Tire air pump difficulty

Tok

When pumping the tire, the air from the pump does not seem to get into the tire.

When I remove the pump from the tire valve, can hear a loud stream of air coming out from the pump. 

Need to go through about 3-4 times before I hear the ting ting sound that the tires are fully pumped.

Why is there such difficulty.

↡ Advertisement

When pumping the tire, the air from the pump does not seem to get into the tire.

When I remove the pump from the tire valve, can hear a loud stream of air coming out from the pump. 

Need to go through about 3-4 times before I hear the ting ting sound that the tires are fully pumped.

Go to a tyre shop. Get your tyre valve stem checked.

What? Simi?

What are you talking about? The air pump from the petrol kiosk or your own pump? I assume it's from the kiosk since it produces pinging sound.

It is usually caused when the two valves are not properly seated or aligned to form a seal for the air to get thru. Most likely wear and tear on the pump valve....you know, used by so many drivers and even cyclists. Ppl dunno how to properly get it align, starts to use brutal force and it's also exposed out in the open, brake dust getting trapped on the surfaces etc etc.

That's why I get my own. The ones used by so many ppl are being abused and not properly maintained.

• Praise 1

What? Simi?

What are you talking about? The air pump from the petrol kiosk or your own pump? I assume it's from the kiosk since it produces pinging sound.

It is usually caused when the two valves are not properly seated or aligned to form a seal for the air to get thru. Most likely wear and tear on the pump valve....you know, used by so many drivers and even cyclists. Ppl dunno how to properly get it align, starts to use brutal force and it's also exposed out in the open, brake dust getting trapped on the surfaces etc etc.

That's why I get my own. The ones used by so many ppl are being abused and not properly maintained.

i am not suprised....there are some drivers including man who does not even know how to use the pump......
  • Praise 2

Just go to another station, if still cannot, go to tyre shop

• Praise 1

From own experience, it's the problem with valve from pump machine. Wear and tear.

Go to another petrol station and try. If that one works, then it confirms my statement.

i am not suprised....there are some drivers including man who does not even know how to use the pump......

That's true. The units alone will confuse a lot of users. Whether's it's in bar or kPa or PSI.

That's true. The units alone will confuse a lot of users. Whether's it's in bar or kPa or PSI.

First time i use a pump was on a van's tyre....i actually deflated the tyres as i had keyed in the wrong pressure...i pressed in the kpa values instead of the psi.....knn.....air all come out...

There is a lot of things I don't know but pumping is not one of them.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

bicycles need much higher PSI, at least 40 PSI (metric equivalent I don't know).

OT a bit . . . sorry

How much PSI for pumping bicycle tires? 

220 like for my car tires?  [grin]

• Praise 1

OT a bit . . . sorry

220 like for my car tires? [grin]

Dont play play....my friend was pumping his bicycle tyres and i was helping and it exploded. Kns.....it was freaking loud and my ear got ringing sound which comes and go for quite sometime.
  • Praise 1

OT a bit . . . sorry

220 like for my car tires?  [grin]

KNN!

Check bicycle sidewall lah.

There are so many diff type of bicycle tyre.

Both my roadie & Brompton can go up to 110psi.

Lastly, don't use petrol station pump for bicycle.  It will always be no enough pressure 1.

• Praise 1

wah!! so dangerous yo? any regular cyclist here can advise? I dun wan tire explode in my face  [laugh]

40 PSI tio boh . . . later BOOMZ!  [grin]

KNN!

Lastly, don't use petrol station pump for bicycle.  It will always be no enough pressure 1.

oh, I see. . . Thank ehh David.  [thumbsup]

oh yeah just for record . . . I only cycle once on my bike since I bought it a year ago . . . . forgot how to cycle  [laugh]

Dont play play....my friend was pumping his bicycle tyres and i was helping and it exploded. Kns.....it was freaking loud and my ear got ringing sound which comes and go for quite sometime.

[laugh]   [wave]

Edited by Count-Bracula

Supercharged

KNN!

Lastly, don't use petrol station pump for bicycle. It will always be no enough pressure 1.

I heard bicycle tires need very high air pressure, you just confirm that.

the contact patches are merely the size of two thumb prints, supporting the bike and rider, amazing.

Can see you are not technical or engineered trained.  [grin]

Gotta have a flowchart man.

If you have diffficulty pumping air at this petrol station, go to another petrol station to pump. 

At another petrol station, if you also have difficulty pumping air, then it's your tyre valve so you must go to a tyre shop to check the valve and maybe change it.

If you do not have difficulty pumping air, then it's the pump at the first station. 

It's all about Yes or No.

Can also go to a third petrol station pump to double confirm. 

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement