The new Water and Carbon Tax

RadX

For Singapore we can build giant platforms on the sea and

spray sea water on the platform and the sun will evaporate

the water and we collect from the glass roofs over the platform.

We get clean water and free salt. Salt has one very useful 

purpose beside putting on our chips, molten salt is a great

store of heat for solar power stations.  [thumbsup]

:D  

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I know how to solve the lack of clean water problem

and at the same time stop the rising oceans problem.

Just build giant swimming pools in countries with big deserts

like in Arabia and North Africa and channel sea water to it.

Build a giant glass roof over the giant pools and the sun will

cause the water to evaporate. Collect the clean water for

drinking and as more sea water gets evaporated the oceans

will be lowered as we build more and more pools.

The deserts are very big right like miles and miles?

So if they build this, this will save the world from Water World.

And it was all my idea.  [thumbsup]

Just build a large shade over the seawater.

Insulate the shade.

Evaporated water condensed on the cool shade and slide back down to be collected as clean water. :D

Think it'll work, maybe not ? [shakehead]

• Praise 2

Just build a large shade over the seawater.

Insulate the shade.

Evaporated water condensed on the cool shade and slide back down to be collected as clean water. :D

Think it'll work, maybe not ? [shakehead]

It might work.

Anything that uses the sun to evaporate the sea water

that can be collected as clean drinking water will be ok.

[thumbsup]

Explain earlier is actually good. If there is something that need to be changed and public picked it up and highlighted, they could change or reverse it before it is implemented. This is better then implement it already and there is no way to reverse the implementation that is just few wks or few months old.

Sadly, this is far from it. Was there ever a consultation or public dialogue on new initiative with regards to tax? I am only aware that they seek consultation from people who may not be representative of the general public.   

It like all our world leaders are all so dumb one.

None have any clue on solving the world's problems.

Rising ocean problem, lack of clean water problem,

rising cost of energy problem etc

Which of these leaders are smart enough to solve anything?

31trump-master768.jpg

duterte2-033017.jpg

3763E84700000578-0-image-m-15_1471599719

najib_400x400.jpg

65.gif?w=760

2+malcolm-turnbull-nbn.jpg

6566b28b19d255759a72e2f34cd45873.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

boris_2999425b.jpg

6b5876c960277cc462a32762dbaf9760.jpg

40db7e00ed85677a4b4024fb93a7f784.jpg

slide_410710_5168162_free.jpg

I know how to solve the lack of clean water problem

and at the same time stop the rising oceans problem.

Just build giant swimming pools in countries with big deserts

like in Arabia and North Africa and channel sea water to it.

Build a giant glass roof over the giant pools and the sun will

cause the water to evaporate. Collect the clean water for

drinking and as more sea water gets evaporated the oceans

will be lowered as we build more and more pools.

The deserts are very big right like miles and miles?

So if they build this, this will save the world from Water World.

And it was all my idea. [thumbsup]

Brilliant. Are you from Hyflux?
  • Praise 3

Sadly, this is far from it. Was there ever a consultation or public dialogue on new initiative with regards to tax? I am only aware that they seek consultation from people who may not be representative of the general public.

Does a robber ask you for permission before they rob you?
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/chope-is-that-cool?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1491093298

When media publish this kind of news, I feel very worried. The worried is that government may want to step in. This is not good, government please don't step in for all those little things.

Remember about 2wks back someone publish in straits time forum on want authorities to step in for chopping of seats, now this news. Wtf man.. If government continue the trend of stepping in every little thing because of small group of people complain, we are screwed due to it is not sustainable and government have to keep rising taxes for growing for bigger government. A lot of things government no need step in one but they still do due small group of people complaint. Haiz..

Edited by Yewheng

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/chope-is-that-cool?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1491093298

When media publish this kind of news, I feel very worried. The worried is that government may want to step in. This is not good, government please don't step in for all those little things.

Remember about 2wks back someone publish in straits time forum on want authorities to step in for chopping of seats, now this news. Wtf man.. If government continue the trend of stepping in every little thing because of small group of people complain, we are screwed due to it is not sustainable and government have to keep rising taxes for growing for bigger government. A lot of things government no need step in one but they still do due small group of people complaint. Haiz..

+1

People to start a conversation with "the government should... this and that.."

It's like NS, when we cannot work together, the instructor will tell all of us to knock it down..

Everyone suffers.

Supercharged

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-consumer-watchdog-to-monitor-water-price-profiteering/3647426.html

CASE to monitor water price profiteering...LOL

If i read this 2 days ago, I'd have thought it's a April Fools joke.

If you are in the business you will know that the claim that utilities expenses account for less than 1% of business costs is realized only in dream land or lala land or when the moon is blue or in cases where you sell kacang puteh type of biz ........ you get me drift.

Itz easily 3-6%

Supercharged

If you are in the business you will know that the claim that utilities expenses account for less than 1% of business costs is realized only in dream land or lala land or when the moon is blue or in cases where you sell kacang puteh type of biz ........ you get me drift.

Itz easily 3-6%

Ok, must place a qualifier that the percentage is dependent on the sales volume. If biz not good, the percentage might be worse. Some landlord may even offer rental inclusive of utilities...... so ya technically you can claim it is less than 1%.

If not later they say I put up fake news.....

Twincharged
(edited)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-consumer-watchdog-to-monitor-water-price-profiteering/3647426.html

CASE to monitor water price profiteering...LOL

If i read this 2 days ago, I'd have thought it's a April Fools joke.

Really what the..

It is government who raise the taxes for water and as for business owner more or less their expenses will increase especially those that need to use a lot of water.

So now government going to shift the blame to business owners for profiting due to tax Increase?

Its more like there are some people who complained that some coffeeshop already raise price for drinks like coffee, can drinks etc. But hey, they are doing business too, they need to factor in the cost increase too. Plus on what justification that government feel the increase is too much where they are not in the business owner trade of business?

But at the same time can understand the dilemma from government as they need to collect more money for future sustainability. So now government have to look at business owner perspective too, they also want their business to be sustainable.

The root cause of the problem is that government interfere too much and led to increase in spending. So now they are in very tight spot and need to collect more money.

So how to solve this problem? Only way to to this is to reduce government spending and not keep step in for every little thing people complain to the government..

Edited by Yewheng

First they must reduce headcount and improve their own productivity.  Just look at any ministry - got Minister (some got even 2 Ministers), second minister, minster of state, Senior parlsec, not even counting the PS. 2PS, .... etc.  Down the line the headcount just swell up even more.  All of them need to be paid you know.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2