• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
73 replies to this topic | 174 praises

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Seems quite a few bros here read Chinese novels. Other than wu-xia, probably Ni Kuang's sci-fi is the most popular genre and many were made into movies and TV series. Recent discussion on JY novels made me want to re-read all these books again.

The 衛斯理 novel that left the most lasting impression on me was 【頭髮】 (Hair). The whole story revolves around how the human race are criminals exiled to planet Earth by the "gods" from the "heavens". The four main religious leaders are alien observers sent to Earth at different times. When I watched Ridley Scott's Prometheus movie, it reminded me of this book written by Ni Kuang in the 1970's.

s1432321.jpg

【天外金球】(The Legend of Golden Pearl) was made into a movie starring Sam Hui (許冠傑) and Joey Wong (王祖賢) in the 80's, and must be one of the first HK movies to use computer graphics.

s1435094.jpg

Ni Kuang also wrote wuxia novels and movie scripts such as 獨臂刀, and helped to write part of 天龍八部.

What are your favorite Ni Kuang books or movies, and why ?

Beregond Lala81 Tohto

Some how the Chinese title doesn't show up correctly. How to edit ?

Jman888

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 13 February 2017 - 06:38 PM.

Jellandross praised this

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

haha sorry. my understanding of chinese novels stop and end with JY  [laugh]

I read a bit of Xun Qin Ji. But that's about it lol...

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Recommend you read Ni Kuang novels .. shorter and easier to read than JY. Better than X files. [laugh] [laugh]

haha sorry. my understanding of chinese novels stop and end with JY  [laugh]

I read a bit of Xun Qin Ji. But that's about it lol...

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Too tough for me
I ish Jiak Kan Tan one :(
Kangadrool praised this

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

tried a few time seem like that 倪 word cannot come out.
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thank you sir. Fixed liao! [laugh] [laugh]

tried a few time seem like that 倪 word cannot come out.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Recommend you read Ni Kuang novels .. shorter and easier to read than JY. Better than X files. [laugh] [laugh]

ya his theory and ideal make x files seem like nothing.

and that was like ages ago.

i dun know wat go through his mind when he write his book.

i can say there will be no 1 like him again ever.

actually not short also, more or less. the story abit link here and there.

Edited by Beregond, 13 February 2017 - 07:46 PM.

Tohto and Ocean6576 praised this

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Recommend some of your favorite books leh.

ya his theory and ideal make x files seem like nothing.

and that was like ages ago.

i dun know wat go through his mind when he write his book.

i can say there will be no 1 like him again ever.

actually not short also, more or less. the story abit link here and there.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My first 卫斯理 novel was 蓝血人. It was an eye opener for me as I didnt know and think there is any sci fi type of story in chinese at all. But I dont really follow or read a lot of the series, just a few. 

Beregond and Roadrunner2029 praised this
"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My first 卫斯理 novel was 蓝血人. It was an eye opener for me as I didnt know and think there is any sci fi type of story in chinese at all. But I dont really follow or read a lot of the series, just a few. 

ya this 1 and old cat is also 1 of my first, 

after that i look for his first 1 to start, cos dun like read from middle.

actually the whole wei si lee series more of less abit link.

must make an effort to go reread all these stuff again [;)]

Roadrunner2029 praised this

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Too tough for me
I ish Jiak Kan Tan one :(

I also jia kan tan one. But I only read English book as need to write review during school days.
Wei Shili series is easy to understand and can be quite additive.

All my reading are all during the schooling days. Forgot most of the title already. But 蓝血人,头发 definitely read before. Some of book still kept at my parents place. During school days often exchange with classmates to read.

Edited by Tohto, 13 February 2017 - 08:16 PM.

Carbon82 and Roadrunner2029 praised this

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I can't recall this Andy Lau movie. Was it ever screened in Singapore ?

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I can't recall this Andy Lau movie. Was it ever screened in Singapore ?

Not sure about this one but I remembered Samuel Hui's version. 

"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I only know his son Ni Zhen married 永远玉女 Vivian Chow.

Damn it!
Tohto and Roadrunner2029 praised this

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that time i still fantasize how 白素 would look like... :want:

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

despite being Chinese-helicoptered, reading Chinese books will make me fall asleep before I managed to finish a single page.  [laugh] A very powerful sleep-inducing "drug" good cure for insomia.

Lala81 praised this

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

Somewhat1975
  • Somewhat1975
    5th Gear
    Author Image

stop reading this series when 卫斯理found his daughter, a female "Tarzan"  [:p]

Roadrunner2029 praised this

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:01 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Indeed! KNN. [laugh]

I only know his son Ni Zhen married 永远玉女 Vivian Chow.

Damn it!

Who's your favorite actress in 白素‘s role ?

that time i still fantasize how 白素 would look like... :want:

Still got this one.

01300000240273129463652694261_s.jpg

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:03 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

although I read many of his books, but funny that i have forgotten all the stories [:(]

maybe he was kidnapped by alien before.
Tohto praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also don't remember most of the stories. I think JY stories can remember because over the years, always got new movies and TV series to refresh memory. When got time, search online for e-books. [laugh] 

although I read many of his books, but funny that i have forgotten all the stories [:(]
maybe he was kidnapped by alien before.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: novels, wisely, ni kuang, sci-fi and 1 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)