• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
107 replies to this topic | 355 praises

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For those who are waiting at the sidelines for COE prices to drop further, console yourselves that car prices are cheaper now than before.

Back in 1997, the G8 Toyota Corolla cost $125K. The G9 Corolla dropped to $100K in 2000. Today, the Corolla Altis costs $100K with 5 years warranty and servicing thrown in. If you take inflation into consideration, the brand new Corolla today is CHEAPER than 20 years ago.

With Uber and Grab in the picture fighting for a piece of the small Cat A pie, COE prices are unlikely to  drop to $40K levels.

If you really need a car, just go for it now, before more Car Llite policies come into place and COE quote gets cut, then we will be back to $80+K COE seen just very recently 2 years ago.

Fungyee77, Mustank, Atonchia, flashbang, Spurman and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Chicken rice also cheaper now then 20yrs ago if we add in the inflation... Hehehe
Mustank and Doppel praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dun forget there was a less than 20yr ago time when the 'rolla was $69k.

And still got 10yr loan to finance it.

No wonder ppl say we always yearn for the good ol days....
Mustank, Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Car lite started.

Prepare for more COE cut
Mustank and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    6th Gear
    Author Image

yes and no. car is cheaper but not COE. as to if COE will drops to $40k or below, we will know soon. hahaha
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Money has become smaller................

"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Cybertech
  • Cybertech
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ya knn that time bought the Corolla at $100k somemore 2nd hand owner only drove for few months. Drove for 7 years before changing car.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya but last time can buy house for peanuts. Got extra $$$ for car
Mustank and Benarsenal praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For those who are waiting at the sidelines for COE prices to drop further, console yourselves that car prices are cheaper now than before.

Back in 1997, the G8 Toyota Corolla cost $125K. The G9 Corolla dropped to $100K in 2000. Today, the Corolla Altis costs $100K with 5 years warranty and servicing thrown in. If you take inflation into consideration, the brand new Corolla today is CHEAPER than 20 years ago.

With Uber and Grab in the picture fighting for a piece of the small Cat A pie, COE prices are unlikely to  drop to $40K levels.

If you really need a car, just go for it now, before more Car Llite policies come into place and COE quote gets cut, then we will be back to $80+K COE seen just very recently 2 years ago.

Why 20 yrs ago before the asian financial crisis set in?.......if go 30 yrs before when there is no coe cars were very much cheaper!  If go back  19 yrs and the financial crisis was in full swing coe price plummetted and remain low for nearly a decade!

But i still prefer 20 yrs ago....the ft presence was not felt then.

Spurman, I_RIDE_DEEP and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

No_worries
  • Premium member
    No_worries
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For those with short memories back in 1997 you have to come up with a 30 percent down payment and can loan up to 7 years maximum

The flood gates started in 2003 when the garment allow 100 percent finance and 10 years loan. Most people use the 2nd scenario as a baseline to compare.

Edited by No_worries, 21 January 2017 - 04:02 PM.

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

KNN, sibei sian liao, next 5 yrs, mayb 10 yrs I dont know what to do liao. COE up down also I cannot do anything.   [:(]  [:p]  [:p]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

KNN, sibei sian liao, next 5 yrs, mayb 10 yrs I dont know what to do liao. COE up down also I cannot do anything. [:(] [:p] [:p]

Hv no fear. COE up or down u can still tiko.
Tianmo and lausai88 praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hv no fear. COE up or down u can still tiko.

Tikoism is my profession, this one I cfm know what to do, up down up down is part of it.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Angcheek and lausai88 praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

KNN, sibei sian liao, next 5 yrs, mayb 10 yrs I dont know what to do liao. COE up down also I cannot do anything. [:(] [:p] [:p]

Stop following coe thread since I change my car last year.

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

tv, laptop, handphone all cheaper than 20 years ago.
Benarsenal, Spurman and BanCoe praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Car lite started.

Prepare for more COE cut

But COE still increases by dunno 9 or 11% for this year first quarter. COE increases or decreases is not we say but Govt say. Nobody knows.

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

on that note, the cars are at their lowest on the roads now cf 8 years ago...but wtf, still jam like nobody business

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

tv, laptop, handphone all cheaper than 20 years ago.

20 years ago no hand phone. Only pager. Laptop very ex then. Only atas people carry laptop.
20 years ago I brought my swift for 80plus k. Hahaha cheap?

3 cylinders 1000 cc swift sedan. Hahaha

on that note, the cars are at their lowest on the roads now cf 8 years ago...but wtf, still jam like nobody business

Blame road works, numerous traffic junction. In the morning blame the school going kids.

Don't blame the car price or government.,πŸ˜€
Benarsenal praised this

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There are too many cars today, hopefully they cut COEs by half and impose full cash payment for COEs.

Loan only for the machine cost.
Mustank, Vratenza, Showster and Ake109 praised this
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

20/30 years ago where got mcf or Carmart?

The only source of info from straittimes advert. Small cutting advert always with engine A1 condition? Hahaha

Edited by Kopites, 21 January 2017 - 07:37 PM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe car cheap, toyota, nissan and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users