The new Water and Carbon Tax

RadX

Hypersonic

Reducing the ministers' salaries, with the PM's one slashed by at least 80%, is the most logical step to put taxpayers' monies into good use.

if pay you 200k per annum to run for office and be minister, you will accept the job or not?

(edited)

if pay you 200k per annum to run for office and be minister, you will accept the job or not?

Edited by Aaronlkl

Hypersonic

Bro are u saying that leaders and their ministers all around the world are underpaid? [idea]

Everything has a benchmark.

it is a direct question...don't shun it by comparing to other ministers around the world

give you 200k pa and ask you to run for office and take up the job of managing a ministry, would you accept?

it is a direct question...don't shun it by comparing to other ministers around the world

give you 200k pa and ask you to run for office and take up the job of managing a ministry, would you accept?

• Praise 2

(edited)

Lets love our country more

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2017-03-08-21-06-23.png

Old car or new car, 4 wheeler or 2 wheeler, petrol or diesel, private or public transport,

as long as u r Sinkies

U kena!

[laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

Ah gong jin fair one [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=16523

Owners of petrol vehicles will have to maintain their cars and bikes regularly if they are to pass regular inspections next year. From 1st April 2018, most of these vehicles will have to emit less carbon monoxide than now, and will have to meet a new hydrocarbons cap.

16523_p1_s_2.jpg
spacer.gif
Existing vehicles will be able to meet the heightened inspection standards as long as they are well maintained with proper and regularly servicing

For instance, any car registered between 1st January 2001 and 31st March 2014 currently cannot have more than 3.5 percent of carbon monoxide in its emission. This cap will be lowered to one percent from April next year. On top of that, the emission cannot contain more than 300 parts per million (ppm) of hydrocarbons, a byproduct of imperfect combustion.

For cars registered from 1st April 2014, the standards are even higher - a carbon monoxide composition of no more than 0.3 percent, and a hydrocarbon make-up of no more than 200ppm at an engine speed of 2,000rpm.

Motorcycles registered between 1st July 2003 and 30th September 2014 will also have to meet a hydrocarbons cap - 7,800ppm and 2,000ppm for two-stroke and four-stroke models, respectively. The hydrocarbons cap for those registered from 1st October 2014 will be even lower at 1,000ppm. On top of that, these newer models cannot have more than three percent of carbon monoxide in their exhaust gases, down from 4.5 percent now.

For diesel vehicles, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said the current smoke opacity test will continue to apply. The opacity test was last tightened in 2014, from 50 Hartridge Smoke Units (HSU) to 40 HSU.

Explaining the difference in test treatment, the NEA said petrol vehicles generally emit more carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons while diesel vehicles generally emit more smoke (a proxy for particulate matter). "This is in accordance to international practices on testing of emissions from in-use vehicles," it added. The Straits Times understands that existing vehicles will be able to meet the heightened inspection standards as long as they are well maintained with proper and regularly servicing.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

Hypersonic

If you think that 200k per annum is still not enough for you, then join the private sector.

No one says you can only have one career path.

Not many people can earn 200k per annum. Thats about 17k per month already.

orh ok i assume you accept

then how would you structure the pay scale of the civil servants who help you run the ministry?

Supersonic

orh ok i assume you accept

then how would you structure the pay scale of the civil servants who help you run the ministry?

Hypersonic

I'm not a HR expert.

Maybe you can enlighten me?

As far as payroll is concerned, it must be at least competitive within the market benchmark of the related industry sector, and private sector and vice versa, and adjusted according to inflation and costs of living.

you sound like an expert mah... i definitely not

from your post, the civil servants be paid market benchmark while minister should be capped at 200k pa period

so the perm sec will earn far higher than the minister...sounds like a good plan

(edited)

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Old car or new car, 4 wheeler or 2 wheeler, petrol or diesel, private or public transport,

as long as u r Sinkies

U kena!

[laugh][laugh] [laugh]

Ah gong jin fair one [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=16523

Owners of petrol vehicles will have to maintain their cars and bikes regularly if they are to pass regular inspections next year. From 1st April 2018, most of these vehicles will have to emit less carbon monoxide than now, and will have to meet a new hydrocarbons cap.

16523_p1_s_2.jpg

spacer.gifExisting vehicles will be able to meet the heightened inspection standards as long as they are well maintained with proper and regularly servicing

For instance, any car registered between 1st January 2001 and 31st March 2014 currently cannot have more than 3.5 percent of carbon monoxide in its emission. This cap will be lowered to one percent from April next year. On top of that, the emission cannot contain more than 300 parts per million (ppm) of hydrocarbons, a byproduct of imperfect combustion.

For cars registered from 1st April 2014, the standards are even higher - a carbon monoxide composition of no more than 0.3 percent, and a hydrocarbon make-up of no more than 200ppm at an engine speed of 2,000rpm.

Motorcycles registered between 1st July 2003 and 30th September 2014 will also have to meet a hydrocarbons cap - 7,800ppm and 2,000ppm for two-stroke and four-stroke models, respectively. The hydrocarbons cap for those registered from 1st October 2014 will be even lower at 1,000ppm. On top of that, these newer models cannot have more than three percent of carbon monoxide in their exhaust gases, down from 4.5 percent now.

For diesel vehicles, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said the current smoke opacity test will continue to apply. The opacity test was last tightened in 2014, from 50 Hartridge Smoke Units (HSU) to 40 HSU.

Explaining the difference in test treatment, the NEA said petrol vehicles generally emit more carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons while diesel vehicles generally emit more smoke (a proxy for particulate matter). "This is in accordance to international practices on testing of emissions from in-use vehicles," it added. The Straits Times understands that existing vehicles will be able to meet the heightened inspection standards as long as they are well maintained with proper and regularly servicing.

No wonder lately I see emas signage telling motorists to regularly service their car to save fuel.
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

you sound like an expert mah... i definitely not

from your post, the civil servants be paid market benchmark while minister should be capped at 200k pa period

so the perm sec will earn far higher than the minister...sounds like a good plan

Edited by DACH

No wonder lately I see emas signage telling motorists to regularly service their car to save fuel.

I think I've heard the argument from our vaunted scholar types that this is why it's good to scrap cars at 10 years of age. To remove the less fuel efficient/more polluting cars from the pool.

I think it's so much bulls**t.

Scrapping a car leaves a carbon footprint.

Making a new car from scratch leaves a carbon footprint. This latter alone is claimed to be as much as that created during a lifetime of driving an older car.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/green-living-blog/2010/sep/23/carbon-footprint-new-car

You tell me what's kinder to the environment?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4