Good driver? You deserve cheaper insurance.

post-184711-0-32158400-1485424358_thumb.jpg

Hey

We're new in town. Budget Direct Insurance launched in October last year, and we believe that Singaporeans have been paying too much for their car insurance for too long. 

Why? We're not entirely sure. What we do know is that insurance isn't hard. Or at least, it doesn't need to be. To buy your insurance is a relatively easy process, you can even see an initial price for your policy in 30 seconds. 

If you'd like to know, we'll be stopping by here regularly to read and answer your questions. Or visit our website at budgetdirect.com.sg

We understand that because we're new, you may prefer to talk with someone. Feel free to stop by, have a coffee and let us see how we can help you, visit us at:

Budget Direct Insurance 

190 Clemenceau Avenue

#03-01, Singapore Shopping Centre

Singapore 239924. 

Or call us at 6221 2111. Our team are here and ready to help you from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. 

If you've got any questions about how we can help you, please ask. 

Thanks

On behalf of the Budget Direct Insurance team, thanks. 

Geoffrey 

Edited by Geoffrey-BudgetDirect_Comm
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

A lot of insurance co with Direct in their name now?

I do have a question though. Do you allow choice of workshop, e.g. the vehicle's dealer?

• Praise 1

A lot of insurance co with Direct in their name now?

I do have a question though. Do you allow choice of workshop, e.g. the vehicle's dealer?

Hi.

Yes, well spotted, there are a few insurers around with Direct in their name now. 

To answer your question, yes, we offer an Optional Cover which gives you the flexibility to select the workshop of your choice. We have partnered with a number of excellent workshops, though we recognise some customers prefer to take their car back to the dealership for repairs and so we have included this as an Optional Cover. 

I hope this answers your question. If you've got anything else, please let me know - or call our team on 6221 2111, we'll be open again on Tuesday at 8am after the Chinese New Year break.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Thanks

Geoffrey 

Do you cover high performance vehicles (say > 250 bhp)? Most budget insurers don't.

hey Turboflat4

Thanks for your question. At this time, we're not offering insurance for high-performance vehicles. While we think we're pretty cool, we're not turbo-charged cool! 

I hope this answers your question and wish you all the best for the Year of the Rooster. 

Huat Ah. 

Geoffrey

• Praise 1

attachicon.gifCar_728x90_Budsy_See_How_Cheap_A.jpg

Hey

We're new in town. Budget Direct Insurance launched in October last year, and we believe that Singaporeans have been paying too much for their car insurance for too long. 

Why? We're not entirely sure. What we do know is that insurance isn't hard. Or at least, it doesn't need to be. To buy your insurance is a relatively easy process, you can even see an initial price for your policy in 30 seconds. 

If you'd like to know, we'll be stopping by here regularly to read and answer your questions. Or visit our website at budgetdirect.com.sg

We understand that because we're new, you may prefer to talk with someone. Feel free to stop by, have a coffee and let us see how we can help you, visit us at:

Budget Direct Insurance 

190 Clemenceau Avenue

#03-01, Singapore Shopping Centre

Singapore 239924. 

Or call us at 6221 2111. Our team are here and ready to help you from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. 

If you've got any questions about how we can help you, please ask. 

Thanks

On behalf of the Budget Direct Insurance team, thanks. 

Geoffrey 

Can i clarify are you an insurance company or an insurance agency,

• Praise 1

Can i clarify are you an insurance company or an insurance agency,

Hi Verve

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thanks for your question.

We're an insurance company. We have built our own insurance products and sell these directly through our website at budgetdirect.com.sg and our Customer Care Centre, which is located at 190 Clemenceau Avenue, #03-01 Singapore Shopping Centre, 239924. We're open daily from 8am to 8pm and can also be reached at 6221 2111.

We assess each drivers application and apply our underwriting criteria to offer our best possible price. Because we underwrite our own insurance products, we are able to offer competitive prices, especially to safer drivers. We believe that if you're a good driver, you deserve cheaper insurance. 

When you get a quote, we start with a basic level of cover - select from Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft or Third Party Only. Once here, you can add a variety of Optional Covers to build a policy which meets your specific needs. Don't want an Optional Cover, don't pay for it. You won't find any bundles with us - you have the choice to decide what you need covered and what you will buy.

Please feel free to reply with any more questions or give our team a call at 6221 2111; they'll be back from the CNY break tomorrow at 8am.

Happy Chinese New Year.

Best,

Geoffrey

Budget Direct Insurance. 

