Your car buying decision process

Tianmo

Chio or not got difference meh?

Free eye candy then see lor. But make decision still must use big head la.

Can use both small and big heads better still ... haha
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes, can plan and calculate many many but in the end, for all my cars (especially since I boh gao lui always buy used cars), the deciding factor was 缘分 

Sometimes, when buying a car, must also use some gut feel and see if you can connect to your "wife" for this short 10 years or less marriage. 

When I bought my first used car, went down to several used car dealers to see the shortlisted ones, all Cannot Make It.

On the 2nd day of car viewing, happened to chance upon a car that was not on my list,  (but within my budget) and also a Manual instead of Auto, test drove, did some background checks on the servicing history, car history through another car forum (owner posted photo of car when he bought it brand new & added so many accessories), and low mileage, negotiated the price and the rest is history.  [:p]

For their domestic produced cars (foreign brands like VW), maybe 1/3 to 1/2 price compared to Singapore. For imported models and very high end cars, price can be quite close to us (before our 180% ARF tax rule change).

Overall, compared to USA or Germany/UK, not that cheap.

Some big cities also have a car ownership COE thing which cost about SGD15k-20k. But it lasts you a LIFETIME.

Not sure how the cars are priced in China but if SG cars were priced like in USA, think 90% of the forum here will also buy a car as if they are going to the market.

Huh? You are 11 years old only? School holidays over already leh.  :D

But you still own a car right?

I saw one documentary on China consumers. One young ah siah kiah walked in car showroom, sees the car he likes, paid and drove off. All within an hour.

I told my son, wah they buy car just like I go market buy meat and vege.

yup, I bought 2 cars for my staff in Fujian a few years back, nobody talk abt taking loan. Is auto assume buy on cash, no need to buy insurance also.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Based on recent my recent purchase process :

1) My need for large boot, looking at stationwagons only.

2) Interior space needs to fit me comfortably.

3) More than 150hp car.

4) Features which I want, cruise control, HID lights, electric seats for both driver and passenger, electronic parking brake preferred, electric tailgate, drop down rear seats and good sound insulation(heavy door).

5) Warranty, servicing and stockist availability.

6) Price, within my wallet ability for downpayment.

So basically narrow down to a few contenders................Mz6 Wagon, Levorg, i40 and A6 Avant(second hand). Although CLS Shooting Brake was dream car after watching Vicky introduce it in 5th Gear, no money for it.

If given the choice between Levorg and Mz6 Wagon, only ... which would you choose and why? ...

Coz his mind too distracted keep wondering when the buttons of the SE's often too tight blouse gonna pop...

Distracted then don't buy lor. Say you go home think about it.

Can always decide later...

If given the choice between Levorg and Mz6 Wagon, only ... which would you choose and why? ...

Levorg - Great handling and drive. But lack of interior space for my size and features.

Mz6 Wagon - Drive was not so great, felt underpowered. Cannot turn off auto start/stop. Boot space smaller for its size and high loading height. Interior features were good.

I will choose the Levorg cos Mz6 Wagon really felt underpowered.

I intend to buy this.  Can someone help me on the FC/Handling/parts?

Limpeh have $$ remember? :XD:  :XD:

post-547-0-57456300-1484185356_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

That one will be considered imported used.

SAF has all the service records...can ask ah Heng for it. But I'm sure the weaponry are sold separately. Can always try to bargain for extra jelly can, breakdown sign to sweeten the deal.

• Praise 1

I intend to buy this.  Can someone help me on the FC/Handling/parts?

Limpeh have $$ remember? :XD:  :XD:

attachicon.gifTerrex_Alibaba.jpg

KNN, can go start a new thread or not?  <_<

Er, i think no, start one on FC, one on parts, WS thread you can start later when warranty expire.  [:p]  [laugh]

wait wait, cb can you not have 1 thread for everything? 

• Praise 1

KNN, can go start a new thread or not?  <_<

Er, i think no, start one on FC, one on parts, WS thread you can start later when warranty expire.  [:p]  [laugh]

wait wait, cb can you not have 1 thread for everything? 

okok..i start a NEW section purely for 'what car to buy?terrrex? mother want? MIL want? Dog want?'  

ALL FIT IN THAT SECTION

Think no one will wana offer 3rd party insurance for this   :XD:

no need insurance lah...anyone langga...ownself jialat...haaaaaaaaaaaa

Think no one will wana offer 3rd party insurance for this   :XD:

comprehensive also nobody want to sell to him, he cfm everyday travel opposite direction. Travel jam he travel over other vehicles. [:p]  [:p]  [:p]  

okok..i start a NEW section purely for 'what car to buy?terrrex? mother want? MIL want? Dog want?'  

