Deadly amusement park ride

Kb27

A 13-year-old girl has died after being flung out of a fast-turning ride at an amusement park in southwestern China.

Media reports say she fell on to iron railings and was taken to a hospital, where she died.

An investigation showed her seatbelt had broken and a passenger safety bar did not fit tightly enough at the Chaohua Park near the city of Chongqing.

The "Travel Through Space" ride was inspected in December, reports said.

Chinese state media carried mobile phone footage showing the girl hanging from the seat before being hurled off.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38873719

Video

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Amusement park tragedy does not only happened in China.. USA has a few, and just recently, Australia's  Dreamworld got 4 killed. Send shivers to me when that was the ride we had took in 2015.

• Praise 6

Amusement park tragedy does not only happened in China.. USA has a few, and just recently, Australia's  Dreamworld got 4 killed. Send shivers to me when that was the ride we had took in 2015.

Poor girl, RIP.

You are right. These accidents do not just happen in China. Sad thing is the safety inspection was done last Dec but tragedy still happen.

• Praise 3

sunway also had an episode few years back right.

I heard about it when I was there when I was still studying (about a decade and a half ago), death or something, not sure. Already been shut down when visiting. A rollercoster ride.

Sigh... This is so sad...

Wonder how could this have happened...

Battlestar Galactica at RWS was shut down for ages before it resumed. Everyone was complaining, but it was likely a good decision.

Also, maybe it's a good thing that my kids and us all dun have the heart to go for such thrills...

RIP...

• Praise 2

Video was removed by youtube but ST reported this yesterday.

Hmmm.. was it even supposed to go 360??

As in the riders should have been feet down at all times.

It would be pulling substantial Gs..

↡ Advertisement