Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1348 replies to this topic | 3,203 praises

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

therock
  • therock
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Did you buy from PI? What's their reason for not registering yet?

No biggie, I got my COE in Sept, my car only came in this year..  [laugh]

Not a PI..

Some cars take a long time to come..

Pinobii and RH1667 praised this

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

RCTP
  • Premium member
    RCTP
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Did you buy from PI? What's their reason for not registering yet?

Not PI, C&C.

As I said, YMMV. There are a whole lot factors that will affect the registration/delivery of your vehicle.
Pinobii praised this

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

LaBamba
  • Premium member
    LaBamba
    Clutched
    Author Image

No biggie, I got my COE in Sept, my car only came in this year.. [laugh]
Not a PI..
Some cars take a long time to come..

Oic... what car is it? It must be a rare, luxury car cos most of the popular & common cars should arrive within 1-2 mths.

Not PI, C&C.

As I said, YMMV. There are a whole lot factors that will affect the registration/delivery of your vehicle.

Agree. Btw what's YMMV?
Pinobii praised this

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

therock
  • therock
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Oic... what car is it? It must be a rare, luxury car cos most of the popular & common cars should arrive within 1-2 mths.
Agree. Btw what's YMMV?

Actually most Conti cars are not ex stock..

You buy, they build then it's on a boat over..

1-3 months is normal..

YMMV = your mileage may vary.. cheers

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Actually most Conti cars are not ex stock..

You buy, they build then it's on a boat over..

1-3 months is normal..

YMMV = your mileage may vary.. cheers

Dun say Conti.

My SE said the tucson we booked, is also only now being assembled... scheduled to arrive in Apr, but got no firm date...

Did they under-indent, or did the car sell so well that they run out of stock??? 

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

therock
  • therock
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Dun say Conti.

My SE said the tucson we booked, is also only now being assembled... scheduled to arrive in Apr, but got no firm date...

Did they under-indent, or did the car sell so well that they run out of stock??? 

Even Civics may not be ex stock.

But if you go for BMW, Merc or even Audi, very seldom do one get a car in under 2 months..

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Audi2016
  • Audi2016
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If ex stock, you get it under 2 weeks. Mine was delivered in 10 days. Book on day 1, day 3 COE bidding, no loan, car prepped, deliver on 10th day.

Most conti cars models, before the shipment reaches SG, already more than half is booked with chassis number tagged to a sales agreement liao  [laugh]

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

orangemonkey
  • orangemonkey
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

They'll probably have something preventing cat B from being lower than cat A

Like what? Set a minimum for both cat?

Edited by orangemonkey, 03 March 2017 - 02:32 PM.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Alot of time is the business model.

In days of almost free COE, conti brands have been known to bring in loads of exstock for their baseline volume sellers for immediate regiatration. This method is possible simply because these cars are flying off the shelves.

Recent year trend have been for indent basis or sell the small volume of cars already prespecced to the AD's requirement. Once these are sold out, then you will go on indent booking basis. 

Of course some models are not as popular, usually will have a few exstock sitting around for months and the ADs usually gives incentives to clear these or impose a penalty for buyers who prefer to option in up their purchase (ie. Indent). 

Even Civics may not be ex stock.

But if you go for BMW, Merc or even Audi, very seldom do one get a car in under 2 months..

√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√♥

┣▇▇▇═─

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, bidding, lta, 2017, delayed and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users