Formula 1 (2017)

Wt_know

Cancel it please.

Way too much tax payer's money have been thrown into this pit and I see nothing in return except inconvenience.

Only peasant can't see the return

:XD: :XD:

↡ Advertisement

Singapore still sees Formula One allure, tourism chief says

SINGAPORE — Singapore is still interested in hosting the Formula One race if the terms are right, and discussions on keeping the event in the South-east Asian nation are under way, according to the Singapore Tourism Board.

"I think the event is still a good one and I think it’s something we’re interested to look at provided the terms and conditions are right," Mr Lionel Yeo, chief executive officer at Singapore Tourism Board, told Bloomberg Television’s Haslinda Amin on Tuesday (Feb 14), when asked if hosting the event makes sense. “The discussions are still ongoing."

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-still-sees-formula-one-allure-tourism-chief-says

• Praise 1

(edited)

wah now that msia decide to pull out next year

it makes it more eager for spore to host the 1 and only SEA F1

uniquely singapore !!! [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

if Kimi doesn't get past Ric in the first few corners will end up stuck behind Red Bull until first pit stop. Or worse, come under pressure by Max.

Would like to see Bottas lead the race for a change, and see how Lewis and Vettel battle it out behind.

Only one Mac running - Alonso.

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Hmm...anyone looked at this year Singapore's F1 GP ticket prices yet? The early bird discount is like no discount this year and there are no really reasonably priced tickets this year [:|]

I recall last year there was a $30-$50 ticket price range for singapore citizens, NS men etc...unless my memory fails me.

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

Vettel takes the win at Bahrain GP! Well done Scuderia Ferrari!

Hamilton and Bottas had to settle for second and third placing respectively.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/sebastian-vettel-wins-tense-bahrain-181458695.html

sigh... i was rooting for the finn but somehow he didnt have race pace, even after swapping out his overpressured rear tires.

if merc decides they need to favour lewis to boost their chances of championship titles, then bottas sure very sian

and alonso... unilaterally retiring the car at the last lap... not sure if the car really had a critical failure or just carrying out a threat, as Ted alluded to in his post-race notebook @@

sigh... i was rooting for the finn but somehow he didnt have race pace, even after swapping out his overpressured rear tires.

if merc decides they need to favour lewis to boost their chances of championship titles, then bottas sure very sian

and alonso... unilaterally retiring the car at the last lap... not sure if the car really had a critical failure or just carrying out a threat, as Ted alluded to in his post-race notebook @@

Bottas was driving well, however it seems the Mercedes run much better in soft tyres rather than super soft. I was delighted that Vettel was able to keep up with Bottas for the 10 laps until he made his first pit stop. He was closing in on the front after his first pit.

I was caught by surprise again when the safety car was deployed, but was again elated to see Vettel had taken the lead. It was just in Ferrari's luck that the lead cars were near the pits when the safety car was deployed and it didn't undo Vettel's charge for the lead.

Hamilton was flying right at the end, it was about 1-2 seconds every lap gaining on Vettel. Hamilton really shouldn't have slowed down at the pit which caused him 5 seconds penalty. Because of that, Bottas was also slightly held up in the release when Riccardo came in front of him to pit.

Honda's engine is utterly second rated, uncompetitive and unreliable. 3 out of 3 race retirement for Alonso, very similar to previous season. Alonso is going for Indy 500 during Monaco GP period and Jenson Button will take over for that race. 

Pity Alonso left Ferrari for a totally uncompetitive team. When Alonso was at Ferrari, he almost had a chance to 1 championship,but so near yet so far.

All in all, alot of overtaking and team order for Mercedes in place.

Edited by Tommisan

This year championship looks like will be between Vettel and Hamilton.

Bottas and Kimi in the respective sister cars still can't seem to bring out the best in their cars yet. 

Red Bull pace is too far off to catch Merc and Ferrari but still ahead of Williams and Force India.

Last night Lewis really showed his stuff. Really made Bottas look amateur. 

Edited by Blueray

(edited)

walan ehh ... this guy win liao

he jiak ka sibei ba liao and sell his lulian stall

now say lulian is too expensive? muahahaha

post-7984-0-83915900-1492411240.png

Edited by Wt_know

Bottas was driving well, however it seems the Mercedes run much better in soft tyres rather than super soft. I was delighted that Vettel was able to keep up with Bottas for the 10 laps until he made his first pit stop. He was closing in on the front after his first pit.

I was caught by surprise again when the safety car was deployed, but was again elated to see Vettel had taken the lead. It was just in Ferrari's luck that the lead cars were near the pits when the safety car was deployed and it didn't undo Vettel's charge for the lead.

Hamilton was flying right at the end, it was about 1-2 seconds every lap gaining on Vettel. Hamilton really shouldn't have slowed down at the pit which caused him 5 seconds penalty. Because of that, Bottas was also slightly held up in the release when Riccardo came in front of him to pit.

Honda's engine is utterly second rated, uncompetitive and unreliable. 3 out of 3 race retirement for Alonso, very similar to previous season. Alonso is going for Indy 500 during Monaco GP period and Jenson Button will take over for that race. 

Pity Alonso left Ferrari for a totally uncompetitive team. When Alonso was at Ferrari, he almost had a chance to 1 championship,but so near yet so far.

All in all, alot of overtaking and team order for Mercedes in place.

and i was half-wondering if Lewis will give back the 2nd place to Bottas if he failed to catch Vettel by the last lap LOL

walan ehh ... this guy win liao

he jiak ka sibei ba liao and sell his lulian stall

now say lulian is too expensive? muahahaha

exactly... i was telling my friend that this clown sabo the new owners... and still say the new owners may sell within 3mths lol

Bottas' early-race struggles down to Mercedes generator failure

Valtteri Bottas's lack of pace in the opening stint of the Bahrain GP was the result of running the incorrect Formula 1 tyre pressures because a Mercedes generator broke on the grid.

After that early battle with Vettel in the second stint, Bottas continued to struggle for pace and was at a loss to explain it.

"Stint two and three, there is no explanation why the rear end wasn't working," he said. For me, it wasn't normal. "I was running out of all the tools with the diff and with the brake bias, trying to cure the oversteer.

"When the tyres were new, they were OK, but very quickly when you rise up with the surface temperatures, it gets more and more tricky. It was a strange race for me missing so much pace - it's not so easy for me to explain."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bottas-early-race-struggles-down-to-mercedes-generator-failure-894958/

Fernando Alonso on Honda engine in Bahrain: I've never raced with less power

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/19172367/fernando-alonso-honda-engine-bahrain-never-raced-less-power

Edited by Blueray
↡ Advertisement