COE Expiry pegged to mileage instead of years

Quantum

Read today's Straits Times, some experts suggested "COE expiry should be pegged to mileage clocked by a car instead of years",

it's absolutely brilliant suggestion, see how government to implement it, 

For Singapore car-lite society, the car numbers has to be decreased, and cars also must be used less, however as the high price and limited period COE system, many car owners even used their cars in whatever and no sense, otherwise it's not worthwhile for the 10 years COE, as nowadays technology, a car only be used 10 years regardless its mileage and scraped it's seriously resource waste,

this suggestion sure promote Singapore really comes into car-lite society  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

pegged to milleage?

sekali all cars in sgcarmart

7 years 20k milleage ... huat ah!

since Malaysia going to close boundary, SG drivers have not chance to clock high mileage liao,  [:p]

Totally stupid idea.

by number of years the gov can control, do forecast and adjust to their plans. Go by mileage how they going to monitor? Set up ERP on every road? later become SG roads full of 20yrs old cars with 20000km mileage. COE hongkan.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 8

how can? This is raiding our reserves!

For those driving out SG, need to claim mileage back. Hahahaha... since COE is meant for SG. Otherwise, MY need to match RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

• Praise 2

Totally stupid idea.

by number of years the gov can control, do forecast and adjust to their plans. Go by mileage how they going to monitor? Set up ERP on every road? later become SG roads full of 20yrs old cars with 20000km mileage. COE hongkan.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

don't worry, our scholarship holders sure got solution to resolve all of these issues [:p]

don't worry, our scholarship holders sure got solution to resolve all of these issues [:p]

yah, and then we have road tax, insurance all pledge to mileage, travel more pay more. And suddenly no SG cars in MY, all park at home take the high speed to KL. After that pledge COE to mileage also, one coe valid for 100,000km only. KNN all hongkan, every 5 years bid COE.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Okay... many tampered odo liao.. lai lai....

I cant praise you enough for your very quick thinking. You Gooood!

In fact Singaporean are also quite creative, if coe peg to mileage, many people will keep their car at home, end up no coe for recycling.

Edited by Ct3833

yah, and then we have road tax, insurance all pledge to mileage, travel more pay more. And suddenly no SG cars in MY, all park at home take the high speed to KL. After that pledge COE to mileage also, one coe valid for 100,000km only. KNN all hongkan, every 5 years bid COE.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

yah lah, this is our gov expect scene :a-fun:

I cant praise you enough for your very quick thinking. You Gooood!

In fact Singaporean are also quite creative, if coe peg to mileage, many people will keep their car at home, end up no coe for recycling.

no more cars to sell, ADs all switch to selling bicycles. We going to be like China 30 yrs ago. CAR-LITE . [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1