Turbocharged

We assess each drivers application and apply our underwriting criteria to offer our best possible price. Because we underwrite our own insurance products, we are able to offer competitive prices, especially to safer drivers. We believe that if you're a good driver, you deserve cheaper insurance. 

Could you offer some insight onto how you assess whether a driver is "good"?  [:)]

Could you offer some insight onto how you assess whether a driver is "good"?  [:)]

I am also wondering if I am a "good" driver despite having a black mark in TP n State court records. [grin]

• Praise 1

When comes to claims, especially own damage, is the repair approval always quoted based on "part by part" or there are some cases when approval is based on "lump sum" quote only. 

(edited)

Hi 7hm

While we can’t disclose the specifics of our underwriting approach, our pricing will be influenced by a range of key factors, including:

• years of driving experience;
  • your accumulated No Claim Discount;
  • if you have been awarded the Certificate of Merit by the Traffic Police;
  • the frequency of accidents; and
  • the nature of accidents, regardless if at-fault or not at-fault.

We assess how good a driver is by reviewing their driving records with the Traffic Police, as well as their accident-free history. This gives us a view on whether an individual can be considered an overall good driver, rather than just being free of demerit points.

While we can agree there are more factors to being a “good” driver, we will work towards including these, in a practical way, in our pricing approach.

I realise this is a bit long, but I hope it gives you a satisfactory answer. 

Thanks

Geoffrey 

Budget Direct Insurance

I am also wondering if I am a "good" driver despite having a black mark in TP n State court records. [grin]

Hey Adrianli

I've just answered a question about "good driver' above - have a look at this and let me know if it gives you a good answer. 

And if you're unsure, call our team - we're happy to have a chat with you about this. We're here from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and you can:

- call us at 6221 2111, or,

- if you're near Dhoby Ghaut, stop by and visit us at 190 Clemenceau Avenue, #03-01 Singapore Shopping Centre. 

Thanks

Geoffrey 

Budget Direct Insurance

Edited by Geoffrey-BudgetDirect_Comm

I cannot find Honda Shuttle on your website.

How ah?

Hi Nutty

Thanks for your note. I admit this one confused me to start with. On our site, after you've chosen Honda as the make, in the model selection there is an option for a Fit Shuttle 1.5 or Fit Shuttle Hybrid 1.3 - is this what you mean?

Let me know and if not, send me to personal message with your name, phone number and best time to reach you, and a member of the team will call you back. 

Thanks

Geoffrey 

Budget Direct Insurance

Honda Fit Shuttle 1.5 is an old model. No PIs are selling this model now.

The latest is Honda Shuttle 1.5

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11745

Hi Nutty

Thanks for your note. I admit this one confused me to start with. On our site, after you've chosen Honda as the make, in the model selection there is an option for a Fit Shuttle 1.5 or Fit Shuttle Hybrid 1.3 - is this what you mean?

Let me know and if not, send me to personal message with your name, phone number and best time to reach you, and a member of the team will call you back. 

Thanks

Geoffrey 

Budget Direct Insurance

Hey Adrianli

I've just answered a question about "good driver' above - have a look at this and let me know if it gives you a good answer. 

And if you're unsure, call our team - we're happy to have a chat with you about this. We're here from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and you can:

- call us at 6221 2111, or,

- if you're near Dhoby Ghaut, stop by and visit us at 190 Clemenceau Avenue, #03-01 Singapore Shopping Centre. 

Thanks

Geoffrey 

Budget Direct Insurance

Hi Geoffrey,

I went to get a quote from your website and saw the requirements which I dont think I will be qualified. Highlighted below in the photo. Therefore unable to consider your company at my renewal, June 2017.

Regards,

Adrian

post-2654-0-88383100-1486004271_thumb.jpg

Honda Fit Shuttle 1.5 is an old model. No PIs are selling this model now.

The latest is Honda Shuttle 1.5

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11745

Thanks Nutty. I'll let the team know. 

As mentioned, I can have someone call you if you like. if this is something you'd like, please PM your name, number and best time to call. I'll also let them know someone called Nutty may call in about a Honda Shuttle... :) Our number is 6221 2111.

Again, thanks for the heads up. I'll ask the team to see about correcting this. 

Geoffrey

We assess how good a driver is by reviewing their driving records with the Traffic Police, as well as their accident-free history. This gives us a view on whether an individual can be considered an overall good driver, rather than just being free of demerit points.

Hi Geoffrey,

You mean our Traffic Police allows your company to have access to our driving records?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1