KIA Stinger GT

Jzachlee

i think its just one guy going around disliking people. doesnt stop us from liking the Stinger.

the stinger has alot of good quality stuff in there. Why would one discriminate on the brand / car.

Unless that person is a Sales from another brand..

I recall there was one psychopath that go around scratching nissan sunny .. my bro also kanna and it was a 3year old car somemore.. damn sicko man..

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just wanna share my GT test drive experience.

The car ticks all my checkboxes for size, design and practicality.

Interior build quality is good, save for the cheap center boss plastic and the ugly Kia badge at the steering wheel. The centre console where the gear shift is - it's wobbly when you shake it.

The steering feels firm, unlike the over assisted ones in most jap cars. Pottering along at normal speeds, the car is quiet and comfortable.

Pedal all the way down, the car comes alive. The engine note is good. Smooth and melodious and yet not beng. I wound down the windows to hear what it's like from the outside. The grunt is audible and gentlemanly and I'm sure a good aftermarket exhaust will make the car sing better.

The kickdown response is almost immediate and there's little lag. I didn't have a chance to test handling much due to traffic, but it's ok cos I don't usually drive fast at small winding roads.

It's the cornering when taking filter lanes that I tested, and as I exited the filter lanes the rear tailspinned a little when I stomped. There's just too much power sent behind and drivers who are too used to FWD may find this unsettling.

A major niggle is I noticed a bit of rattling sounds during the test drive. There is no complete manual override option. Meaning to say, I can't put the gear level into full manual mode and just use the paddle shifters.

Sound system wise, I didn't really try but it sounded sub par which is to be expected for a stock system.

Comparing the drive experience between this and the 280 BHP Alfa Giulia Veloce, I'd say that the power, sound of the engine, and interior cabin feel is better for the GT.

The Alfa wins in terms of handling and driving feel, for the big aluminum paddle shifters greatly enhance the experience although I suspect most drivers won't use it.

Looks wise, both are nice but Alfa wins on badge appeal for me. Both have the adaptive suspension, LSD (although I don't know if the GT's is mechanical), Brembo brakes.

The GT is the more VFM car imo, save for the road tax and possible FC, but at 30k less than the Veloce with more power, more speed, more space, it is a rather compelling car.

Now just eagerly waiting for @benoit16 and @emilyp to provide FR on their real world driving and FC figures.

Wah, you finally test drive.. 

You have to wait till at least end of next month, no updates yet on when the car will arrive yet.. 

• Praise 2

Wah, you finally test drive..

You have to wait till at least end of next month, no updates yet on when the car will arrive yet..

yes.. seems mine is March production so likely April/may :( anyway mine is 2.0 GT Line hehe
  • Praise 1

Where was the event?  [confused]

Think there was some stinger event on last Friday at suntec, just wondering any new owners that bought from the event in this forum as well haha.. 

This coming Friday there will be a stinger party organised by cnc.location cannot be revealed

this one

Think there was some stinger event on last Friday at suntec, just wondering any new owners that bought from the event in this forum as well haha.. 

only specific age and occupation person was invited.

Where was the event?  [confused]

only for the preferred audience.. limited space.

Where was the event? [confused]

I have the details as I was invited and also RSVP.

Had to skip in the end through due to family reasons.

So not sure what went on there anyway hehe

besides if I went it was just for another chance to see the stinger again while waiting for mine

besides if I went it was just for another chance to see the stinger again while waiting for mine

i would have RSVP but my fridays were tied up.

Supersonic

So it's a private event...  [:(]

How the Stinger fares as a daily driver...most reviews devote very little to this but most of the time this is what everybody use a car like this for 

Edited by Cttan456
  • Praise 2

Long distance driving has a way of revealing things about a car (good or bad) that short drives can't...another informative review..kinda long but its a long distance drive after all..

Another long-term review from Redline Reviews...surprised that he commented that the Stinger's in house 8-speed transmission is better than the Infiniti's and Lexus's and rivals the 8-speed ZF... man these guys can have so much fun with their cars (at a fraction of our cost) that we can only dream about...envy envy envy

Edited by Cttan456
  • Praise 1

Another long-term review from Redline Reviews...surprised that he commented that the Stinger's in house 8-speed transmission is better than the Infiniti's and Lexus's and rivals the 8-speed ZF... man these guys can have so much fun with their cars (at a fraction of our cost) that we can only dream about...envy envy envy

Looks like Bell’s palsy