Perodua Bezza

Cypher

FYI, the Bezza qualifies for 10k of CEVS rebate of which only 8.xk are used to offset.

That was what I was told too but maybe marketing talk? The engine in Bezza is new model variant. ECU retuned to get it to be Euro 6 compliant?

Thanks for correcting me.

Not sure if that was a marketing talk. In precise, she wasn't sure if they will have any car to sell after Sep. That doesn't sound like a marketing talk to me. Her look was like sian sian type, I hope it was bcos it was a Saturday morning and not bcos job uncertainty worry.

I won't assume new model = euro 6 compliant. If you observe, a few models have been discontinued.

Honda Jazz, Teana, Accord, these models are so recent. It looks to me the VES thingy is a big impact to dealers.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for correcting me.

Not sure if that was a marketing talk. In precise, she wasn't sure if they will have any car to sell after Sep. That doesn't sound like a marketing talk to me. Her look was like sian sian type, I hope it was bcos it was a Saturday morning and not bcos job uncertainty worry.

I won't assume new model = euro 6 compliant. If you observe, a few models have been discontinued.

Honda Jazz, Teana, Accord, these models are so recent. It looks to me the VES thingy is a big impact to dealers.

No issues bro, we are here to share info/tips.

The models you referred to, are the models equipped with new engine variant? Lately car manufacturers has been using the same engine for 2 or 3 model generations.

In my opinion, now is the best time to go in. Assuming all things equal (aka same COE level), without the CEVS rebate, they have to up the price by at least 5-10K. Otherwise they will lose money. Make sense?

So better to buy it while they are still available or?

• Praise 1

In my opinion, now is the best time to go in. Assuming all things equal (aka same COE level), without the CEVS rebate, they have to up the price by at least 5-10K. Otherwise they will lose money. Make sense?

No wonder the se sian sian.... Dont know when will need to tabao.... If they up the price then lagi difficult to sell...

What will happen to those customers who committed to 6 bid NG that cross over to Sept?

What to bid for if Bezza is not Euro-6?

Supercharged

What will happen to those customers who committed to 6 bid NG that cross over to Sept?

What to bid for if Bezza is not Euro-6?

Refund after 6 bids lor.. 

Supercharged
(edited)

sorry to ask, what will happen in Sept?

LTA to impose some Euro 6 standard?

How will it be an impact?

thanks for sharing

Edited by Kurty

Supercharged

sorry to ask, what will happen in Sept?

LTA to impose some Euro 6 standard?

How will it be an impact?

thanks for sharing

From Sep onwards, only cars that meet Euro 6 standard can be registered.. So if Bezza cannot meet Euro 6 then cannot sell liao lor.. 

Supercharged

From Sep onwards, only cars that meet Euro 6 standard can be registered.. So if Bezza cannot meet Euro 6 then cannot sell liao lor.. 

wow, really?

haha, didn't know about this.

Thank you for sharing.

What about existing cars?

will we be taxable further?

wow, really?

haha, didn't know about this.

Thank you for sharing.

What about existing cars?

will we be taxable further?

Heard that inspection will be more strict

This was what the AD told me as well. He said now is the best time to buy as comes September, we might not even know whether the car will be qualified under NEA EURO 6 standard requirement.

However, i Did some quick research and realise that Bezza might not even require to undergo the EURO 6 inspection based on the my following findings (although my findings can be wrong or misleading) :  

1) All petrol port fuel injection (PFI) vehicles are exempted from particulate matter and particle number limits under Euro 6 emission standards,” a spokesman said, adding that the agency will also accept Japan’s JPN2009 standard – the country’s closest equivalent to Euro 6.

Meanwhile, the exemption is likely to benefit the majority of Japanese and some Korean cars, and could give them an edge over equivalent European models in terms of how they are taxed. Toyota’s and Mitsubishi’s line-ups for instance, are all port fuel injected, as well as half of Honda’s line-up, and some Hyundai models.

Source from : http://www.torque.com.sg/17789/nea-clarifies-rules-new-vehicular-emissions-scheme/

2) Perodua Bezza engines – new 1.3 litre 1NR-VE Dual VVT-i, updated 4-speed auto

Source from: https://paultan.org/2016/07/16/perodua-bezza-engines-1-0-litre-1kr-ve-vvt-i-new-1-3-litre-1nr-ve-dual-vvt-i-updated-4-spd-auto/

3) 1NR-VE (1.3 EFI DVVT) - multi-point injection, variable valve timing for both camshafts. Daihatsu version for their own development models. Installed in: Avanza 650, Daihatsu Xenia.

