COE bidding - 2nd round of Feb 2017 delayed with change

wdldalian

Actually what's wrong with waiting for economic crisis before buying? If I am indeed hit hard, then won't it be much worse if I had bought when times are good?

Dunno when crisis coming ma. Going forward coe drought also. So alot of car owners with 1 to 3 yrs left on their ride need to tink whether to buy now when the coe is quite low as compared to prior years.
↡ Advertisement

Actually what's wrong with waiting for economic crisis before buying? If I am indeed hit hard, then won't it be much worse if I had bought when times are good?

LOL ..... most ppl want low COE, no? Anyone wish for economic crisis can have it, but no for me.

Any taker for more fruity pastries?

post-170514-0-81581200-1488167807_thumb.jpg

Economic crisis...the money that is not already spent on a car should be better put to hoot properties and stocks.... [;)]  During the up cycle cash out and your profit can probably pay off in cash a much better car than what you originally budget for.

and then just continue to squeeze with the best public transport system in the world. :D

That is my non-nirvana qualified 2ct (w/gst) worth of financial advice. :D

• Praise 1

Economic crisis...the money that is not already spent on a car should be better put to hoot properties and stocks.... [;)] During the up cycle cash out and your profit can probably pay off in cash a much better car than what you originally budget for.

and then just continue to squeeze with the best public transport system in the world. :D

That is my non-nirvana qualified 2ct (w/gst) worth of financial advice. :D

Many people have been waiting for that time to hoot but have been hoot for years instead. Economy has been up and up for a long time, the recession cycle that peolle have been talkng about seems none existence in the new economy.

Still using SE meh? I got few of their latest name cards, all using SC = Sales Consultant

You can change the title but it's still a salesman

Just like the Aunty cleaning toilets at work is now called a Hygiene Control Officer !

• Praise 1

In the event of an economic crisis, many ppl would be hard hit and probably you too. ð better not.

Are you trying to get a new ride first time? Your wise strategy does not seem practical in the prevailing COE climate. I leave it to others in this thread to consider your wise strategy.

‘Wise’ is probably a subjective term. Like I said one man's foolishness is another man's wisdom. This strategy has been serving me well and am happy with it. No one has to follow it. Just sharing my views. If everyone enjoys a rumble to fight for COE to push prices up, it's his / her prerogative. I am definitely staying out of it. LOL.

Hi All,

So what do you all think? Next COE up / down?

Last COE KM AD bid 50500 sigh...

Should be down but dont expect huge decline. Last round went up because many people rushed in to book their car ahead of budget anniuncement in anticipating of a cut in COE quota. Edited by Ct3833

Yes, you are right. When coe is at 38k last year, there are folk like you singing the same song. Not sure whether is good or bad for those listeners that follow these folk suggestion to wait further.

You judge yourself. [laugh]

‘Wise’ is probably a subjective term. Like I said one man's foolishness is another man's wisdom. This strategy has been serving me well and am happy with it. No one has to follow it. Just sharing my views. If everyone enjoys a rumble to fight for COE to push prices up, it's his / her prerogative. I am definitely staying out of it. LOL.

Another new Odyssey owner!! hi bro, welcome to the Ody "club" and forum!

you will be heartened to know that ody prices went up by $4k even though Cat B increase by only $2.4k

delay registration might be possible, hope they are able to help you out with it!

Thanks TangoElite.

This is actually my third Odyssey. Got my first one in 2000. Second one in 2004. Then now.

Can understand why KM raise Odyssey price by 4K. They now only have newer batch with almost 2K higher OMV. 2K + 2K = 4K. The last batch with lower OMV sold like hot cake starting about 2 weeks ago.

Will talk to my KM SE later to work out delivery date :-).

• Praise 1

buying cars are one time deal every 10 years most times.

Akin to buying a HDB.

After the sweet sweet smell of a new car is gone, the prolong interest on interest payment of the car will continue till you either get rid of the car or you buy another one.

Best is pay cash.

Buying a car most time is an emotional decision. You go with the heart instead of the head.

Your inner voice and most time your wife will tell you to buy the cheaper car. You two will start to argue that if you dont ask her to not buy a Prada Bag and choose a charles and Kieth bag , perhaps she should keep her decision to herself and you start living a life at Sofa city.

So should we go and buy the cheaper VEZEL or a Agent HRV or buy that Turbo Civic, else buy the non turbo and lie to yourself by swapping out the rims and parts to a turbo.

Of course the Rise and fall of a COE of 4 or 5 K is important and its your hard earn money. But if you going to divide by 7 years, it hardly make any difference as if paying closed to 15K interest for the whole period of the car on average.

And if you have to count the beans for every cent, you better off taking public transport as you will end up being very bitter everytime the car price drop or the petrol price or parking charges rise.

I'll be contented if it stays arount 40 to 50 K range. Neither high nor low. Economy continues to be stable or improve.

No violent crimes or terror or MERS virus and good job prospect.

• Praise 6

buying cars are one time deal every 10 years most times.

Akin to buying a HDB.

After the sweet sweet smell of a new car is gone, the prolong interest on interest payment of the car will continue till you either get rid of the car or you buy another one.

Best is pay cash.

Buying a car most time is an emotional decision. You go with the heart instead of the head.

Your inner voice and most time your wife will tell you to buy the cheaper car. You two will start to argue that if you dont ask her to not buy a Prada Bag and choose a charles and Kieth bag , perhaps she should keep her decision to herself and you start living a life at Sofa city.

So should we go and buy the cheaper VEZEL or a Agent HRV or buy that Turbo Civic, else buy the non turbo and lie to yourself by swapping out the rims and parts to a turbo.

Of course the Rise and fall of a COE of 4 or 5 K is important and its your hard earn money. But if you going to divide by 7 years, it hardly make any difference as if paying closed to 15K interest for the whole period of the car on average.

And if you have to count the beans for every cent, you better off taking public transport as you will end up being very bitter everytime the car price drop or the petrol price or parking charges rise.

I'll be contented if it stays arount 40 to 50 K range. Neither high nor low. Economy continues to be stable or improve.

No violent crimes or terror or MERS virus and good job prospect.

That bro Is all that is needed to say, yet there are ppl who still do.

Wonder how many have had hypertention developed as a result of monitoring the COE threads...or get stroked out even...I dun see pastry anymore here...

• Praise 2

Hi All,

So what do you all think? Next COE up / down?

Last COE KM AD bid 50500 sigh...

what CAT B car you bought from KM? 

Odyssey? Accord? Civic Turbo? CRV? 

don't worry, next round should be able to get

new Ody owner here too! but didnt manage to get COE the last round, needa wait till 8th march now. anyway where can i join the club and forum? doesnt seem too active haha

Another new Odyssey owner!! hi bro, welcome to the Ody "club" and forum!

you will be heartened to know that ody prices went up by $4k even though Cat B increase by only $2.4k  

delay registration might be possible, hope they are able to help you out with it! 

Ya hor.

According to MCF's theory, it is better to buy a $100k car now and then get retrench 6 months later than to wait till kena retrench and buy a $80k car after 6 months. [:p]

Because it is more atas to drive a $100k car than a $80k car....  even though it is the same car.

:XD:

↡ Advertisement