Your car buying decision process

Tianmo

if one spend sometime to do a search in the sections, 80% of the answers are there. Many fundamental can be found also, if one can log in and ask a question, I dont see the difficulties in spending sometime to read through the forum before asking. -_-

generally agree, but sometimes overzealous due to encounter new stuffs wanna ask / share then posted w/o searching. i kena before but realized only after a year or so, so requested mod to help merge.

talk about search, will it be possible to program a function to prompt for search or upon setting title of new topic list down existing threads with similar keyword in title for participating before allowing another selection for "continue with start new thread"..

cut them some slack n monitor, also i think not difficult to just merge right?

more important is other codes of conduct like no spamming, cyber-bullying, defamation (esp against u-know-who / what), flaming..

ok ok back to topic..

Edited by Fuelsaver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

SUV higher?

ya, imagine my 84 yr old mom sit in a 2 door spork car...torture TTM..hahahah..

Yes, difficulty in getting in and out of car for SUV. 

The climbing up and down part. 

Not only in China.

In all other parts of the world is like that one. If you watch Wheeler Dealers, can see Mike always give full cash offer and drive the car away on the spot. Be it in UK, Europe or US or in other parts of the world(Wheeler Dealers : Trading Up). He show you how to flip cars from a start of 5,000 pounds to finally a Ferrari.

i reply u edmw style - pay full cash to drive new car out of showroom NAO.. lololol...

if can will like to do that, no strings attached, no uncertainties.. n can wait till last min change car!!

now this thread slowly becoming haolian thread..

I think the main concern is still budget. If got buying power of course can talk about buying based on priorities.

Got money = got more choices

Needless to say with less budget the choices get very limited and making decision becomes tough becos too much to compromise. I think this is where ppl are having trouble to make a decision. COE price is high, time to change car is drawing near....panic. To buy or not to buy? Renew coe? Buy used? Downgrade?

Most likely many have to downgrade to what they used o be driving now....if they want to buy new. Buy used, a lot of issues to deal with, time consuming. Back when COE was low you notice less ppl ask what car to get. I think car dealers are having a tough time as well given the dwindling coe quota, car population stagnation.

Ppl only look forward to buying bigger better cars. With the same money now they have to make much compromise. They have become lost. Just look at the questions posted in the forum.

bro, good observation..

governing party nvr recruit u as new minster ah?

u just spoke my mind..

i just felt it's not worth buying a new car when u get lotsa compromise after paying 6-figure.. normally this amount looking at decent conti or higher end asian cars.. look what we getting now - hard plastics, no drl, inadequate safety features, lousy sound system, local fitments, less upmarket fitments.. if have to compromise so much, then should only pay 2009 car price..

When I really view a car, my mind is more or less made up. All my cars I bought, decision made on the spot or the next day. 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 2

Actually it's the 'hip point'..

The closest SUV was the HRV, which has a lowered hip point compared to say a Forester.

But from a medical and muscle point, the thigh muscles get weaker, and it's harder to use the forearm biceps to pull oneself up from a low slung car. A higher entry sill like a X3 or higher requires the older person to climb in. It's easier than pulling up and out of the car, but it's not that easy either.

So the best option is to have a car where the elderly can slide their butt sideways into the car... hard to imagine for our fit and able young folks, but when we arrive at that age, it will be easy to comprehend :)

Nod nod. My vezel height just nice for my 80yo mum. Seated she can just use her hands to lift her legs into the rear seat.

Sedan too low for her. Conventional SUV too high for her.

• Praise 1

lidat sienta sure win - low boarding height of 330-350mm, widest opening & tallest floor to ceiling height in its class..

that's if one doesn't mind to compromise on hard plastics, mediocre speakers, cloth headliner, poorer driver ergonomics etc. for sliding doors n led lighting.

Supercharged

i was just thinking, instead of every now and then we see ppl asking this car or that car, why not we have a place to share all our buying decision process. Everyone has a different buying process, depending on priority. So share share here what is yours.

in fact its quite funny to see ppl copy and paste technical information, when sgcarmart has a function where we can compare 3-4 cars side by side. It even has a green tick to indicate which car has the best feature in that comparison.

