Your car buying decision process

Tianmo

Actually most important on forum is to ask those things not easily found online but need real human experience. Things like real world FC, can fit 1/2 baby seats, sit 4 people can go up mscp or not, how easy to attract girls at club.....

• Praise 1

èªå¤....è±éé¾è¿ç¾äººå³... å°¤å¶é£äºæ¿è®¤èªå·±æ¯ tiko ç..

自古英雄爱美女...对

但那些狗熊也爱美女啊

天魔是英雄还是狗熊

• Praise 1

u have been mixing with that @vratenza too much......nb.... :grin:

Wah lau..... Kenna pager 6 times in one morning....and all nothing to do with me one...

Next time call my HP if you miss me lah... Kns...

• Praise 1

Buying car process for me is as following sequence

1. Budget

2. Brand

3. Made in which country

4. Specs/Features

This will also relate to the resale value

• Praise 1

自古英雄爱美女...对

但那些狗熊也爱美女啊

天魔是英雄还是狗熊

Wah lau..... Kenna pager 6 times in one morning....and all nothing to do with me one...

Next time call my HP if you miss me lah... Kns...

• Praise 1

Actually one thing I notice when I buy car from the AD is location and the coffee/ amenities provided. Reason is because I normally send my car to AD for servicing

1) is location convenient? If it is an ulu place I will think harder

2) if the environment is bad, consider the fact that you might be waiting there while you are waiting for your car while it is being serviced

3) if the coffee is poor (not the taste) meaning the coffee machine is not well maintained it is a red flag on how thorough they are with the cars. Because I am a believer that how you maintain items in your office is generally consistent so if you are lax on cleanliness or cleaning the coffee machine you are also likely to be lax in maintaining the car.

For the car itself

1) I will seat inside it in the showroom to see the legroom and space both in front and back

2) check the boot space

I don't usually have a fixed model in my mind just maybe saloon car with this budget so I do go around looking at different showrooms. I do believe in test drive but not much emphasis because to me it is pointless. What are you hoping to see? The pickup is good? But you are not buying the test drive car so the test drive car might be good but your actual new car might just be a lemon. To see if all the buttons and gears are easy to reach? Can easily check it out in the showroom and less pressure cos the SE is not next to you commenting this and that.

And in other news @Tianmo no longer writes with ....... so at least one person is keeping to his new year's resolution.

• Praise 2

Actually one thing I notice when I buy car from the AD is location and the coffee/ amenities provided. Reason is because I normally send my car to AD for servicing

1) is location convenient? If it is an ulu place I will think harder

2) if the environment is bad, consider the fact that you might be waiting there while you are waiting for your car while it is being serviced

3) if the coffee is poor (not the taste) meaning the coffee machine is not well maintained it is a red flag on how thorough they are with the cars. Because I am a believer that how you maintain items in your office is generally consistent so if you are lax on cleanliness or cleaning the coffee machine you are also likely to be lax in maintaining the car.

For the car itself

1) I will seat inside it in the showroom to see the legroom and space both in front and back

2) check the boot space

I don't usually have a fixed model in my mind just maybe saloon car with this budget so I do go around looking at different showrooms. I do believe in test drive but not much emphasis because to me it is pointless. What are you hoping to see? The pickup is good? But you are not buying the test drive car so the test drive car might be good but your actual new car might just be a lemon. To see if all the buttons and gears are easy to reach? Can easily check it out in the showroom and less pressure cos the SE is not next to you commenting this and that.

And in other news @Tianmo no longer writes with ....... so at least one person is keeping to his new year's resolution.

it's not a new yr resolution bro, I just promise to get it cure and fix until CNY. it's coming bk in Feb. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Service :

Important aspect if you opt for AD servicing.

Can they handle the load - eg ask the rep how long does it take to get a scheduled servicing?

How many car types do they handle?

Eg Wearnes now handles 6 brands or more, and will their mechanics be able to handle odd and unusual issues?

How long has the car been on the market - any quirks, and are parts easily available. 

On a separate note:

Looking at all these accident videos, IMHO, one consideration for a new car:

Get one where you will live to see your family..

Any accident you can walk away from is a good one. So please pay attention to the safety feature of the car.

Don't let the temptation on saving on airbags and other features get to you, and instead opt for some leather seats instead. 

• Praise 1

Based solely on servicing location, I will buy a ford. Can walk to IKEA shop while it is being serviced.

Actually any ADs at leng keng area also not far from IKEA la. Lol.

• Praise 1

test ride ....

hmmm ...

you prefer infront or behind ?

the seat infront or the seat behind i mean ...

comfort levels do differ depending on the suspension [:p]

If wanna buy, will consult u first =)

tio hor !!

Did not cross my mind ! too excited when see " test ride " liao. :a-bang:

u need to check with your darling liao. :a-sing:

I am outsider, cannot interfere with your" domestic ' thing too much :a-no:

Wei....u think until where le, use hp, small screen and working, sometimes cannot type in full sentences leh, meant test THE ride [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3