Formula 1 (2017)

Wt_know

1st and 2nd row ... [thumbsup]

Hamilton, Vettel

Botas, Kimi

hamilton is charging like an arrow

i suppose merc team now truly recognise who is 1st and 2nd driver ... lol

looking forward to vettel challenging hamilton so that not pole to finish like a walk in the park

If Hamilton able to manage to get his launch control in order, he will walk away with a win. Last season, he didnt do very well at pole position.

↡ Advertisement

Expecting one pit stop today.

Timing of pit stop will be critical.

Vettel showing good pace.

Retiree Massa in P6.  [thumbsup]

True, let's see how the Chinese race goes.

With current tyres being more consistent and durable, means teams can get by with less pit stops per race. 

Was surprised that Hamilton was stuck behind Max today. Previously the Merc would have just breezed past the Red Bull.  [drivingcar]

True, let's see how the Chinese race goes.

With current tyres being more consistent and durable, means teams can get by with less pit stops per race.

Was surprised that Hamilton was stuck behind Max today. Previously the Merc would have just breezed past the Red Bull. [drivingcar]

Well, the Melbourne circuit was traditionally a difficult one to overtake anyway. So, I think it's more Merc team's fault for calling Hamilton in so early.

(edited)

hamilton driving style sibei aggresive and most likely the tyres are worn out faster than others

Edited by Wt_know

hamilton driving style sibei aggresive and most likely the tyres are worn out faster than others

Could be the car as well. Mercs were known to overwork their tyres in previous seasons.

On another note, past few years, Nico Rosberg was known to overwork his tyres more than Lewis.

(edited)

Unhappy that they did not let Bottas fight for 2nd place.

it's better to keep botas unhappy than upsetting hamilton

you know what will happen when hamilton upset

both merc will crash out on the track ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Vet very heng. Max held up Ham.

True. This year it is called the overcut, traffic for Hamilton and higher tyre degradation allows Ferrari the upper hand. It is a long awaited win since Sep 2015 in Singapore, they deserve the win. I am surprised that Ferrari engineers and Vettel both didnt call to pit immediately Hamilton pitted. For Vettel, the tyres must have felt they had more to offer. For the engineers, I believe they rely on Vettel for the signal to pit.

Hamilton was not his usual self in the race, to me, he felt threatened and was seen checking Vettel's progress. Bear in mind, Vettel was within 2 seconds in the first 12 laps of Hamilton. Hamilton wasn't able to pull away. For the first time in a long time, it felt Ferrari was in contention and truly able to match or better Mercedes pace.

By the way, are there any reliable media box out there that is able to broadcast F1? I am paying for subscription and am watching mainly F1 on that. Intend to get the media box or other means if such options are available.

Edited by Tommisan
  • Praise 2