Car side protector sheet

DACH

yesterday i just kana a dent. i already parked so much to the side. somemore on the MSCP 4th level.

CCB Private Ambulance.

Drove Head-in. The Ambulance passenger side open the door and make a dent beside the fuel door

Yes, can understand your sadness. Heart pain.

Sometimes we tried to minimise receiving dents by doing that

1) park further away

2) park higher levels

3) corner lots

4) next to pillars

5) next to no parking zone

6) next to disable/handicap lots,

7) as far away as possible from next car etc

To such an extent as even to inconvenience ourself occasionally....but still unlucky - Dont know what to say really....

now i know who was the bugga who parked next to me when there are sooooooooooooooo many other lots.... :grin: :grin: attachicon.gifcar_close.jpg

maybe because its near the lift/stairs

or choose to park next to a more expensive cars - less target!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

No no... Park next to @Radx is the best... He more afraid of us dinging his 5yr old daughter F10 than us afraid of him. 

Dun believe can ask @Ins1dious @sp4wn or @Vid.... :D 

got 5 yrs already meh ... but U one brand new lel  :D

I heard tat

• Praise 3

Yes, can understand your sadness. Heart pain.

Sometimes we tried to minimise receiving dents by doing that

1) park further away

2) park higher levels

3) corner lots

4) next to pillars

5) next to no parking zone

6) next to disable/handicap lots,

7) as far away as possible from next car etc

To such an extent as even to inconvenience ourself occasionally....but still unlucky - Dont know what to say really....

maybe because its near the lift/stairs

or choose to park next to a more expensive cars - less target!

you missed out one:

8) Don't drive. Leave the car at home  [laugh]

• Praise 2

He only park beside 2 pillars lah. Then he drive super slow and hog the left lane with the buses so that his car dun overwork. [laugh] [laugh]

Now you reminded me ... his car fc super good . No wonder so good.
  • Praise 3

Hi all,

I am not sure whether this has been discussed before as I cannot find it in the search function.

I wanted to find out where can I install or buy some sort of door protector to protect the car being bang at car park lot by irresponsible car owner and passengers, and tight parking lot.

I am not referring to door guards but door protector to cover the doors or something.

Damn pek chek already, rear passenger door kana five times with the last one end up with a dent and a paint scratch. Went to respray that costs about $300. Car not even 6 months old. :pissed-off:

I looked at this but quite ex.

http://www.doorshox.com/

I am wondering if Singapore has anything like this on retail sales.

Thanks a lot.

I ordered a door molding from this company, pre painted matched the car. They try to make the molding fit the car model so it looks oem after fitting. So far my car only suffers dings in unprotected areas.

Downside is

Have to ship from states

Fitting it is not easy I used another car at home to gauge fitment as the Instructions is too Low to prevent dings

https://www.dawn-ent.com

I ordered a door molding from this company, pre painted matched the car. They try to make the molding fit the car model so it looks oem after fitting. So far my car only suffers dings in unprotected areas.

Downside is

Have to ship from states

Fitting it is not easy I used another car at home to gauge fitment as the Instructions is too Low to prevent dings

https://www.dawn-ent.com

It does look like the one on my previous E39

post-16870-0-16419500-1487050614_thumb.jpg

It does look like the one on my previous E39

The E series ones where more solid, after years with my E46 and hardly a scratch. Still love the E39 E46 series

Neutral Newbie

The doorshox guard is really ugly to the point it is a crime to put it on. Rubber fenders if paintable seem better imo. Both cannot give you the protection that you are looking for. There are clear braces out there that you can prevent scratches, primarily used to prevent stone chips. As for dents from inconsiderate drivers or carelessness, park far away from other cars, entrances, staircases, lifts etc.

The doorshox guard is really ugly to the point it is a crime to put it on. Rubber fenders if paintable seem better imo. Both cannot give you the protection that you are looking for. There are clear braces out there that you can prevent scratches, primarily used to prevent stone chips. As for dents from inconsiderate drivers or carelessness, park far away from other cars, entrances, staircases, lifts etc.

No matter where you park, it's hard to avoid. 

Park far away doesn't mean there won't be cars parking beside yours after that. 

Sometimes it's not you choosing the parking lot, but the lot choose you, like busy shopping malls. 

My idea is to put on the cover when parked the car and remove it once I'm going off.

↡ Advertisement