Source from: http://toyota-club.net/files/faq/13-01-01_faq_nr-engine_eng.htm

4) Multipoint fuel injection (also called PFI, port fuel injection) injects fuel into the intake ports just upstream of each cylinder's intake valve, rather than at a central point within an intake manifold. MPI systems can be sequential, in which injection is timed to coincide with each cylinder's intake stroke; batched, in which fuel is injected to the cylinders in groups, without precise synchronization to any particular cylinder's intake stroke; or simultaneous, in which fuel is injected at the same time to all the cylinders. The intake is only slightly wet, and typical fuel pressure runs between 40-60 psi.

Source from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_injection#Multipoint_fuel_injection

If my assumption is correct, we can rule this Euro 6 Factor out even if the AD was to use this reason as one of their sales tactic to influence your decision as this car should be available for sale even after September. cheers :)

• Praise 2

What a lousy salesman argument.

Better buy now as next time I cannot sell any more cars.

So what about my warranty?

I no more selling so no warranty cover lah.

But you should buy now.

:D

(edited)

All these salesmen common sales talk... 1)Better buy now....price gonna up soon after new ruling ....2) Now having promotion... Price will increase after promotion....3) compared to last price, price has dropped a lot... Now is the best time to buy... 4) last batch liao...now special price cos we clearing stock...5) holiday sales... 6) weekend sales...hurry... 7) special price while stock last... Etc...

..... Need more praises.... Thank you thank you...

Edited by currypuff
  • Praise 2

This was what the AD told me as well. He said now is the best time to buy as comes September, we might not even know whether the car will be qualified under NEA EURO 6 standard requirement.

However, i Did some quick research and realise that Bezza might not even require to undergo the EURO 6 inspection based on the my following findings (although my findings can be wrong or misleading) :

1) âAll petrol port fuel injection (PFI) vehicles are exempted from particulate matter and particle number limits under Euro 6 emission standards,â a spokesman said, adding that the agency will also accept Japanâs JPN2009 standard â the countryâs closest equivalent to Euro 6.

Meanwhile, the exemption is likely to benefit the majority of Japanese and some Korean cars, and could give them an edge over equivalent European models in terms of how they are taxed. Toyotaâs and Mitsubishiâs line-ups for instance, are all port fuel injected, as well as half of Hondaâs line-up, and some Hyundai models.

Source from : http://www.torque.com.sg/17789/nea-clarifies-rules-new-vehicular-emissions-scheme/

2) Perodua Bezza engines â new 1.3 litre 1NR-VE Dual VVT-i, updated 4-speed auto

Source from: https://paultan.org/2016/07/16/perodua-bezza-engines-1-0-litre-1kr-ve-vvt-i-new-1-3-litre-1nr-ve-dual-vvt-i-updated-4-spd-auto/

3) 1NR-VE (1.3 EFI DVVT) - multi-point injection, variable valve timing for both camshafts. Daihatsu version for their own development models. Installed in: Avanza 650, Daihatsu Xenia.

Source from: http://toyota-club.net/files/faq/13-01-01_faq_nr-engine_eng.htm

4) Multipoint fuel injection (also called PFI, port fuel injection) injects fuel into the intake ports just upstream of each cylinder's intake valve, rather than at a central point within an intake manifold. MPI systems can be sequential, in which injection is timed to coincide with each cylinder's intake stroke; batched, in which fuel is injected to the cylinders in groups, without precise synchronization to any particular cylinder's intake stroke; or simultaneous, in which fuel is injected at the same time to all the cylinders. The intake is only slightly wet, and typical fuel pressure runs between 40-60 psi.

Source from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_injection#Multipoint_fuel_injection

If my assumption is correct, we can rule this Euro 6 Factor out even if the AD was to use this reason as one of their sales tactic to influence your decision as this car should be available for sale even after September. cheers :)

I believe there's a U-turn from LTA regarding this and all engines are subjected to the new test.

I believe there's a U-turn from LTA regarding this and all engines are subjected to the new test.

Yes, LTA did a PRATA!

↡ Advertisement