• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all.

The aircon on the driver side of my near COE expiry car suddenly not blowing cold air.

I have tried playing around with different settings and variations as advised by my mechanic but still the same.

Any idea why is that so?

TIA

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

Still2016
  • Still2016
    Banned

Hi all.

The aircon on the driver side of my near COE expiry car suddenly not blowing cold air.

I have tried playing around with different settings and variations as advised by my mechanic but still the same.

Any idea why is that so?

TIA

Are you trying to show off that on Valentine's Day, you are really hot stuff that air-conditioning cannot keep you cool?

But on a serious note:

if your car has multi region cooling (individual zone control) then, likely your driver side sensor not working.

if your car does not have multi region cooling (individual zone control) then all air-conditioning outlet should not be cold either.

if your car front air-conditioning outlets have individual control that allows you to control individual outlet how much outside air to let it, the control may be jammed or not functioning properly.

Puteh83, Mercs and lausai88 praised this

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Are you trying to show off that on Valentine's Day, you are really hot stuff that air-conditioning cannot keep you cool?

But on a serious note:

if your car has multi region cooling (individual zone control) then, likely your driver side sensor not working.

if your car does not have multi region cooling (individual zone control) then all air-conditioning outlet should not be cold either.

if your car front air-conditioning outlets have individual control that allows you to control individual outlet how much outside air to let it, the control may be jammed or not functioning properly.

No multi region cooling or individual control whatsoever.

There's a total of 4 vents infront.

The 2 at passanger side is blowing cool air. The other 2 just normal wind.

ICar make is Honda Jazz GD

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No multi region cooling or individual control whatsoever.
There's a total of 4 vents infront.
The 2 at passanger side is blowing cool air. The other 2 just normal wind.

ICar make is Honda Jazz GD

i kana once....my radiator water not enough. Had to top up nearly 1 bottle of water. Dont ask me how....i also not sure! But i driving a proton......dont know honda same anot!
Together We stand Alone

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i kana once....my radiator water not enough. Had to top up nearly 1 bottle of water. Dont ask me how....i also not sure! But i driving a proton......dont know honda same anot!

erm...that's weird..

How did you find out?

Jin headache. COE expiring this may. Not here not there.

Edited by Puteh83, 14 February 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

erm...that's weird..
How did you find out?

Jin headache. COE expiring this may. Not here not there.

kana 1st time at jb custom during traffic jam.....hot air blew out from my aircon! Saw the engine water temperature nearly boiling point....so i off engine! After clearing customs and driving on the edl the temperature went down. When i reached destination i went do my personal stuff 1st and after an hour opened up the radiator cap. Not enough water! I think its some kinda safety mechanism to reduce the heat stress on the engine when the water temperature rises! Samething happened when my fuse for the radiator got burnt. Radiator fan couldnt start so the temperature went up and again the aircon blew hot air!
Puteh83 praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

kana 1st time at jb custom during traffic jam.....hot air blew out from my aircon! Saw the engine water temperature nearly boiling point....so i off engine! After clearing customs and driving on the edl the temperature went down. When i reached destination i went do my personal stuff 1st and after an hour opened up the radiator cap. Not enough water! I think its some kinda safety mechanism to reduce the heat stress on the engine when the water temperature rises! Samething happened when my fuse for the radiator got burnt. Radiator fan couldnt start so the temperature went up and again the aircon blew hot air!

interesting.

i will check later. 

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

OngBrother
  • Premium member
    OngBrother
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Have u go down to ur workshop and check for the air con gas level coz sometime gas leakage may make this thing happen
and if is gas leakage u can just top up gas since ur coe expiry is near

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Have u go down to ur workshop and check for the air con gas level coz sometime gas leakage may make this thing happen
and if is gas leakage u can just top up gas since ur coe expiry is near

Not yet.

work timing quite off these 2 weeks. will do it this wkend.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Fainsyah
  • Premium member
    Fainsyah
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

From my previous experience... my air con compressor not functioning and there was a leak of my air con gas.

Change compressor and topped up gas... it is fixed.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

From my previous experience... my air con compressor not functioning and there was a leak of my air con gas.

Change compressor and topped up gas... it is fixed.

Costly?

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

george78
  • george78
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Left 3 months of driving try to tahan. My car also hot air blowing and I tahan 4 months till my new car came. Wind down window when driving, but inhale smoke when jam in traffic. Don't follow big lorry behind.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

OngBrother
  • Premium member
    OngBrother
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Not yet.
work timing quite off these 2 weeks. will do it this wkend.

Did ur working place near kaki Bukit auto Bay coz if near there maybe u can come to my Father workshop and then have a look on it see whether it is worthy to repair or just top up gas til new car

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all.

Any idea why is that so?

TIA

If pax side is cold and the driver side is hot, my wild guess is the evaporator is clogged.
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Left 3 months of driving try to tahan. My car also hot air blowing and I tahan 4 months till my new car came. Wind down window when driving, but inhale smoke when jam in traffic. Don't follow big lorry behind.

thinking of renewing actually. 

car is actually in great condition except aircon. :P

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My experience previously was the cooling coil died somehow, only 2 vents has cool air while the others are normal air.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

May I suggest TS to go for the cheapest option first. Try to clean the evaporator first, DIY using those aircon cleaner if possible. Else just leave it to the experts.
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:32 AM

Fainsyah
  • Premium member
    Fainsyah
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Costly?

Can't remember. Cos I changed my compressor together with radiator as it leaked as well.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Puteh83
  • Premium member
    Puteh83
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If say im want to visit markcool. Must call them 1st or just drive in?

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If say im want to visit markcool. Must call them 1st or just drive in?

My advise is to give markcool a call before you proceed else might need to wait.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Easy Link Auto Services Pte Ltd

Easy Link Auto Services Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Eddiechang  |  1st Gear

Sent in my company truck for servicing with easylink. Maintenance wise was SOP. However some advice such as how to take care and what to take note, especially on some wear and tear parts, are good.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good service for the customers! » Read More

BH Auto Services Pte Ltd

BH Auto Services Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Andy4carz  |  Neutral Newbie

Just wanna drop a review to compliment BH Auto. I am very pleased with the service provided by BH Auto Service Pte Ltd.

On Friday 15/09/17, when i called an insurance office to enquire a claim issue, the officer advised me on what to do and directed me to the website of the listed workshops.

As i was looking for North/ Central area, tried calling t... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Air Conditioning

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, aircon, car, driver and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users