• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1249 replies to this topic | 2,942 praises

Posted Today, 12:58 PM

synthez
  • Premium member
    synthez
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Talking about Ody forum (may be I should bring this to another thread ... But where?). I like the Ody overall but do find quite a bit of engine noise invading the cabin especially when revved hard.

Any thought on good effective soundproofing that does not interfere with the 5 year warranty?

What about paint protection system (PPS)? Since I ended up paying extra $$$ to get the Carnelian Red Pearl, perhaps I should protect it. Which product would you recommend? Something that will effectively keep original showroom wet look shine for years with minimal maintenance? I have read about cQuartz, Ceramic Pro etc ... At a loss how to decide. Thoughts? Experience?

I used to think PPS products are BS until my friend recommended it to me. Used to do 3 monthly self waxing. Choose a reliable company, good product track record. After doing my ride, quite shiok to see the rain get repelled, or bird poo wash off easily. (Bird poo best wash off sooner rather then later, acidic bad for paint). A few years on, paint still looks brand new. Which reminds me, time to plan for re-treatment.

Posted Today, 01:01 PM

• Premium member
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

After test drive so many cars, I still cannot find a good replacement for my 07 Ody...initially I was looking at hybrid cars but after found out high CEVS mean low PARF & high profit from ADs /PIs these green cars really will not make any $$ense in SG other than good FC...

Sigh..looks like I have to seriously consider renew for another 10 years

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

obat22
  • obat22
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I used to think PPS products are BS until my friend recommended it to me. Used to do 3 monthly self waxing. Choose a reliable company, good product track record. After doing my ride, quite shiok to see the rain get repelled, or bird poo wash off easily. (Bird poo best wash off sooner rather then later, acidic bad for paint). A few years on, paint still looks brand new. Which reminds me, time to plan for re-treatment.

Can advise me who to contact at PPS as I am interested to wax my car in future. Also how much it will cost, thanks.

Posted Today, 01:22 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Good observation. When you take the plunge to renew COE, you forgo PARF value straightaway.

So spreading out that loss over (a potential) 10 years makes more economic sense than 5 years.

If you have already decided to renew COE, and have the cash upfront, do a 10 instead of 5 year renewal. If in the end you only drive it for 5 more years and it becomes totalled, it's still ok, you get back the prorated remainder of the PQP paid. No 'loss' to you in that sense. 25k is also not a huge amount in terms of putting into high yielding alternative investments.

But if your COE car lasts for longer than 5 years, in the sense you 'gain' by having spread your PARF value forgone over a longer period.

Think of the PARF as an "investment" and not "loss or forgone", paying to use the car I think is ok. Buying a new car also paying PARF in the car price.

Furthermore, a 10 year COE renewed car "holds much better value" den 5-yr COE car. I do not know how to explain in layman terms. But maybe think of a 99yr property VS a FREEHOLD property context!!

Posted Today, 01:29 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

All things equal, good economic times are still more favourable. Even if retrenched, likely to be able to find another job within a short period of time if the person has good skills and experience. During economic downturn, more companies firing than hiring, have to fight with many people for a job.

When discussing in theory anything is possible but when it comes to the real life hell who dare to do what they planned? If it were so easy in real life everyone would be millionaires after 2008 GFC... reality is that only some profited from GFC, most rode it out, and some got totally burned. Even if ask me do I dare to buy stocks and property when whole market is crashing, now in good times I tell you confirm whack all my cash and reserves in, but in real life when next crisis come I may humji again....

Yes of course.

But just because you dare not do it doesn't mean a person who says he is going to do it is foolish.

http://www.straitsti...ber-of-vehicles

We may see more breakdowns, and cars with battery issues that we have never seen before?

Exploding old batteries?

Leaks?

10 year old only. With proper maintenance, a car shouldn't have any problems hitting 20 years.

That is all.

Posted Today, 01:43 PM

Lee Jik Lek
  • Lee Jik Lek
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Think of the PARF as an "investment" and not "loss or forgone", paying to use the car I think is ok. Buying a new car also paying PARF in the car price.

