COE bidding - 2nd round of Feb 2017 delayed with change

wdldalian

I wonder if those who booked G COE after the budget announcement got their COE this round.

If so, COE is due for a downward adjustment to low 40k

Since no more panic?

↡ Advertisement

Fwah many people gotten their COE. Congratulations!

Where are those waiting for COE to dip to $10K / $20K ah.. [laugh]

i am one of those waiting because i can and willing to wait. when that day come, maybe not $20k, at least i know i have been patience enough and have not rush in to spend that extra $20k donation hahaha

for those that got theirs, congratulations and dont look back. 10 years later then talk about COE, start looking at other threads.

Think can start to get ready for low 40s coe v soon. Those who having cars reaching 10 years soon are considered lucky.

What did you see?
  • Praise 1

i am one of those waiting because i can and willing to wait. when that day come, maybe not $20k, at least i know i have been patience enough and have not rush in to spend that extra $20k donation hahaha

for those that got theirs, congratulations and dont look back. 10 years later then talk about COE, start looking at other threads.

What make you think that those high coe guys wont join the fun if coe is 30k?

Why must drive full 10yrs?

Those who take 5yrs or shorter loan,I thought will break even within 5yrs or shorter?No?

And a 5yrs oid car still worth at least 50k and above?Thats means they have 50k cash in hand for new car down payment to stand by when coe drops.They too can join in when coe drops.

• Praise 2

What make you think that those high coe guys wont join the fun if coe is 30k?

Why must drive full 10yrs?

Those who take 5yrs or shorter loan,I thought will break even within 5yrs or shorter?No?

And a 5yrs oid car still worth at least 50k and above?Thats means they have 50k cash in hand for new car down payment to stand by when coe drops.They too can join in when coe drops.

i didnt do the sum but i dont know how a $50k COE car makes sense to scrap and buy when COE goes down to $30k. those experts got to do your own sum. if it drops to $10k, then to me likely

i also didnt say they cannot join in the COE fun but what i meant is, spend time enjoying what you bought. dont worry if coe climbs or drop.

good if you could afford to change car as frewuent as possible. to enjoy the best depreciation value, quite obvoiously you need to drive that full term.

it is just a chit chat, good to hear different views. cheers

• Praise 1

i didnt do the sum but i dont know how a $50k COE car makes sense to scrap and buy when COE goes down to $30k. those experts got to do your own sum. if it drops to $10k, then to me likely

i also didnt say they cannot join in the COE fun but what i meant is, spend time enjoying what you bought. dont worry if coe climbs or drop.

good if you could afford to change car as frewuent as possible. to enjoy the best depreciation value, quite obvoiously you need to drive that full term.

The 50k Coe u see now is not as high as those who get it at 80k-100k.

Think about it at the higher range and u gauge for yourselves whether it make sense now

• Praise 2

Lower coe is desirable to all buyers even some sellers, but ah gong doesn't want , so ah gong will play dirty games if really drop below certain amount, it is the reality.

Every buyer wants a lower coe, me too.

The 50k Coe u see now is not as high as those who get it at 80k-100k.

Think about it at the higher range and u gauge for yourselves whether it make sense now

Do see bad economy now, all are about affordability and willingness, all have their own stand. Edited by mcflhw

Lower coe is desirable to all buyers even some sellers, but ah gong doesn't want , so ah gong will play dirty games if really drop below certain amount, it is the reality.

Every one want lower coe, me too.

Not everyone wants lower coe. Car dealers who earn from loan comms, buyers who already just got their coe wouldn't want to see prices fall much.

But I do get your point that ah gong has a threshold.

Not everyone wants lower coe. Car dealers who earn from loan comms, buyers who already just got their coe wouldn't want to see prices fall much.

But I do get your point that ah gong has a threshold.

Correction of last point, every buyer wants a low coe.

Ah gong is gov, sure has a threshold, look at the history will know.

Edited by mcflhw

Supercharged

Correction of last point, every buyer wants a low coe.

nope, every buyer wants a low price & high coe (unless ownself bid coe).

• Praise 1

Tio Liao

Charles chEesepie. they bidded 52k+ for me.

With this amount,I would have gotten 2 bids ago.

Wah Congrats leh Sgt!  [thumbsup]

Collecting ur new Kar in 2 weeks time?

Edited by Titanium
  • Praise 1

I scrap a 2003 car with 30k coe in 2006 and brought a 2006 car with 10k coe.

I don't need to come out any cash at all for down payment and the installment in fact is still lower by a lot.

• Praise 1

No harm done, just sharing our opinions only  [:p]

Anyway I'll be one of those few "kanchiong spiders" to buy new car again once COE drops significantly. My car just hit 1yr old, how time flies. 3 yr warranty reach = reason to change again, low coe just makes it even more irresistible, the new car feel  [:)]

Edited by Audi2016
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1