I think a compile thread of a buying process may help some who have no idea what they want. But they want to buy.

What i use:

want/need recognition

I want to change car/I need to change car.

deadline.

My budget (fix range), any price below or above is out.

type of car

New or used

Information collection

searching the internal for information related to the range identified from step 1

short list

Evaluation

test drive

feel the car

features and requirements.

final short list

Finally, negotiate and BUY the one you like most!

from 1000cc to 3500cc, from new cars to 9 yr old cars, there are at least a few hundred models to choose from. $90000 cash can buy you a brand new PRC made car in full cash, it can also buy you a used big conti car with a loan. Not to mention the inbetweens.

So have a buying process, it can help you save alot of time and headache. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Bro, didn't know u can be so participative other than chatting in the "ahem" threads. LOL

To be relevant to your hobby, I choose car like u choose the KTV gal. Price (the tips) not so important. Must have the "feel" with the gal first. No feel, how cheap the tips is, also no use. Will shoo her away.... Lol

• Praise 3

Bro, didn't know u can be so participative other than chatting in the "ahem" threads. LOL

To be relevant to your hobby, I choose car like u choose the KTV gal. Price (the tips) not so important. Must have the "feel" with the gal first. No feel, how cheap the tips is, also no use. Will shoo her away.... Lol

so you go MAcdonalds to test drive ha,....hmmmmmm...bloody tiko u :a-m1524:  :a-m1524:

Supercharged

so you go MAcdonalds to test drive ha,....hmmmmmm...bloody tiko u :a-m1524::a-m1524:

Oh man... U got elephant memory!

I cheapo, not like tianmo. Can only afford Mac. No need tips. It's FREE.... lol

generally agree, but sometimes overzealous due to encounter new stuffs wanna ask / share then posted w/o searching. i kena before but realized only after a year or so, so requested mod to help merge.

talk about search, will it be possible to program a function to prompt for search or upon setting title of new topic list down existing threads with similar keyword in title for participating before allowing another selection for "continue with start new thread"..

cut them some slack n monitor, also i think not difficult to just merge right?

more important is other codes of conduct like no spamming, cyber-bullying, defamation (esp against u-know-who / what), flaming..

ok ok back to topic..

KNN, after 1 year act blur liao lah.  [laugh]

Actually I do agree with you that we sometimes get overzealous. After all Car and property are 2 very big ticket items we may purchase in our life, but we also need to learn to control ourselves and not get too carried away. You think I not excited meh? I just tahan and act cool only.  [:p]

as to those in red, I think is just part of forum life, it was there, it is there, and it will be there. Thats the job of mods to take care liao.  ^_^

Oh man... U got elephant memory!

I cheapo, not like tianmo. Can only afford Mac. No need tips. It's FREE.... lol

u have been mixing with that @vratenza too much......nb.... :grin:

(edited)

KNN, nut, I am driver too hor!  [:p]

I got some good threads and contribution posts also one hor, although I admit 90% of my posts are cocks and rubbish.  <_<

But i like, in fact very like the way you compare your choose car to my choose KTV gal. Tips is secondary, "FEELING" (must use HK accent) is the top priority. [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 

Nabey, tahan until page 6, you cum and add ahem. But page 6 is consider very good liao, I expected page 2.   [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

Supercharged

KNN, nut, I am driver too hor! [:p]

I got some good threads and contribution posts also one hor, although I admit 90% of my posts are cocks and rubbish. <_<

But i like, in fact very like the way you compare your choose car to my choose KTV gal. Tips is secondary, "FEELING" (must use HK accent) is the top priority. [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Nabey, tahan until page 6, you cum and add ahem. But page 6 is consider very good liao, I expected page 2. [laugh]

I must let ppl have a very good impression of you mah.... LOL

too late by about 35 years aldy....hor @tianmo  :a-admin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

My impression here is too bad for that little good to help. its like throw ice into the south china sea!.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

But still I want to thank you many many!  ^_^  :a-good:

too late by about 35 years aldy....hor @tianmo  :a-admin:  :grin:  :grin:  

yah lor, I told you i was a good boy, grow up mix with bad ppl.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement