Peugeot Owner please come in..

kianewbie

Hi current peugeot owner, will like to know are there usually many issues with peugeot's cars? Checked out the facebook page and read many complaints. Thinking whether should i get the new 3008.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi current peugeot owner, will like to know are there usually many issues with peugeot's cars? Checked out the facebook page and read many complaints. Thinking whether should i get the new 3008.

if hesitate better not buy, otherwise will regret later when the issues crop up eventually.  But if have budget and time and prepared for it, then why not?  Typically continental cars will have more issues and more costly to maintain than Japanese/Korean cars

• Praise 1

many simply tiagong or hearsay.

at the end of the day, if you like just go for it.

i chose a french for my wife as i feel its a safer car as she wanted a hatchback.

my brother bought a 308SW half a year ago and enjoying his ride.

The spare parts are cheaper than you thought.

LIke? just go for it.

whats more important is there are workshop that are specialized in french make.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

i want to believe nobody especailly establish brand build cars that have problems. thrn they woukd have closed by now.

of course some cars require more attention when you put in more features. simple, if you have 2 air bag against 6, then who has more to maintain?

the economy os scale will also affect cost and availability of spaces.

you can ask until the cow comes home, it will end up with a balanced reply. that will explain why they are still selling this car.

I owned a Peugeot for just under 9 years. Recently sold it and bought a Renault haha.

I too agree a lot of what's said about Peugeots being unreliable, expensive to repair, is based on hearsay. You'll find a lot of happy Peugeot owners. Personally, I didn't find my Peugeot any less or more reliable than other cars.

My take is it's heng-suay. Popular models can have major breakdowns. New cars can have major breakdowns. Repair cost is part of owning a car unfortunately. With a new Peugeot at least you have a 5 year warranty.

Like a previous poster said, if you like the feel and looks of a car, go for it. I firmly believe if you're paying high 5 figures, going into 6 figures, for a car, you better feel shiok looking at it, and driving it. There's another thread here where someone bought a Nissan Note because it was cheap and reliable, but now feels like selling it after 2 months.

If you really want piece of mind, then go for long-term car rental :)

• Praise 3

Hi. My current ride (Mazda2) is due for scrapped in October 2017, and my preference is to get preferably a continental SUV/crossover for my next ride, though I don’t mind a Jap/Korean hatchback/ sedan also. Has test-driven the following cars:

Nissan Note

Nissan Juke

Nissan Qashqai

Honda Jazz

Opel Meriva

Opel Astra 1.0T

Opel Astra 1.4T

Suzuki Vitara

Hyundai Elantra

Peugeot 2008

Citroen C4

Citroen C4 Picasso

Volkswagen Golf

Volkswagen Jetta

Mitsubishi ASX

Seat Leon

Mazda 3

My personal preference narrows down to two (Opel Astra 1.4T and Peugeot 2008) in my shortlist, and I am at a loss over which to purchase.

Astra 1.4T over 2008

Better finishing

4 cylinder over 3 cylinder

Better acceleration

More sturdy (the 2008 has a flimsy passenger door)

More reliable (I think)

2008 over Astra 1.4T

SUV

Cheaper road tax

Panoramic moon roof

Cheaper price (down payment and instalment)

Would like to hear from both Astra and Peugeot bros on your views before I decide on my purchase. (This will be posted on both Astra and Peugeot threads)

• Praise 2

Hi. My current ride (Mazda2) is due for scrapped in October 2017, and my preference is to get preferably a continental SUV/crossover for my next ride, though I don’t mind a Jap/Korean hatchback/ sedan also. Has test-driven the following cars:

Nissan Note

Nissan Juke

Nissan Qashqai

Honda Jazz

Opel Meriva

Opel Astra 1.0T

Opel Astra 1.4T

Suzuki Vitara

Hyundai Elantra

Peugeot 2008

Citroen C4

Citroen C4 Picasso

Volkswagen Golf

Volkswagen Jetta

Mitsubishi ASX

Seat Leon

Mazda 3

My personal preference narrows down to two (Opel Astra 1.4T and Peugeot 2008) in my shortlist, and I am at a loss over which to purchase.

Astra 1.4T over 2008

Better finishing

Better acceleration

More reliable (I think)

2008 over Astra 1.4T

SUV

Cheaper road tax

Panoramic moon roof

Would like to hear from both Astra and Peugeot bros on your views before I decide on my purchase. (This will be posted on both Astra and Peugeot threads)

Two more SUV coming soon. You might want to wait a little more. 

SEAT Ateca Q2 2017

Peugeot 3008 MID 2017

How about KIA Niro? Heard it sell like the hotcakes. Need to wait till July shipment already.

Two more SUV coming soon. You might want to wait a little more. 

SEAT Ateca Q2 2017

Peugeot 3008 MID 2017

How about KIA Niro? Heard it sell like the hotcakes. Need to wait till July shipment already.

With a $30,000 CEVS, the ARF/scrap value I will get back will be quite pathetic for the price I am paying.