Furthermore, a 10 year COE renewed car "holds much better value" den 5-yr COE car. I do not know how to explain in layman terms. But maybe think of a 99yr property VS a FREEHOLD property context!!

i do agree wanna renew, renew 10yr lah.. even sell/scrap later, still get back pro-rate amt. but once renew 5 yr, is the end liao..

islandwide erp will replace gantries come 2020. car will be charge on distance travel.. so no more coe liao, anyone can buy cars, pay per use. so everyone, don't worry so much, 3 more years, new pattern will chut liao. whatever we do now, commit now, very very soon, it will change for the "better" ! except our car loan repayment..will be constant till end.

Ben5266 praised this

Posted Today, 01:47 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

All things equal, good economic times are still more favourable. Even if retrenched, likely to be able to find another job within a short period of time if the person has good skills and experience. During economic downturn, more companies firing than hiring, have to fight with many people for a job.

When discussing in theory anything is possible but when it comes to the real life hell who dare to do what they planned? If it were so easy in real life everyone would be millionaires after 2008 GFC... reality is that only some profited from GFC, most rode it out, and some got totally burned. Even if ask me do I dare to buy stocks and property when whole market is crashing, now in good times I tell you confirm whack all my cash and reserves in, but in real life when next crisis come I may humji again....

Respect!! Spoken like a true gentlemen!!
There are many people blowing all the big trumpets and cannon balls!! When comes to "action" time, they are the 1st to vanish into thin air..run road fastest!!

My friend always tell me, there are opportunities everywhere but do we know how to tell whether it is an opportunity ? He always tell me "Money don't drop from the sky". U fight u got chance!

Yet, there are some willing to take the risks! Yes, I mean real risks!! Putting their heads on the chopping board type to fight the rough tidal waves. I have heard of some examples..high capital parked in business + committed to buy landed property with family of 2 teenage children to feed and sole bread winner of the family. It is really " DO IT" with every drop of blood or sweat!! No turning back type!
Well, wat I garner is, if one can ride the rough tides, there will be returns ROI. Of cos, it's no small decision and take a calculated risks!! If u r at the lowest, it can only go up!! Nothing to lose.

In life, how many 10 years do we have as a Human ? If we try, we have chance. No try = 0. Same like buying 4D or Toto.

Edited by YEN96, Today, 01:49 PM.

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Yes of course.

But just because you dare not do it doesn't mean a person who says he is going to do it is foolish.

10 year old only. With proper maintenance, a car shouldn't have any problems hitting 20 years.

I didn't say it was foolish, not me bro I'm innocent!

Posted Today, 04:25 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Respect!! Spoken like a true gentlemen!!
There are many people blowing all the big trumpets and cannon balls!! When comes to "action" time, they are the 1st to vanish into thin air..run road fastest!!

My friend always tell me, there are opportunities everywhere but do we know how to tell whether it is an opportunity ? He always tell me "Money don't drop from the sky". U fight u got chance!

Yet, there are some willing to take the risks! Yes, I mean real risks!! Putting their heads on the chopping board type to fight the rough tidal waves. I have heard of some examples..high capital parked in business + committed to buy landed property with family of 2 teenage children to feed and sole bread winner of the family. It is really " DO IT" with every drop of blood or sweat!! No turning back type!
Well, wat I garner is, if one can ride the rough tides, there will be returns ROI. Of cos, it's no small decision and take a calculated risks!! If u r at the lowest, it can only go up!! Nothing to lose.

In life, how many 10 years do we have as a Human ? If we try, we have chance. No try = 0. Same like buying 4D or Toto.

You sound like MLM salesman. No offence.

Posted Today, 05:53 PM

plim8888
  • plim8888
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi synthez,

Which PPS product are you using on your car?

Is it really effective in keeping the showroom shine and wet look for a few years? And is it really easy to clean up without needing regular polishing?

What about if you leave it wet after the rain? Do you see stubborn water stain marks? Or will they be easily cleaned up?

BTW, does the PPS application cover windscreen as well as the sports rims? I heard some recommend doing that as well.

Thanks.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, bidding, lta, 2017, delayed and 1 more...

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users