Lets talk about China history 上下五千年

Yaloryalor

Great men have great vices that are frequently overlooked...

Like that fact that Mao likes to deflower little girls? And the fact that he does it knowingly when he has VDs?

actually china history 5000 years very interesting and alot of good thing to talk about.

if not many of us wont even be here.

important thing is dun mix politic , 

who is the hero, good guys bad guys, 

and stuff like this leave it out,

then discussion will be more healthy [laugh]

just my tiny 0.2 cents -_-

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

actually even in school history, we hardly learnt chinese history.

We learnt about world wars. We learned about SEA history.

Mine was indonesia and Malaya history lol.

in sec 1-2, my history was taught in Chinese language. There was quite a bit on Chinese history. Pity that time I was not as keen on Jin Yong. Else, maybe i could have scored real well for that segment  [laugh]

in sec 1-2, my history was taught in Chinese language. There was quite a bit on Chinese history. Pity that time I was not as keen on Jin Yong. Else, maybe i could have scored real well for that segment  [laugh]

u in chinese ed school?

you should caligula. This wan crazy since young. Had incest with his beautiful sister, killed his opponent sadistically and even sent a general to a faraway mission so that he could have the general's wife.....crazy farker! Watch it back when i was schooling......think it was x rated!

the one directed by tinto brass?

lots of people no wear clothes...

incidentally, i remember my history teacher (auntie auntie type) told her the reason why one of the earliest dynasties (夏,商,or 周)died, was because the emperor was too cruel and sadistic. He would listen to the queen and hunted human for trophy, by forcing people to be like animals of prey (without clothes too) and run away, then use bow and arrow to hunt them down.

inevitably, the people rebelled and overthrew it...

actually there is a lot of chinese culture to be proud of.

it only went downhill after the communist took over.

the great leap forward led to them falling on their faces and they havent recovered since.

i suspect that alot of the bad behavior we see now is at least partially due to that period.

You're right. 

During that dark 10 yr or so, they threw all the educated people either into jail or make them go to the untouched land to grow crops to feed themselves, as they were not given food.

It was back to the most basics for survival. And many didn't make it.

So whatever culture, religion, grace, etc. all thrown out of the window. The only objective was survive.

• Praise 1

I am referring to one mighty emperor during the Han dynasty, Han Wu Di.

汉武帝 was mighty bec he defeated the 匈奴 . But many of the fellow citizen suffered due to long years of war  and shortage of good.  But of course it was something "bad" someone had to do  

• Praise 2

Same here but I hated the subject then as it required a lot of memory work...  

actually china history 5000 years very interesting and alot of good thing to talk about.

if not many of us wont even be here.

important thing is dun mix politic , 

who is the hero, good guys bad guys, 

and stuff like this leave it out,

then discussion will be more healthy [laugh]

just my tiny 0.2 cents -_-

Very difficult to talk history but not to mix politics lah....

Yeah, that's him.

To understand how Shih Huang Ti, his family background and the rise of his great empire, one has to read the history of Spring Autumn (Confucius) and Warring States (after Confucius). Qin was not a major power to begin with. Some legends say they grew from nomadic tribes.

same as 楚 ... 楚 raised to power but later kana makaned by 秦 . Weak leaders that caused the fall 

• Praise 3

that's why i find it funny that Mao is still regarded a hero.

Jiang Qing couldn't have done all she did without the tacit approval by Mao.

mao zedong was old and 'on the way' during that time.

but yes, he definitely has to bear some responsibility for the debacle.

However, the general consensus when he passed away, and 盖棺论定 time, most said he was the one who led PRC to victory and united the country finally and rallied everyone and with communism, ensured that everyone got to eat/survive, which was the fastest way to ensure that most (doubt it can be all) of the country can survive.

So his contribution is considered more than his wrongs, and was immortalised in modern china history. 

his red book is apparently the most-printed book in history of mankind.

heard from my father that my granduncle in China that generation, everyone addressed mao as 阿爷 (in cantonese).

incidentally, i remember my history teacher (auntie auntie type) told her the reason why one of the earliest dynasties (夏,商,or 周)died, was because the emperor was too cruel and sadistic. He would listen to the queen and hunted human for trophy, by forcing people to be like animals of prey (without clothes too) and run away, then use bow and arrow to hunt them down.

ya.......i just googled who was the director....

Great men have great vices that are frequently overlooked...

Like that fact that Mao likes to deflower little girls? And the fact that he does it knowingly when he has VDs?

wah, this one i never heard before. think must be censored to protect his god-like image...

where did you hear of this from?

u in chinese ed school?

that time was SAP school lor. did EL and CL as first languages...

• Praise 1

I think she referring to 商 

• Praise 2

When the king dies, all concubines, horses, servants die with him. This was the pretext of the Qin terracotta which in comparison was more humane.

This type practice like quite widespread is it? Tot ancient Egypt also like that?

btw, which dynasty were you referring to?

汉武帝 was mighty bec he defeated the 匈奴 . But many of the fellow citizen suffered due to long years of war  and shortage of good.  But of course it was something "bad" someone had to do  

Talk about 汉武帝,coming to my mind are 卫青, 霍去病, 李广,苏武.

• Praise 1

霍去病 probably one of the youngest generals in history and not paper general.

He never lost a fight at all。 Awarded 冠军侯. Too bad really die at very young age. [smallcry]  [smallcry]

↡ Advertisement