Perodua Bezza

Cypher

In short, you are experiencing ... a small F/F engine mated to a CVT transmission and paired with an electric power steering!

Apparently, the current recipe for many entry B&B cars - as manufacturers continue to push production costs down to bargain-basement levels! :D

You can call the drive feel of the overall, concocted setup ... as detached, with special needs!

Edited by merc280v6
↡ Advertisement

how do you know this?

the SE told me its mineral from the start

Bezza MY maintenance schedule.

HPffu.jpg

In short, you are experiencing ... a small F/F engine mated to a CVT transmission and paired with an electric power steering!

Apparently, the current recipe for many entry B&B cars - as manufacturers continue to push production costs down to bargain-basement levels! :D

You can call the drive feel of the overall, concocted setup ... as detached, with special needs!

ððð

Bezza is equipped with 4 Speed E-AT non CVT gearbox..

Supercharged

Collected my Bezza for quite some time now, here are my reviews on it. This is the first time I own an auto car. Previously I only drove manual car, namely Nissan Pulsar 1.0, Suzuki swift 1.0, Daewoo Nubira 1.6 and Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.6.
As I only need a B&B car to serve my family, I think Bezza fit it all.
It looks rather small than in picture, especially if you look side way. It is short, with its front wheel almost touching the front door. But it is spacious inside both for front and rear passengers. It is good in legs room, but not in width. It can sit two adults at the back comfortably, not five. Some commend that the back seat is too upright, but there is no complaint from my children (14yo and 20yo).
Boots space is big, in term of height. You can put more stuff if you can stack them up. And I like the full size spare tyre.
May be I used to manual cars, I found that I lack of the control over the gear shift at time. The engine gives me the rubber-feel response. I mean there is a delay response when I step on the accelerator. It would up the gear as soon as the engine can. When I need to overtake fast, and I step harder, it would down one gear for me. After that it would rev very high and up one gear. Else I need to release the accelerator and step again to up one gear.
The brake is good and effective. A slight step can give me a very firm bite on my wheels.
The steering is not so responsive. May be because it is electric-power. And it would not turn back fully after cornering. I need to align back on the last 90 degree.
Suspension is hard and provide good grip on road. Noise level is acceptable. Can hardly hear the engine sound unless the RPM is high.
Fuel consumption is bad as it is still in run-in period. I can only achieve about 11km/L.
As a 1.3L car, I think Bezza performed reasonably well.
Any comments and feedback from other Bezza owners? Please share.
Side note….now LTA provide the new IU for cash card. The display is so small, it is difficult to read.

test drive my friend's MY bezza at highway, Yes, i too was impressed by  the braking system.

Small yet effective, along with ABS.

I tried hard braking at 120km and it stopped effectively. 

well, i am still hopeful to get mine.

But not going for any top up of COE.

test drive my friend's MY bezza at highway, Yes, i too was impressed by the braking system.

Small yet effective, along with ABS.

I tried hard braking at 120km and it stopped effectively.

well, i am still hopeful to get mine.

But not going for any top up of COE.

U managed to sell your current drive?

Collected my Bezza for quite some time now, here are my reviews on it. This is the first time I own an auto car. Previously I only drove manual car, namely Nissan Pulsar 1.0, Suzuki swift 1.0, Daewoo Nubira 1.6 and Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.6.
It looks rather small than in picture, especially if you look side way. It is short, with its front wheel almost touching the front door. But it is spacious inside both for front and rear passengers. It is good in legs room, but not in width. It can sit two adults at the back comfortably, not five. Some commend that the back seat is too upright, but there is no complaint from my children (14yo and 20yo).
Boots space is big, in term of height. You can put more stuff if you can stack them up. And I like the full size spare tyre.
May be I used to manual cars, I found that I lack of the control over the gear shift at time. The engine gives me the rubber-feel response. I mean there is a delay response when I step on the accelerator. It would up the gear as soon as the engine can. When I need to overtake fast, and I step harder, it would down one gear for me. After that it would rev very high and up one gear. Else I need to release the accelerator and step again to up one gear.
The brake is good and effective. A slight step can give me a very firm bite on my wheels.
The steering is not so responsive. May be because it is electric-power. And it would not turn back fully after cornering. I need to align back on the last 90 degree.
Suspension is hard and provide good grip on road. Noise level is acceptable. Can hardly hear the engine sound unless the RPM is high.
Fuel consumption is bad as it is still in run-in period. I can only achieve about 11km/L.
Side note….now LTA provide the new IU for cash card. The display is so small, it is difficult to read.

On the gear box, you can always downshift on your own. Not necessary to step hard on accelerator. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

U managed to sell your current drive?

nope, in fact, just sent for servicing over the weekend, change of new spark plug.

[:p]

good to drive once again.

making plans, in the event if i didn't get my coe, i will probably stick back to the car and have a change of comfort tyre.

Suppose if u get the coe, u will have 2 rides? Not xiong?

I just changed my 2 front tyres... Quite cheap as compared by other tyres shop. Recommended by my friend. If u wan the contact just pm me. Cheers

Edited by currypuff

Supercharged

Suppose if u get the coe, u will have 2 rides? Not xiong?

I just changed my 2 front tyres... Quite cheap as compared by other tyres shop. Recommended by my friend. If u wan the contact just pm me. Cheers

haha, nah.

if i manage to secure the coe, i will delist my current and get back the balance COE money from LTA.

I'm only a peasant, no means to afford 2 cars..

my current is using 195/45/15, i'm thinking of going 185/55/15 CC6.

got a quote from jb at $65 per pc.

of course, that is when all 6 bids had failed.

(edited)

Side noteâ¦.now LTA provide the new IU for cash card. The display is so small, it is difficult to read.

The delayed response you get from the engine is due to the E-throttle and ecu tuned for fuel saving. As for the IU, maybe removing the cover might help in your case. Edited by Cypher

Supercharged

i guess none of us got their coe based on the yesterday bidding.

hopefully the next bid, it will hit 36k

Edited by Kurty
  • Praise 1

i guess none of us got their coe based on the yesterday bidding.

hopefully the next bid, it will hit 36k

How much did perodua bid for you? Looks like they are not aggressive in bidding coe for their customers?!

Supercharged

How much did perodua bid for you? Looks like they are not aggressive in bidding coe for their customers?!

30-36K  [:p]

They bid only 30-36k? Never revised the amount at all? At this rate chances may not high lo. Unless coe suddenly drop to 36k or below again.

Hi Kurty,

I think it is impossible to drop to S$36 K and below for the next few bids.

Anyway, hope for the best and good luck.

• Praise 1

Hi Kurty,

Don't worry too much. Earlier in other threads I'm one of the people who say coe will not drop below 45k or even 40k.

I ate my own words.

Haha

But still all the best in the next bidding.

For your case, heads you win tails you also win.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2