Hair Pomade

Fcw75

nowadays guys usually use matt clay or fibre wax

strong hold and gives matt look

the mcf resident yandao towkay hath spoken

:D

Anyone using hair pomade here?

Any favourite brand that you use for styling? 

Where possible, try to get water-based ones so that's its easier to wash off and it won't kinda accumulate or leave residue and make your hair sticky, smell or hard to shape and style after awhile.

The wax based ones and most from a popular brand of men's products starting with G often have a tendency to have this consequence. The oil-based ones are not bad, but it takes some time to adapt to using them to achieve that lasting, wet look style, and some people may not be too used to the oily consequence e.g. forehead and scalp. 

Many brands available outside in the market these days (mostly American) - You can get it off Carousell or from those Box-stores in malls these days. Personally, I use one that is a formulation by the Men's Barber Shop I go to - Autocutt. You can find them on Facebook and they have both the water-based and oil-based versions. 

If you want the true-blue old school style - Most supermarkets like Sheng Siong or Ang Mo Supermarket will stock up the old-school 'Tan Cho' for less than $4, comes in a yellow-green box. 

As usual, I'll disclaim that I have no association or commercial interests with the abovementioned brands. 

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 1

Too many brands. Am using Uppercut Matt pomade now.

Just wanna see what U guys use.

I tried american crew and M mitch (paul mitchell) previously, didnt like it cos both too greasy for me. went back to clay and wax. i ended up mixing some pomade and clay together in order to finish the product haha.

• Praise 1

I had stopped using pomade long ago after terrible experiences with Vitalis and Brylcreem (a hot sensation and copious dandruff - basically it was just killing off my scalp skin cells).

Recently (as in just a few days ago), I discovered this water based gel thing at Mustafa, which has a rather extensive hair care range. I think it's Gatsby "wet and hard". Super suggestive name, but damn if it doesn't work. And it doesn't give me any of the side effects that made me go off pomade in the first place.

Edited by Turboflat4

Recently (as in just a few days ago), I discovered this water based gel thing at Mustafa, which has a rather extensive hair care range. I think it's Gatsby "wet and hard". Super suggestive name, but damn if it doesn't work. And it doesn't give me any of the side effects that made me go off pomade in the first place.

you are applying on the wrong head lah

it is supposed to be an external replacement for the little blue pill

:D

↡ Advertisement