• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

MrJ
  • Premium member
    MrJ
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Been looking to get a good set of 2nd hand rims

Been told to look out for cracks, warps, signs of welding etc... is it also advisable to bring it to a tire shop for balancing before purchasing ? any recommendations  or tips ?

Edited by Lightsabre, 23 January 2017 - 09:59 AM.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Been looking to get a good set of 2nd hand rims. 

Been told to look out for cracks, warps, signs of welding etc... is it also advisable to bring it to a tire shop for balancing before purchasing ? any recommendations  or tips ?

Yup bro,

If you are getting any rim bigger than 18" and above. (tyres profile is usual thin)

My advise is for new piece as hair line crack is hard to detect even tyre shops.

Ensure is a good brand for a 2nd hand unless u know the seller.

Hope u find a set of new rims soon.

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

buying second hand rim is always carry a risk even new rim also got risk ( only thing good about new rim if you buy a Branded is more reliable.

for me buying over online carrying higher risk than from Store, should anything problem with the old items from store you can at least go back to them for some reasonable reasoning, I am sure they want you to come back again  ,but again secondhand product are sold without warranty,(don't expect it like NEW one)

getting over direct from Owner is definitely higher risk (unless you got it from your personal friend) , otherwise seller can probably tell you you get what you see or I have not such problem and may be is your car problem)

happy shopping

Doppel praised this

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Been looking to get a good set of 2nd hand rims. 

My recommendation is to buy brand new. Put cost aside and just buy. Throughout the ride, you will have peace of mind and safety. You will appreciate it more.

Chucky2007 praised this

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

Archenemy
  • Archenemy
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Put it on the balancer WITHOUT the tyres and rotate...check visually for warpages and bent rims...

To check for leaks on rims..there is a kind of UV paint to detect cracks...the simpler way is to fit on tyres then dunk it into water to see if there is any leakages.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Vodaboy
  • Vodaboy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any recommendation for 2nd hand rim shop?

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

Clify
  • Clify
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Pls PM 96648916. I can send you my rim picture for sale.

Edited by Clify, 15 April 2017 - 09:28 AM.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

Wheelyaligned
  • Premium member
    Wheelyaligned
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any recommendation for 2nd hand rim shop?

Can check out yew tee car alignment centre?

My company's technician recently changed set of new tyre and used rims 15 inch for $600+ in total, he say they sell both new/used rims at very good prices. 

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

no risk no returned

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:35 AM

ClesterCher
  • ClesterCher
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Been looking to get a good set of 2nd hand rims

You can try visit this place , i bought a set of rims from Kheng Keng at 4 Defu Lane 1  . They got like hundred of different choices of second hand rims with tyres . I bought a set of used 17" rims and tyres for my honda stream at only $450  . Some more , tyres looks with 70% left and they even balance the rim to ensure no problem , really good job. . Definitely visit them for such good deal 

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

ClesterClarence
  • Premium member
    ClesterClarence
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yeah , i used carousell , to buy set of rim b4 , ended up also at that same shop in defu , service is good and price is reason.. paid 16 inch rims with 80 % tyres for under $300  for 1 set.

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Zorro1
  • Premium member
    Zorro1
    Clutched
    Author Image

where can I purchase takeoff tyre & rims. For my Hyundai Avante . Thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Faiqalyasin
  • Faiqalyasin
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Looking for used polo gti rims(Detroit rims)

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

JTHM
  • JTHM
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I have a relatively new set of TRD rims with tyres to let go. 2 months old. 17 inch. If keen let me know.

Edited by JTHM, 11 July 2017 - 10:42 PM.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Pirelli Cinturato P7

Pirelli Cinturato P7  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Obsession  |  Neutral Newbie

One of the Value for money tyres for 205/55/16

I got this set of tyres at a good price from Guan Hin @ Balestier. My previous tyres include Yokohama Advan, Bridgestone MY01, Michelin PS3. This is the best set among my previous tyres. After more than 1K, I write my review. I rate P... » Read More

Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Enqvist  |  Neutral Newbie

Economic and decent set of shoes

Neat tyres, surprisingly good value compared to my previous Contipremium contact 5. Am on a set of 205, 55 R16. The tyres are comfortable and give a good ride, noise level is average, tested on a raining day and the grip was relatively effect... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Economy Tyre

Quick Reply

Tags: rims, 2nd hand, tips, buying and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users