I asked about the Ateca when I test drove the Leon. Was told it won't be in 2017 as Seat is focussing on the LHD for Ateca at the moment. If not, would have waited.

If Peugeot is bringing in the exact same model displayed during the Jan motorshow, I will prob give it a miss. Don't really like full digital display odometer, and the centre console has too many buttons. Plus was told by Peugeot SE the price of new 3008 will be around 10% more than the phased-out 3008, likely about $120,000+, way out of my budget.

Astra 1.4T over 2008

Better finishing

Better acceleration

More reliable (I think)

2008 over Astra 1.4T

SUV

Cheaper road tax

Panoramic moon roof

I quite like the 2008 though I have not tried the Astra 1.4T.  I'm sure Astra 1.4T cost a few grand more.  Correct me if I were wrong.

The only thing I hesitate regarding 2008 is there is no keyless:(

• Praise 2

Hey bro Heng, I am somewhat in the same situation as you. I am considering between the Astra 1.0tT and the Peugeot 308. Test drove both cars and finally decided to buy the 308. There are 2 main reasons why I choose the 308 over the Astra.

1) The drive of 308 feels much smoother than the Astra 1.0T. But I believe the 1.4T should be as smooth as the 308.

2) This is the main reason why I chose the 308 over the Astra. The interior built quality. The look and feel of the interior of 308 is much more premium as compare to the Astra. One very simple example, just look at the park button of both cars and you will understand what I am saying. When you sit in the rear passenger seat (Astra) with the door close, you will notice the full door panel is made of hard plastic (very cheap feel IMO) and the window button is placed at a very awkward position. Also because of the sloping roof design, the headrooom is pretty limited and thus has a cramp feeling.

My advise will be for you to go test drive both cars and see which you prefer more. But for value for money and built quality, 308 gets my vote.

Edited by tlt3668
  • Praise 1

Any ACTUAL owners of Peugeot 2008?

Am considering that for my family of 4 - wife + 2 young kids aged 3.5 years old and 6 month old.

How's the drive and the boot space like?

Thanks for any thoughts and inputs shared :)

• Praise 1

Hey bro Heng, I am somewhat in the same situation as you. I am considering between the Astra 1.0tT and the Peugeot 308. Test drove both cars and finally decided to buy the 308. There are 2 main reasons why I choose the 308 over the Astra.

1) The drive of 308 feels much smoother than the Astra 1.0T. But I believe the 1.4T should be as smooth as the 308.

2) This is the main reason why I chose the 308 over the Astra. The interior built quality. The look and feel of the interior of 308 is much more premium as compare to the Astra. One very simple example, just look at the park button of both cars and you will understand what I am saying. When you sit in the rear passenger seat (Astra) with the door close, you will notice the full door panel is made of hard plastic (very cheap feel IMO) and the window button is placed at a very awkward position. Also because of the sloping roof design, the headrooom is pretty limited and thus has a cramp feeling.

My advise will be for you to go test drive both cars and see which you prefer more. But for value for money and built quality, 308 gets my vote.

You're right bro !! 308 interior is superb!! Far more superior than most jap car and some conti car like vw. Renault interior is no bad but their price is much higher than 308.

Been driving 308 for 2 weeks. Love it, powerful yet comfortable car and important is , i got it for $98K. Really value for money. Conti car with all the high tech features and full glass roof under $100k really cannot find liao. Hehe

• Praise 1

Astra 1.4T over 2008

Better finishing

Better acceleration

More reliable (I think)

2008 over Astra 1.4T

SUV

Cheaper road tax

Panoramic moon roof

I quite like the 2008 though I have not tried the Astra 1.4T. I'm sure Astra 1.4T cost a few grand more. Correct me if I were wrong.

The only thing I hesitate regarding 2008 is there is no keyless:(

If u want faster off the line , get Astra 1.4. the 6AT GB is creamy when doing hard acceleration

Recent price was $107,888 subject to changes

Reliability wise I think Peugeot and Opel now not too far off. But to level comparison maybe 308 vs Astra better. Both were COTY once.

If u like keyless, go for altis better haha. Just place hand on handle can unlock, no need press button.

Tech wise Astra has better infotainment and front driving assistance less BSD. Decent viewing angles all round

Personally not a fan of roof due to local climate but to each his own.

• Praise 1

The servicing is expensive , and I always need to send in twice after servicing with AD . They tell me wear and tear right after their servicing so guys do take note of this ...

So any recommendations which workshop you send for servicing outside ?

Hi im currently driving a 5 year old peugeot 508. My ICE/ radio cannot turn on sometimes when i start the car, only maybe 5-20 minutes into the journey, it will auto reboot and power on its own. Anyone got any idea whats happening ? 

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm looking to sell my Peugeot 308. COE till Nov 2018. Road tax included till November. Mileage 113,000 (estimated, might be lower). OMV $19,350.00

Do WhatsApp me at 84880005 if anybody is keen. 

Thank you.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement