The new Water and Carbon Tax

RadX

I am not that worried about the 30% increase. Has checked and my monthly water bills are less than $20. A full 30% increase will most probably push it up by another $6?

I stay in a HDB and will have $60 extra to offset this, and will at most have one bowl of ramen less per month to offset this increase?

I think this will hit harder on the factories and manufacturing sectors.

On the other hand, if the govt tries this same method on electricity..... I will definitely die. lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

no wonder his beemer very nice!

he take a pail of water, after he clean himself, he clean his beemer with the same pail of water. Thats why got feeling already, die die also wont sell.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

@radx say he shower at gyms before going home lo....   + already lifetime free membership.. ... really is calculate until last drop... keke

i think he even tabao some home   [laugh]  [laugh]

2614RXdTribalClash15-495x400.jpg

• Praise 2

he take a pail of water, after he clean himself, he clean his beemer with the same pail of water. Thats why got feeling already, die die also wont sell.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Damn!

and i am still hoping and waiting to buy his 5er at a bargain! 

Cost to disinfect will be high!  [laugh]

Think will start looking elsewhere liao. 

• Praise 1

I am not that worried about the 30% increase. Has checked and my monthly water bills are less than $20. A full 30% increase will most probably push it up by another $6?

I stay in a HDB and will have $60 extra to offset this, and will at most have one bowl of ramen less per month to offset this increase?

On the other hand, if the govt tries this same method on electricity..... I will definitely die. lol

as long as dun on A/C your electricity bill wont be high [:p]

the major of most of our bills come from A/C 

this is the 1 killing me also [crazy]

i think the water increase effect commerical more then normal household.

• Praise 1

he take a pail of water, after he clean himself, he clean his beemer with the same pail of water. Thats why got feeling already, die die also wont sell. [:p][laugh][laugh]

must got the same smell or not har.....

Damn!

lol....

That $60 handout is one time only but you live with the water price increase forever....

Not to mention the tsunami of follow on inflation that follows...the bak kut teh, starbucks coffee, swimming pool entry fees etc.

• Praise 1

Damn!

you late lah.

Last time I always wait for his car, he said want sell me his C class, but knn go trade in while I gong gong wait. Now his 5ers you can wait long long.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

His CB car, after 10 years I think still like new, think he renew COE until he go back.  [:p]

as long as dun on A/C your electricity bill wont be high [:p]

the major of most of our bills come from A/C 

this is the 1 killing me also [crazy]

i think the water increase effect commerical more then normal household.

yah man, A/C is the killer, no amount of LED light savings can offset A/C charges.  [crazy]

• Praise 1

cannot be, i see people doing it everywhere, even outside mrt station [laugh][laugh]

Do doesn't mean legal.

Saf rule 7. Do but don't get caught.

Haha. I hear ppl say only.

We should have a list of How to save water?

Use bath water wash floor

Use laundry water to wash toilet

Use rice water to water plant

Whole family pee one toilet end of day the flush

What else?

Gahmen is introducing the new Water tax in 2018

Let's discuss here

It's an excuse to raise revenue for the government and a hidden GST hike in disguise.

Remember raise GST to help the poor.

If water is such  previous resource, why are we letting in so many foreigners in to deplete it at a faster rate?

If indeed water conservation is the real motive, then the tax should be staggered for residential.

ICA has all the addresses and knows number of people per household.

A reasonable amount should be sold at a lower rate for basic consumption. Anything above this amount will be charged at the higher rate. I'm agreeable of the rate increase if go by this model.

and all these will have a trickle down effect on all of us...

the products we buy.. the food we eat.. watever u can think off... 

since they are taxing a basic RAW material.... 

• Praise 1