Upgrading - Home Improvement Program HIP

Christan

This was what the contractor did to my fren's flat recently during the HIP. He moved to his daughter's place to stay during that period. It was during christmas. Lucky he dont celebrate christmas, if not sure.......... [furious]

I tot the sealing up of the whole place was done pretty well and confine the dust to the pathway.

attachicon.gifIMG-20161224-WA0009.jpg

good idea sia, even cant confine totally also can at least cut out a huge %.  [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

good idea sia, even cant confine totally also can at least cut out a huge %.  [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

rent a warehouse to store all the furniture? 

This was what the contractor did to my fren's flat recently during the HIP. He moved to his daughter's place to stay during that period. It was during christmas. Lucky he dont celebrate christmas, if not sure.......... [furious]

I tot the sealing up of the whole place was done pretty well and confine the dust to the pathway.

attachicon.gifIMG-20161224-WA0009.jpg

Wah! Nicely done! Can minimize theft and dust!

not really cos there was gap on top, it has to be 100% if not will sure kena lot of dust.  Maybe in addition to what the contractor provide, put another layer of the plastic cover behind the first one and cover it all the way up and tape the ceiling 100%.

not really cos there was gap on top, it has to be 100% if not will sure kena lot of dust. Maybe in addition to what the contractor provide, put another layer of the plastic cover behind the first one and cover it all the way up and tape the ceiling 100%.

Honesty I don't think anyone can continue staying there with all the dusts

It's better to shift out for that 10 days, the cleaning afterwards is also very Jia lat

• Praise 1

Looks like bio hazard containment right?  [laugh]

Thatz the photo he showed me of his house on christmas eve. :XD:

Looks like bio hazard containment right? [laugh]

Thatz the photo he showed me of his house on christmas eve. :XD:

Hehehe like some maze like that, looks quite Jia lat

Think need to put on

• Praise 2

I was thinking also, furniture go to warehouse, human go to hotel. empty the whole place easier. Or mayb  all throw buy new ones, save the warehouse and moving cost.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

As above, anyone gone through this upgrading? What are things to take note of, especially for toilet/bathroom upgrading?

It's gonna be messy so need to cover the furniture, cabinet with plastic sheet they say. Where can I get the plastic sheet & the cost? Or other method for coverage?

And any protection for the flooring? Workers will be going in/out of the house so was thinking of laying canvas or cardboard.

Will also take this chance to redo bathroom fixtures & water heater which is already >10 yrs. Can the contractor assist? Maybe pay a token fee?

Seems must tahan for 10 days before work finished. [sweatdrop]  

Bro, go Kelantan Lane and buy those big big canvas . . . good for covering floor and furniture.

I used it when doing toilet reno . . . contractor gave the nod of approval  [laugh] after upgrading work over can go picnic  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Just shift all the furnitures into one room, lock it up

Then rent a place for a month lor

• Praise 1

As above, anyone gone through this upgrading? What are things to take note of, especially for toilet/bathroom upgrading?

It's gonna be messy so need to cover the furniture, cabinet with plastic sheet they say. Where can I get the plastic sheet & the cost? Or other method for coverage?

And any protection for the flooring? Workers will be going in/out of the house so was thinking of laying canvas or cardboard.

Will also take this chance to redo bathroom fixtures & water heater which is already >10 yrs. Can the contractor assist? Maybe pay a token fee?

Seems must tahan for 10 days before work finished. [sweatdrop]

What a coincidence. My block also undergoing toilet upgrade. But after a long consideration, we decided opt out.. Our toilet is less than 6yrs old and wifey prefer our own design. Most importantly, it is too inconvenient to family with small kids like me.. I have a 4mths baby and 4yrs toddler.

Anyway, do you happen to live at Blk 121?

What a coincidence. My block also undergoing toilet upgrade. But after a long consideration, we decided opt out.. Our toilet is less than 6yrs old and wifey prefer our own design. Most importantly, it is too inconvenient to family with small kids like me.. I have a 4mths baby and 4yrs toddler.

Anyway, do you happen to live at Blk 121?

If the majority residents of your block opt-in, it will still proceed. But u do have a choice not to take up all the package as some have pointed out. But with the hacking & noise coming from other flats will also affect you & your family so might be better to move out

Nope, my area don't have blk 121 

• Praise 7

All works need to stop by 6pm. So you should be able to enjoy peace after reaching home from work. Except those who work night shift will have problem sleeping during day time when the works are ongoing.

Twincharged

when i did reno, i stuffed most of my things in the storeroom .... so only my storeroom never do reno ... but they still connected the flooring pretty smoothly.

and for the bigger pieces of furniture and mashing machine, i put them all outside my flat close to my wall and squeezed lots of stuffs together and then used a tarp to cover them up and then tie with a rope .... something like those stalls at the pasar malam when they close for the night.

shrinkwrapped them all.

If your company has warehouse, am sure you can get it for FREE. [sly]

provided you got class 4 and your boss will let you take the 24 footer truck out.

else its gonna cost you about $400 for truck rental and a table at the coffee shop for your buds helping you carry stuffs !!

i only class 3 ... so i took my company 14 footer to carry furniture when i moved ... luckily my cousin was with me as he guided me to park the 14 footer ... else i would have reversed into a whole row of motorbikes !!

I remember one female colleague (chio) also had the upgrading works done and during that time they installed portable toilets/bathrooms at the void deck. Most of the residents, she said, went to the nearby swimming pool to wash up but she actually used the one at void deck and bathed there!  [grin]

Ehhh . . so dirty! What if somebody *ahem*   [sly]

I was thinking also, furniture go to warehouse, human go to hotel. empty the whole place easier. Or mayb  all throw buy new ones, save the warehouse and moving cost.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

AiyoH!! lock up furniture and stuff in the rooms and sleep in car lor  [sleeping]   

• Praise 1

I remember one female colleague (chio) also had the upgrading works done and during that time they installed portable toilets/bathrooms at the void deck. Most of the residents, she said, went to the nearby swimming pool to wash up but she actually used the one at void deck and bathed there!  [grin]

Ehhh . . so dirty! What if somebody *ahem*   [sly]

for those void deck have mama stall one good, free show or at least sound effect if somebody **ahem inside   [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement