Perodua Bezza

Cypher

Supersonic

Ok, so have you bought a Bezza? I tested the auto version and I was not impressed. And I am not comparing it with Altis which I know cost $30K more. I am highlighting my point as in just bcos it uses a Toyota engine and hence the mentality that it is a Toyota underneath the skin is not a fair assumption. To be honest, I am not surprised with the poor sales. With another 10k more, you have Attrage, Mazda 2 and Nissan Note to choose.  

No I didn't. I went for a test drive on the auto version and unfortunately it failed to win me over. Don't just look at paper spec, go experience it yourself.  

So you are not impressed on which area of the bezza le? Havent test drive this car yet, but i have drove myvi and viva before in malaysia, find myvi drive not bad and consider quite a decent car for a malaysia made lo.

• Praise 1

So you are not impressed on which area of the bezza le? Havent test drive this car yet, but i have drove myvi and viva before in malaysia, find myvi drive not bad and consider quite a decent car for a malaysia made lo.

My feedback after 15 mins of test drive:

-weak aircon

-poor sound insulation

-a bit of rattling from steering wheel side. I won't generalize it as it might occur to that particular test unit only.

-slow pick up, despite only 3 passengers in the car during test drive

Interior design I leave it to you to judge. Some will say is a budget car can't expect much blah blah..so again I leave it to individual.

I am just sharing my humble feedback. If you think all the above are acceptable for a car of this price, please go ahead. No one is stopping you.

My feedback after 15 mins of test drive:

-weak aircon

-poor sound insulation

-a bit of rattling from steering wheel side. I won't generalize it as it might occur to that particular test unit only.

-slow pick up, despite only 3 passengers in the car during test drive

Interior design I leave it to you to judge. Some will say is a budget car can't expect much blah blah..so again I leave it to individual.

I am just sharing my humble feedback. If you think all the above are acceptable for a car of this price, please go ahead. No one is stopping you.

What's your impression on the Attrage since this is its direct competitor hence apples to apples comparison?
  • Praise 1

Its the engine made by Toyota or they just use the design?

Its engine is by Toyota for Daihatsu which in turn is used by Perodua. Its made in MY.

What's your impression on the Attrage since this is its direct competitor hence apples to apples comparison?

Sorry I can't comment as I have not tested the Attrage.

(edited)

Its engine is by Toyota for Daihatsu which in turn is used by Perodua. Its made in MY.

Oic... Agent seems like not aggressive in their marketing... Seldom see new perodua on the road...wonder how many axia and bezza they have sold so far... Edited by currypuff

Oic... Agent seems like not aggressive in their marketing... Seldom see new perodua on the road...wonder how many axia and bezza they have sold so far...

Based on last month LTA record, around 30+ Bezzas otr. Should be more this month.

Anyway go for a test drive. The Improved Version sold currently makes the interior a bit better than the one during launch period. Imagine the earlier batch owners feelings when the time difference is only 3 mths.

My suggestion if you decide to get one. Change the Head Unit to improve the dated look a bit. More like the Advanced version which is not available here..

Turbocharged

To each his own.

Bezza is a class above Attrage. Not  a fair comparison.

Bezza – 1.3l, 4 cylinder, 16V

Attrage – 1.2l, 3 cylinder, 12V

• Praise 1

(edited)

The Bezza is designed for very good economy by reducing weight.

So they took out all the noise insulation and padding so noise vibration and refinement is really poor.

This car is designed to put thousands of Malaysians on the road in a sedan with a big boot with a small budget.

I heard driving in the wet you can hear the water splash on the wheel arch.

If people drive uber this is a great car for economy.

But if people want better refinement and don't mind spending 1 to 2 k can go JB and get 3-6k of sound proofing added.

For very basic entry level transport this is a fantastic car but not for the person happy to spend 30k more for something more upmarket.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Based on last month LTA record, around 30+ Bezzas otr. Should be more this month.

Anyway go for a test drive. The Improved Version sold currently makes the interior a bit better than the one during launch period. Imagine the earlier batch owners feelings when the time difference is only 3 mths.

My suggestion if you decide to get one. Change the Head Unit to improve the dated look a bit. More like the Advanced version which is not available here..

Whats the improvement on the interior?

To each his own.

Bezza is a class above Attrage. Not a fair comparison.

Bezza â 1.3l, 4 cylinder, 16V

Attrage â 1.2l, 3 cylinder, 12V

Not trying to disagree with you but Bezza and Attrage are in the same Segment A category. Up north Proton Saga is in the same segment. Thats why I only quote Attrage to compare.

Hi all,

Can we please restrict our discussion only for Bezza?

No point comparing with other makes and models.

We can't compare Audi A3 1.0 with Bezza even though they are in the same Cat A. Nor we will compare with Chery J3.

What we are looking for is the real and true experiences driving Bezza in Singapore roads.

Cheers.....

To add on, the SE who served me said they are not sure if they will continue selling Bezza after the new VES rule. She told me Bezza is currently entitled to 5k rebate under CEVS.

For potential buyers here, you might want to take this into your consideration.

Hi all,

Can we please restrict our discussion only for Bezza?

No point comparing with other makes and models.

We can't compare Audi A3 1.0 with Bezza even though they are in the same Cat A. Nor we will compare with Chery J3.

What we are looking for is the real and true experiences driving Bezza in Singapore roads.

Cheers.....

Not trying to digress from the topic but comparison with other similar Segment models are inevitable due to the nature of this thread discussion.

PS - Pls don't confuse Segment(Car classification) with CAT A. They are 2 different things. FYI, Audi A3 is C Segment.

Haha..the SE was humble enough to tell me the FC stated in paper (21km/L) is exaggerated. The realistic figure is about 16-17. Still not too bad actually.  

Spend $$ to do sound proofing? Then it defeat the purpose of cutting weight in the first place, right? Sounds like LPPL to me leh.

The Bezza is designed for very good economy by reducing weight.

So they took out all the noise insulation and padding so noise vibration and refinement is really poor.

This car is designed to put thousands of Malaysians on the road in a sedan with a big boot with a small budget.

I heard driving in the wet you can hear the water splash on the wheel arch.

If people drive uber this is a great car for economy.

But if people want better refinement and don't mind spending 1 to 2 k can go JB and get 3-6k of sound proofing added.

For very basic entry level transport this is a fantastic car but not for the person happy to spend 30k more for something more upmarket.

:D

(edited)

To add on, the SE who served me said they are not sure if they will continue selling Bezza after the new VES rule. She told me Bezza is currently entitled to 5k rebate under CEVS.

For potential buyers here, you might want to take this into your consideration.

FYI, the Bezza qualifies for 10k of CEVS rebate of which only 8.xk are used to offset.

That was what I was told too but maybe marketing talk? The engine in Bezza is new model variant. ECU retuned to get it to be Euro 6 compliant?

Haha..the SE was humble enough to tell me the FC stated in paper (21km/L) is exaggerated. The realistic figure is about 16-17. Still not too bad actually.

Spend $$ to do sound proofing? Then it defeat the purpose of cutting weight in the first place, right? Sounds like LPPL to me leh.

If really want to do SP, then that few extra kilos should be negligible. Can SP add up to 20kg? Anyone done SP can advise?

So how was the test drive experience?

Edited by Cypher
↡ Advertisement