The new Water and Carbon Tax

RadX

Our finance minister must go for brain check up again after the first stroke as he anyhow raise water fee by 30% as it is too steep to swallow for ordinary folks like us. Or maybe someone changed his finance budget script while he is hospitalised. Either way 30% increase is way too steep.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

All here complaining for the sake of complaining. When come erection 70% still put a cross on the lightning.

Hmmm... So that's why the water price increase is 30% lor.

If 99% vote pap, will we have just a 1% increase?

• Praise 1

Hmmm... So that's why the water price increase is 30% lor.

If 99% vote pap, will we have just a 1% increase?

so must blame the 30% for the increase...me included!
  • Praise 1

What I see is monopoly. Anti-competition. We are surrounded by seawater. The desalination plants are owned by the govt and they dictate the price of clean water. What we want is to introduce competition to make prices competitive not the govt says how much and we LL have to pay that amount.

47321227.jpg

Good morning.

I did a quick check to understand what the pap meant when they said water costs have been increasing.

In 2008, 1 cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for $0.30.

In 2017, one cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for 27.6¢.

As you can see, the wholesale price of newater has increased substantially from 0.30 to 27.6. A 9100% increase!!!

Don't you feel lucky that the increase to us is only 30%?

this  1  i dun understand. 

i thought newwater is goverment project? how come goverment have to pay for their own water??

if not, then newater is buy from private company??

buying from private company, 10 years can up price by 9100%??? 

Nothing much to talk about. It's all one-sided as usual. Ppl are expected to listen and follow.

Get ready your buckets, pail and trolley. Raining time go collect rain water.

Water from the sky belongs to them too , so cannot anyhow take and collect :D

They already charge for any water that come out from our taps, later they charge $ for any water that drop from the sky and fall on our house :D

All here complaining for the sake of complaining. When come erection 70% still put a cross on the lightning.

Thought there will be a golden sky after a storm ... looks like there are more lightnings after lightnings :D

• Praise 2

Good morning.

I did a quick check to understand what the pap meant when they said water costs have been increasing.

In 2008, 1 cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for $0.30.

In 2017, one cubic meter of newater was being sold to PUB for 27.6¢.

As you can see, the wholesale price of newater has increased substantially from 0.30 to 27.6. A 9100% increase!!!

Don't you feel lucky that the increase to us is only 30%?

ha.. see la.. your sarcasm confused so many ppl ...  :XD:  [smash]

Our finance minister must go for brain check up again after the first stroke as he anyhow raise water fee by 30% as it is too steep to swallow for ordinary folks like us. Or maybe someone changed his finance budget script while he is hospitalised. Either way 30% increase is way too steep.

please dun get personal on this, one more time will serve you warning.

Budget not all plan out by him.

• Praise 2

The gov spend money make commercial ads, get ppl to go ard households to introduce water saving devices, put up posters to ask ppl save water, and how many of us listen? 

So someone up there say, "see lah, told you already, these jokers how you educated also no use one, they are so used to having open tap got water come out. I tell you what, stop all the spending, and increase water tax. Simple, easy, effective and make more money."

KPKB how? let it be lah, it will come to s stage where they cannot tahan and will automatically start to save water, and when they start seeing their water bills drop, the kpkb will stop. No worries.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

take a simple example, wash car. Even with the control of water flow, anyone take care not to waste water when washing car?  I see ppl attached a hose to the outlet, and 20 cents after 20 cents they insert and spray away happily at their car. I the salty one, bring 3 pails, 20 cents collect 2.5 pails and enough for me to wash my car, including cleaning the rims. 

The other water spending creature in the household, believe me, is the maid!

These girls come from places where they seldom get to enjoy open tap got water flow, to them water is free. The amount of water they use to wash toilet will knock you off your chair. I realised that whenever my maid is not ard, my water bill drops. So I did some adjustments to the water flow of my taps, told her to use pail instead of the hose to wash toilet. And told her that water is not free, here we need to pay for every drop of water. 

And what happen, my water bill drop by $10-12.  ^_^

But my water consumption  is still high compare to what PUB is comparing me to, and water makes up half of my PUB bills. Electricity and gas the other half, with half of my cooking done on PUB gas.  <_<

• Praise 8

And these buggers want to raise water charges in July...when it is the hottest time of the year for showers....

Also I am quite sure factories are now factoring this consideration into whether to relocate...pui..pappies cost us manufacturing jobs..

Looks like I must get into the services sector... [:p]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

The gov spend money make commercial ads, get ppl to go ard households to introduce water saving devices, put up posters to ask ppl save water, and how many of us listen? 

So someone up there say, "see lah, told you already, these jokers how you educated also no use one, they are so used to having open tap got water come out. I tell you what, stop all the spending, and increase water tax. Simple, easy, effective and make more money."

KPKB how? let it be lah, it will come to s stage where they cannot tahan and will automatically start to save water, and when they start seeing their water bills drop, the kpkb will stop. No worries.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

take a simple example, wash car. Even with the control of water flow, anyone take care not to waste water when washing car?  I see ppl attached a hose to the outlet, and 20 cents after 20 cents they insert and spray away happily at their car. I the salty one, bring 3 pails, 20 cents collect 2.5 pails and enough for me to wash my car, including cleaning the rims. 

The other water spending creature in the household, believe me, is the maid!

These girls come from places where they seldom get to enjoy open tap got water flow, to them water is free. The amount of water they use to wash toilet will knock you off your chair. I realised that whenever my maid is not ard, my water bill drops. So I did some adjustments to the water flow of my taps, told her to use pail instead of the hose to wash toilet. And told her that water is not free, here we need to pay for every drop of water. 

And what happen, my water bill drop by $10-12.  ^_^

But my water consumption  is still high compare to what PUB is comparing me to, and water makes up half of my PUB bills. Electricity and gas the other half, with half of my cooking done on PUB gas.  <_<

there is only one way... you shld stand there and jaga how she use water when she showering....   :XD:

• Praise 4

please dun get personal on this, one more time will serve you warning.

Budget not all plan out by him.

you actually let him off

this is in real bad taste and we do not need these kinds of idiots here

• Praise 1

i tried this so many times....but it became a water wasting exercise as we always ended up being longer in the shower with the water turned on...

↡ Advertisement