VW sharan or BMW 216GT?

Su27

I found a pic of the Sharan 3rd row... seems to be the same reviewer in the photo

My 2 teenage boys have gotten used to sitting in the rear seats as it more than suits their needs (and legs).

Very obvious who has the better 3rd row.

The main diff is the thigh support as the seats seem higher in the Sharan. It's not comfortable siting with your thighs/knees almost up to your chest and worse still if you have a belly [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

if the 3rd row is frequently used, might want to consider the walk through to third row concept, faster boarding and unboarding.

no need to fold down the second row to access the last row, and folding down rear seats will be more difficult if there are child seats on the second row

Given TS requirement, the Sharan has an unfair advantage over GT.

If both badge have equal status, GT will stand no chance at all.

If TS had chosen Touran vs GT then it's a whole different story.

agree . Touran vs GT will be more a apple-to-apple comparison.

agree . Touran vs GT will be more a apple-to-apple comparison.

Touran is def apple to apple comparison you are right but if you compare price v price than Sharan v 2GT is also not wrong.

• Praise 3

if the 3rd row is frequently used, might want to consider the walk through to third row concept, faster boarding and unboarding.

no need to fold down the second row to access the last row, and folding down rear seats will be more difficult if there are child seats on the second row

Trouble with aisle type of 2nd row is you waste a seat there and effectively 2nd row can only sit 2 but agree that in terms of accessibility to 3rd row, aisle is easier.

• Praise 3

Trouble with aisle type of 2nd row is you waste a seat there and effectively 2nd row can only sit 2 but agree that in terms of accessibility to 3rd row, aisle is easier.

Best is those 2nd row with 3 individual seats that can be taken out. Just remove the centre seat for normal day commute, and put back when need to ferry more people. I did that for my previous Touran, really functional.

The latest US Ody also seems to be able to do that. Hope the coming jap Ody model change would have this feature.

Actually for Sharan, you do not need to fold down the 2nd row to access the 3rd as the machenism is very easy to use, just lift the seat forward with the lever at the top side of the seat. Can do it with one hand easily, even my 6yr old child can do it.

As for Infant child seats, can attached to middle and/or one side of the 3 individual seats. and leave the other side for access. Good thing is even the middle seat comes with 3 point harness unlike a lot of jap cars, middle only 2 point. I own a Presage previously with walk through and find there is no difference in timing for boarding and unboarding for both.

• Praise 2

Touran is def apple to apple comparison you are right but if you compare price v price than Sharan v 2GT is also not wrong.

But that makes GT neither here nor there. If it's Sharan vs GT, space definitely lose out. If Touran vs GT, price definitely lose out.

Probably only the badge will win for those really brand concious.

But that makes GT neither here nor there. If it's Sharan vs GT, space definitely lose out. If Touran vs GT, price definitely lose out.

Probably only the badge will win for those really brand concious.

2GT direct competitor should be Touran as they both in mid MPV class unlike Sharan which is a full MPV. However due to the badge, 2GT price is in Sharan category so like some have posted here, if space is the criteria, Sharan is the obvious choice and if you on a lower budget, Touran is the one.

2GT is more for the drive, prestige and badge. Heck, for that matter even Carens about the same size as 2GT.....and so much cheaper but I still bought the 2GT lol [laugh]

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

2GT direct competitor should be Touran as they both in mid MPV class unlike Sharan which is a full MPV. However due to the badge, 2GT price is in Sharan category so like some have posted here, if space is the criteria, Sharan is the obvious choice and if you on a lower budget, Touran is the one.

2GT is more for the drive, prestige and badge. Heck, for that matter even Carens about the same size as 2GT.....and so much cheaper but I still bought the 2GT lol [laugh]

Yup. How about Mobilio or Sienta, can also be part time Uber. lol

Yup. How about Mobilio or Sienta, can also be part time Uber. lol

Actually Mobilio is value for money and not forgetting it's a Honda but the interior quality really CMI but I guess if you on a budget and need 7 seats, this is a consideration.

Sienta is ingenious for its design. Nvr seen a 7 seater keep its 3rd row seats under the 2nd row before and it's spacious despite being not much bigger than a normal saloon/HB [thumbsup]

• Praise 5

Actually Mobilio is value for money and not forgetting it's a Honda but the interior quality really CMI but I guess if you on a budget and need 7 seats, this is a consideration.

Sienta is ingenious for its design. Nvr seen a 7 seater keep its 3rd row seats under the 2nd row before and it's spacious despite being not much bigger than a normal saloon/HB [thumbsup]

not very comfy. the 2nd row is more like a bench. I sit before while taking Uber.

haha no where to put my arm also lol...

Not a fair comparison in the 1st place. Size of sharan is so much bigger than the 216GT

In terms of car class, should compare with Touran. Price then compare with Sharan.

↡ Advertisement