ALL FIT IN THAT SECTION

idea is best, bester, bestest.  [thumbsup]  [laugh]

guarantee bid, non guarantee bid, overtrade, CEVS, coe, taxes, smlj also put on the title better. [:p]  

That one will be considered imported used.

SAF has all the service records...can ask ah Heng for it. But I'm sure the weaponry are sold separately. Can always try to bargain for extra jelly can, breakdown sign to sweeten the deal.

I think free gift they can give bed and pillow plus blanket, mayb if price right can throw in 1 or 2 ATB also.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

IMHO, we don't need to get all snarky when someone asks for help.

Be it a car, audio system, TV or phone, sometimes a new pair of eyes helps to identify issues they have not seen.

Not everyone is a pro, changes their cars more often than underwear.

Many may new, and do not have the kind of experience, or unadulterated opinion, and simply want a personal view from another owner.

Ask ourselves?

If a potential car buyer becomes afraid to start a thread asking for help in a car forum, then what good is the car forum?

Merely for EDMW type posts, mocking the poster?

Surely we as members can do better.

It isn't isolated to this forum, but sometimes new members do post a new thread and they may or may have done a search. It's not uncommon for half a dozen members to descend on the poor newbie and what does that do?

Does it mean that the forum only for the preserve of seniors, experienced posters, and must the newbie come with all the work done, knowledge in the bag? If so, then he won't need to post.

We might as well lock up the membership, and only offer it to people who have driven half a dozen cars, have a budget > 200k and have 10 years driving experience..

IMHO, let's open our hearts, minds and keyboards. Sure, it's a little annoying to see the same question posted, say twice in a week, but that's what forums sometimes face. 

A FAQ helps, but posting etiquette can be taught, reminded, in a gently way. Who knows, the next Schumacher is lurking in SG, waiting to ask a few questions, and we have our next Schooling on the track, winning F1 in future, simply because a kind soul here, set him/her on their way...

Food for thought bros, and have a good weekend ahead! 

Cheers  :mellow:

• Praise 3

IMHO, we don't need to get all snarky when someone asks for help.

Be it a car, audio system, TV or phone, sometimes a new pair of eyes helps to identify issues they have not seen.

Not everyone is a pro, changes their cars more often than underwear.

Many may new, and do not have the kind of experience, or unadulterated opinion, and simply want a personal view from another owner.

Ask ourselves?

If a potential car buyer becomes afraid to start a thread asking for help in a car forum, then what good is the car forum?

Merely for EDMW type posts, mocking the poster?

Surely we as members can do better.

It isn't isolated to this forum, but sometimes new members do post a new thread and they may or may have done a search. It's not uncommon for half a dozen members to descend on the poor newbie and what does that do?

Does it mean that the forum only for the preserve of seniors, experienced posters, and must the newbie come with all the work done, knowledge in the bag? If so, then he won't need to post.

We might as well lock up the membership, and only offer it to people who have driven half a dozen cars, have a budget > 200k and have 10 years driving experience..

IMHO, let's open our hearts, minds and keyboards. Sure, it's a little annoying to see the same question posted, say twice in a week, but that's what forums sometimes face. 

A FAQ helps, but posting etiquette can be taught, reminded, in a gently way. Who knows, the next Schumacher is lurking in SG, waiting to ask a few questions, and we have our next Schooling on the track, winning F1 in future, simply because a kind soul here, set him/her on their way...

Food for thought bros, and have a good weekend ahead! 

Cheers  :mellow:

good that you realised your folly and dunno why you defending your stance when it was an open thread started by @tianmo!  few points here that members are reiterating:

1. nobody is questioning nor denying you the right to ask.  PPL got pissed as you already made your mind and posted here for what alone, God knows

2.  When ppl give you areas that can be improved, there was an air of defence as well as rebuttals that DID NOT sync with YOUR thinking.  Dun expect ppl to then reply any further.  Folks give their opinions, and thats it, no need to even rebut

3.  The thread started as a post and ppl gave their views, yet seemed your stance was firm, be it mother, SE, whatever, then again, WTF you ask for

4.  To the bolded!  I have warned you before...SEARCH!  If every other poster comes here, asking the same thing over and again, then what are archives for? For crying out loud, fragmented threads make it more irritating

FInally, nobody put a gun to your head to post nor participate.  Do not like, so be it.  We do have genuine, and I dO MEAN GENUINE ppl asking for help and we DO help!  So do not come here with any entitlement mentality bossing HOW a FORUM should work

Good day to you too!

To add, it takes 2 to be gracious and let's all work to that.  I have moderated this forum for 5 years now and it has been maintained and regimented through to curb unnecessary bandwidth

↡ Advertisement