Definitely hard to sell. No wonder didn't come in. I also won't buy.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't get the K7 either... Edited by Fungyee77
↡ Advertisement

I meant it as a way to bypass the loaded cost of import. Even for the Niro, the ICE with GPS was one of the single most important factor for the car to be able to sense the road gradient and hence save on the fuel , but was omitted.

Can easily swap out with the KIA taxi after it arrive and fit up with the rims and tires if design aspect is the key to winning sales and not price.

As a after thought. Arteon will be made available in Nov this year.

So maybe a good push to get all the right tick in the boxes to get the stinger in.

https://youtu.be/9b8csbFoCms

Arteon is a nice car but the name sounding like " Ah Tiong" is just wrong for Asian countries. At least Stinger sounds vicious...

• Praise 1

Just checked the specs, its a 3.3L V6. Definitely hard to sell. No wonder didn't come in. I also won't buy.

comes in 2.0 as well bro.

I expect the price to be at low 140K in order to be able to move.

The aluminum body and Suspension is worth the price. If throw in 5 years free servicing and 10 years warranty.

Worth the money.

If 160K to 190K. A bit tough to imagine it being sold. I base COE at 50K for context of discussion.

The aluminum body and Suspension is worth the price. If throw in 5 years free servicing and 10 years warranty.

Worth the money.

If 160K to 190K. A bit tough to imagine it being sold. I base COE at 50K for context of discussion.

My guess is it will be priced around the Sorento's price point.

Worth the money.

Yes agree.

But hope cnc brings in the 3.3L as well. I think between a hypothetical $140-150k 2L and a hypothetical $160-170k 3.3L, I would probably prefer the 3.3L and its 365 horses despite the road tax impact.

Yes agree.

But hope cnc brings in the 3.3L as well. I think between a hypothetical $140-150k 2L and a hypothetical $160-170k 3.3L, I would probably prefer the 3.3L and its 365 horses despite the road tax impact.

I would actually prefer the 2.0 L turbo... slightly lower figures for power and torque but the peak torque comes on lower down the RPMs.. and you have much better fuel consumption and road tax... what's there not to like?

I would actually prefer the 2.0 L turbo... slightly lower figures for power and torque but the peak torque comes on lower down the RPMs.. and you have much better fuel consumption and road tax... what's there not to like?

There's everything to like about a 2L turbo.

Just that the experience, sound and power of a high capacity V6 is much better compared to a 2L four banger.

There's everything to like about a 2L turbo.

Just that the experience, sound and power of a high capacity V6 is much better compared to a 2L four banger.

Well I guess I'll gladly trade that for something more practical... I've driven a V6 4.0 Ford Falcon in NZ before... sounds great, drives great, great power too... but very thirsty though...

Fair points.

Am just thinking from a dollar per hp perspective, if an extra $20-30k gets me 110hp more, that's a pretty decent trade.

Plus 365hp is entry sportscar zone vs 255hp which I would probably call mid tier hot hatch zone :)

Anyways moot point until I can get CFO sign off...

Fair points.

Am just thinking from a dollar per hp perspective, if an extra $20-30k gets me 110hp more, that's a pretty decent trade.

Plus 365hp is entry sportscar zone vs 255hp which I would probably call mid tier hot hatch zone :)

Yah. 3.3L is still decent.

The chor ones are 4L and above

My guess is it will be priced around the Sorento's price point.

I suspect might be higher price than Sorento as this is supposed to be a conti killer

Fair points.

A chip up tune at 1500 dollars would yield u at least 70 BHP.

for now, its still NATO as always. Until they take deposit for expression of interest , this will be another genesis coup

Press embargo on the Stinger just lifted.

Received 9.0 rating from CarAdvice - one of the highest ratings ever given.

To @Sdf4786k's point, the first thing the chap on the video did was to cover the Kia badge.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/585437/2018-kia-stinger-review-2/?source=trending&slot=0

Edited by Fungyee77
  • Praise 2

Press embargo on the Stinger just lifted.

Received 9.0 rating from CarAdvice - one of the highest ratings ever given.

To @Sdf4786k's point, the first thing the chap on the video did was to cover the Kia badge.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/585437/2018-kia-stinger-review-2/?source=trending&slot=0

I wonder if this will be the same for singapore owners.

Knowing that the earlier version of PI imported harrier was almost a clone of the Luxus , we know for a fact that Singaporean cannot handle the truth  [:|]

They start to retrofit the grill and everything that Luxus parts bin has to offer. Yet will leave the steering wheel, blind side mirror and antenna untouch for most of the cars.

So who you trying to fool. ?

At least the VW owners who drive Passat CC dont go about pretending its a merc CLS even if the look is uncanny similar.

• Praise 1

10/10 will buy if budget allows!

Hope it'll be in the 130-140kSGD range for the 2.0T model.

Went to KIA showroom and understand it might be launched for sale this January during the motor show! 2.0T and 3.3T versions.

• Praise 2