KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

well, agree to disagree. What you are saying which I mention is.. not a need to have applecarplay

What I counter is even if dont have, can just tamba a creative roar download applecarplay and u good to go. But the world has move on and apply carplay is now a default install expected of new cars.

Not nitpicking. Just asking on observation.

Years ago, TV , fridge and phone or rediofussion was the one thing that sets apart. May not be required but really, if you dont see a TV, fridge nowadays, maybe a bit wierd as this is what is expected.

Then came the need for a washing machine instead of a washing board.

One thing for sure. Cars now dont come with CD player as again we have move on.

If you were to say, dont need sunroof or sports exos, maybe I agree. Its just wishy washy item that sunny singapore do not need.

Apple carplay is a game changer just like netflix and other movie is now the better choice option. You going to tell me having Mediacorp TV is good enough ?

The fact is I don't disagree with you.

I just find you out of point that's all.

↡ Advertisement

well, agree to disagree. What you are saying which I mention is.. not a need to have applecarplay

What I counter is even if dont have, can just tamba a creative roar download applecarplay and u good to go. But the world has move on and apply carplay is now a default install expected of new cars.

Not nitpicking. Just asking on observation.

Years ago, TV , fridge and phone or rediofussion was the one thing that sets apart. May not be required but really, if you dont see a TV, fridge nowadays, maybe a bit wierd as this is what is expected.

Then came the need for a washing machine instead of a washing board.

One thing for sure. Cars now dont come with CD player as again we have move on.

If you were to say, dont need sunroof or sports exos, maybe I agree. Its just wishy washy item that sunny singapore do not need.

Apple carplay is a game changer just like netflix and other movie is now the better choice option. You going to tell me having Mediacorp TV is good enough ?

The point is that all that you raised come as standard equipment in the Stinger... it's moot isn't it?

Interesting Motortrend (US Magazine) article which compares the Stinger against some of the key German players by the numbers on the track.

How does the Stinger Stack Up

"No, Kia wants a piece of the Germans. After all, the Stinger GT has a hatchback like the smaller Audi A5 Sportback or BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe. (The more appropriately sized Audi A7 is $69,000, in case you were wondering.)

The Audi A5 is $43,000 to start, and your only option is the 252-hp 2.0-liter turbo-four. Based on results of the lighter A4, it’s slower, but like the Charger, it just pips the Kia on the skidpad and figure eight. But it’s substantially smaller.

The BMW is also smaller but can be had with a turbo I-6 with 320 hp for about $50,000. Based on our test of the lighter 340i sedan, the 440i Gran Coupe is slower than the Kia, full stop.

Mercedes-Benz doesn’t make a hatchback sedan (yet), but to smoke the Kia, you’d need to spring for the $54,000 C43 AMG, which clips the Kia in every test but is, again, a smaller package.

In other words, the Kia can hang with the big dogs and might have carved out a pretty sharp niche."

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia/stinger/2018/2018-kia-stinger-gt-first-test-review/

Lol. Look at bmw i8....1.5l....supercharged hybrid...but impressive horsey and torque and FC...

Look, if i got that kind of money, might as well i top up more go and get some Maserati-ish car. 

Look, if i got that kind of money, might as well i top up more go and get some Maserati-ish car.

The i8 cost 600k~ I don't think you need to top up for a Maserati.

The i8 cost 600k~ I don't think you need to top up for a Maserati.

wanna praise this post. but not enough points haha.

For a 1.5 turbocharged hybrid! i guess the choice is clear for me and my budget. I can buy 4 x kia stinger with the amount. 

The point is that all that you raised come as standard equipment in the Stinger... it's moot isn't it?

Its only moot point ONLY when the decided specs for SG is the exact same that you see everywhere else in the world.

Else its just taken out of context.

Interesting Motortrend (US Magazine) article which compares the Stinger against some of the key German players by the numbers on the track.

How does the Stinger Stack Up

"No, Kia wants a piece of the Germans. After all, the Stinger GT has a hatchback like the smaller Audi A5 Sportback or BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe. (The more appropriately sized Audi A7 is $69,000, in case you were wondering.)

The Audi A5 is $43,000 to start, and your only option is the 252-hp 2.0-liter turbo-four. Based on results of the lighter A4, it’s slower, but like the Charger, it just pips the Kia on the skidpad and figure eight. But it’s substantially smaller.

The BMW is also smaller but can be had with a turbo I-6 with 320 hp for about $50,000. Based on our test of the lighter 340i sedan, the 440i Gran Coupe is slower than the Kia, full stop.

Mercedes-Benz doesn’t make a hatchback sedan (yet), but to smoke the Kia, you’d need to spring for the $54,000 C43 AMG, which clips the Kia in every test but is, again, a smaller package.

In other words, the Kia can hang with the big dogs and might have carved out a pretty sharp niche."

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia/stinger/2018/2018-kia-stinger-gt-first-test-review/

comparing a 3.3lt engine that may never see the daylights in Singapore may just be an academic exercise.

I do agree that its good. but doing donuts and figure 8 is just half the story. The other half is living with it on a day to day 

I too had a good feeling om the genesis coupe 2.0 vs a BRZ / A86. Never arrived. even after it got improved upon and face lifted

Edited by Sdf4786k

I believe they PI for Alfa Romeo Gulia 2.0 with 280 bhp.

Now they have the 505bhp QV on display too.

There's also Maserati.

I'd think they are a credible PI, along with TTS Eurocars, since both of them have been ex ADs.

Turbocharged

All I can say is CNC Kia confirm is bringing in Stinger

And then the question is, how much will it cost?

And will it be barebones?

• Praise 1

This Stinger is a beast.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=17761

The Kia Stinger is a long-awaited bold and ballsy Korean grand turismo that will go head on with the German trademarks.

17761_p1_s_1.jpg
The Kia Stinger is indeed a bold departure from the Korean carmaker that brought us cars like the Kia Soul and the Kia Carens

17761_p1_s_2.jpg
spacer.gif
The badge that reminds you that this isn't any ordinary Kia you're piloting
That's to say this isn't just another mainstream model that's targeted at the likes of the Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Altis or the Ford Mondeo and the Volkswagen Passat, even if it should rightfully be so.

Instead, the slender five-door coupe with a razor-sharp name that you see here is a prim and proper Grand Turismo (GT) that charges into a more prestigious and desirable realm that's governed by cars like the Audi A5 Sportback and the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe.

You, thus, could say that the Kia Stinger is somewhat a car that comes from the most unlikely of carmakers in the business. But that doesn't mean it's putting on a pair of sneakers that's a couple of sizes too big for its own good. After all, one of the most gratifying phenomena in the car business is when a super group of engineers and designers of an underdog of a carmaker comes together and makes a car that's super enough to blow our minds.

In this slightly exaggerated illustration, the Kia Stinger could well fit into it flawlessly. By looks alone, the GT possesses a dynamic mixture that's pummeling, harmonious and giddily frantic all at once, with its low stance, long hood and wide bodied stance that appears like it will gobble up kilometres of tarmac within seconds. 

The instantly recognisable 'tiger-nose' grille, sharp LED headlamps, and air intake up front give the Stinger a distinct aesthetic, while quad tailpipes at the back summarise the Stinger's strong and confidence appearance.

17761_p1_s_3.jpg
spacer.gif
The Stinger has an interior that's clearly made by enthusiasts
Speaking of strong and confident, the cabin, as we've seen during the launch, clearly shows just how much more luxurious and engaging the Stinger really is compared to the rest of the cars in its stable. 

With the vibrant 7.0-inch or 8.0-inch infotainment display (depending on variant) taking centre stage and generous room to spare for the average Asian adults at the back, the car is clearly a fork in a world of spoons, where it stands out positively proud.

At launch, there are three variants available - the 3.3-litre and 2.0-litre petrol as well as the 2.2-litre diesel. The top-of-the-line 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged V6 variant will smash the century sprint within 4.9 seconds while the 2.0-litre turbocharged four-pot will do the same in a respectable six seconds flat. To put this into a clearer perspective, the figure from the 2.0-litre model is as fast as the Audi A5 Sportback while the juicer 3.3-litre is faster than the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe 440i

The said 3.3-litre powerplant will serve up a generous dose of 370bhp and 510Nm of torque to its rear wheels. The 2.0-litre variant, on the other hand, is capable of a saucy 247 beefy Korean horses and 353Nm of twisting force.

However, the 3.3-litre will only be available on an indent basis for Singapore. Cycle & Carriage - Kia's official distributor - will be focusing on the smaller but no less feisty 2.0-litre variant when it's being shown to the public at next year's Singapore Motor Show on the second week of January. Both variants are happily married to an eight-speed automatic gearbox.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6